Not the way I thought my day would go

ihrondiesel

Wasn’t expecting to hear this. Prayers are sent for a quick recovery. I’m glad to hear the latest news, make sure to keep all of us posted. 

15 minutes ago, MTO said:

How are you coming along Ron?

No photo description available.

What are you talking about. I do that to my phone all the time. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MTO said:

How are you coming along Ron?

No photo description available.

I might actually get to go home today!  Now just gotta figure out how to come up with $13K a month for pills since the insurance company feels I’m not worth that much. ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Well $---, Isn't insurance grand ( not really) We're all pulling for you. Good luck.

2 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

I might actually get to go home today!  Now just gotta figure out how to come up with $13K a month for pills since the insurance company feels I’m not worth that much. ?

That prescription drug thing has to be one of the biggest rackets of all time.

6 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

U gotta be $hittin me!

I'm late to the party here, great news on the dio.   Keep digging on the drug stuff, some companies help out so look for other options.  Insurance ranks right up the with the IRS in my book.   Prayers sent for better results on the drug thing from Tennessee.

1 minute ago, pete23 said:

Has to be a way to get that medication without bankrupting you.  Got to be.   Never been hit that hard but medical bills have kept us on one knee most of our married life.   Best of luck . 

Insurance companies are NOT your friend.

They set the rates, what AND WHEN  they'll pay and the "man" says we HAVE to have it

21 minutes ago, MTO said:

Insurance companies are NOT your friend.

They set the rates, what AND WHEN  they'll pay and the "man" says we HAVE to have it

They need to be regulated.

Wait - I believe they are.  Heavily.  How's that work?

IHRon-----

Don't know where to tell you the answer is with the costs.

I do remember when my wife was getting ready to start her chemo treatment--------the clinic discussed with us special needs funding if necessary.

Fortunately------our insurance covered the most part and we covered the rest.  (the rest of the medical bills will empty your pockets fast enough)

In the long term treatment process------I saw people from all walks of life (and all stages of cancer).  It was obivious that many did not have insurance nor the means to otherwise pay.  It looked as everyone got treated equally.

Talk to your doctor---------I am sure there is some help somewhere in the background.  (may be it came through the Cancer Society).  I just don't remember the details-------been 10 years ago.

No doubt-------there are very few people that could live with a $13,000/month medical bill.  Don't be bashful about asking for help.

We are well educated on medical expenses.  Some drugs can be purchased for less costs without insurance-----than with insurance coverage (makes no sense???).

Keep us posted------keep moving forward.

DD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I’m back in a hospital bed. Had a fever of 103 Thursday afternoon, when they let me go last time they said if it’s over 100.5 I better come in. Went in to get checked out,  they admitted me again. Had some X-rays done when I was in here the fist time that showed some pneumonia. Redid them and had a CAT scan as well. Now they are saying I have something going on in my lungs as well. Did a biopsy yesterday, so I’m sitting around waiting over the weekend until the biopsy results come back. 
Thanks everyone for the prayers. It has been unbelievable to me how many people have just showed up to help and done things for us without being asked. 

• Sad 2