Sign in to follow this  
dale560

Blizzard in North Dakota

We are in the middle of what’s supposed to be a 3 day blizzard., it snowed about 6 inches yesterday and quit for 12 hours then started out this morning again early. I came out to farm and will stay until it’s over just so I can get out and check pastures when it lets up. Everyone’s soybeans , corn and silage plus cattle are still out grazing. 65 mph wind gusts tonite with blowing snow 

A20A61FB-A86E-4298-A3E7-741A06E6C396.jpeg

I hate winter! 9 degrees at Aspen this AM - too early for that cold! At least it's not snowing though. I hope you get a quick melt and warmup to finish off for the season.

Wind's blowing like crazy here, supposed to be getting that snow later on today

We had probably 10-12" total accumulation and wind is still blowing it around. I spent the 2 days before the storm bringing cattle in and have been feeding the last couple days... not what I enjoy doing starting in October. All my corn is still in the field but I think it faired the snow alright. 

Were just on the edge of it right now but for a cast is for 2' and 60 mph winds tonight. I hope not! Its snowing a bit here and wind is up but not much on the ground yet. Sounds pretty bad from Brandon to Winnipeg so its just a matter of a few hours and it will be here

Snapchat-436229594.thumb.jpg.b563b94f561c1bf0ae17b92a3b8bfb2e.jpg

9 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Were just on the edge of it right now but for a cast is for 2' and 60 mph winds tonight. I hope not! Its snowing a bit here and wind is up but not much on the ground yet. Sounds pretty bad from Brandon to Winnipeg so its just a matter of a few hours and it will be here

Snapchat-436229594.thumb.jpg.b563b94f561c1bf0ae17b92a3b8bfb2e.jpg

We are straight south of Brandon moisture coming up out south and coming around . Western North Dakota, Minot and west is okay but we are getting it here

I’m not jealous at all...

• Like 1

this has been a year that will be easy to forget from the time the snow melted in spring to this there hasn't been many decent days and now we will probably freeze off this weekend,

Sorry I couldn't have held on to more of that snow down here (not really).😋 The wind and temp is bad enough. Don't want to have to deal with the accumulations you guys are talking about this early, only have about 2" on the ground now and the sun is out. We are supposed to see 60 degrees by mid week. I will try to send that your way also. Good luck getting through the storm. 

this is about what it looks like here

46516913_626536391124775_8093869902286290944_n.thumb.jpg.6fa10367b28b443e085ca4ab443d73e3.jpg

• Haha 5

https://youtu.be/eq6fDa9JrzQ

maybe we should rethink this theory vs buy into the global warming agenda.  Seems awfully odd that scientist could be 180 degrees (pun intended) 40 years apart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

We are straight south of Brandon moisture coming up out south and coming around . Western North Dakota, Minot and west is okay but we are getting it here

Guys 20-30 miles southwest of here are combining yet. No snow. We definetly can't do that!

Snow started up here around 11 or so, most of it's melting but the grounds too white for my liking

It’s not supposed to move east much more than mn border. 25 miles west of us are clearer sky’s also. Jet stream pulling moisture from pacific taking it to eastern USA north into Canada then dumping on us.

F1956096-D537-488C-B472-53DC844E1D48.png

A6AE2400-66CF-413C-976A-8D88D606A212.png

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

It’s not supposed to move east much more than mn border. 25 miles west of us are clearer sky’s also. Jet stream pulling moisture from pacific taking it to eastern USA north into Canada then dumping on us.

F1956096-D537-488C-B472-53DC844E1D48.png

A6AE2400-66CF-413C-976A-8D88D606A212.png

We're just east of Dauphin, still snowing so far, supposed to be 60mph winds tonight

45 minutes ago, IH766 said:

We're just east of Dauphin, still snowing so far, supposed to be 60mph winds tonight

Okay so you are straight north of us . Your getting the worst of it

Just now, dale560 said:

Wonderful lol

1 hour ago, IH766 said:

I'm south of the mountain from you and we've been getting hit all day, but a few miles west really no snow. I might try baling straw after work, although it looks like the system is going northwest now, so maybe not 

From the sounds of it Winnipeg and Portage are getting the worst so far

4 minutes ago, db1486 said:

From the sounds of it Winnipeg and Portage are getting the worst so far

Yep the storm changed tracks a couple times. It actually isn’t to bad out except for the dang wind. I was just put on hiway to drive past pastures I am worried about and visibility is not great but not bad. Road is closed though as all roads in north east part of state. Picture looks better than it is though

EE27C4BC-9043-40E4-A94C-190635867B36.jpeg

Pretty much total white out here now. Winds are picking up but we're fairly sheltered in the bush here

My oldest son lives in Fargo and sent me this picture. It's still snowing there. 

imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.90adbbeb3a44f811cea07eb9268659cb.jpg

Yep the storm changed tracks a couple times. It actually isn’t to bad out except for the dang wind. I was just put on hiway to drive past pastures I am worried about and visibility is not great but not bad. Road is closed though as all roads in north east part of state. Picture looks better than it is though

EE27C4BC-9043-40E4-A94C-190635867B36.jpeg

Yes this morning the storm was going straight north, now its turning and heading west. Who knows, it might turn again and head back to you lol. Just kidding. It better not

10 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Yes this morning the storm was going straight north, now its turning and heading west. Who knows, it might turn again and head back to you lol. Just kidding. It better not

Yes the heaviest was by Langdon Nd and Winnipeg. Supposed to get 8 to 18 more inches tonite and tomorrow but I think they are wrong . The jet stream is in a big u blocking this storm from moving through

4 hours ago, dale560 said:

Yes the heaviest was by Langdon Nd and Winnipeg. Supposed to get 8 to 18 more inches tonite and tomorrow but I think they are wrong . The jet stream is in a big u blocking this storm from moving through

IS THIS SNOW HERE TO STAY OR WILL IT MELT OFF?

6 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

IS THIS SNOW HERE TO STAY OR WILL IT MELT OFF?

Weather channel was at Devi's Lake where they were supposed to get up to 2'. Said it could very likely be there till spring