I bet Mayor Louras is some proud today.

The former Rutland mayors son was involved and killed in a shoot out after opening fire on the police station, hes now suspected in a homicide a couple towns north. this thing is going to slide south 6 ways to Sunday, mark my words. The bleeding hearts will be screaming excessive force and police brutality while also bleating about stricter gun control. By what i am reading here it seems clear to me its suicide by cop. All the involved officers have been put on administrative leave. 

https://vtdigger.org/2019/10/08/reported-police-shooting-blocks-rutland-train-tracks/

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Police-presence-near-Rutland-Walmart-parking-lot-562516271.html

5 hours ago, IHRunner said:

Very sad ordeal. Prayers to all involved.

Frankly my biggest concern, this is the first cop/civilian shoot out I can think of, I'm terrified these guys are going to be crucified to meet some leftist agenda. That's a very crowded area, there's a shopping plaza with many stores including Walmart and price chopper and a 9 place movie theater. On the other side is an Amtrak station and it is all fronted up with a very busy down town area that's congested and filled with storefronts and restaurants. Really if it wasn't for rutlands drug problem, it'd be really nice. These cops did what needed doing to immediately deescalate the situation, the only person who got dead is the fool who opened fire. To me that's a job well done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
12 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Frankly my biggest concern, this is the first cop/civilian shoot out I can think of, I'm terrified these guys are going to be crucified to meet some leftist agenda. That's a very crowded area, there's a shopping plaza with many stores including Walmart and price chopper and a 9 place movie theater. On the other side is an Amtrak station and it is all fronted up with a very busy down town area that's congested and filled with storefronts and restaurants. Really if it wasn't for rutlands drug problem, it'd be really nice. These cops did what needed doing to immediately deescalate the situation, the only person who got dead is the fool who opened fire. To me that's a job well done. 

I dunno... I think there’s something going on here that isn’t being told. That was his cousin they found in the ditch. Why would this guy go shoot up a police station. There’s more to this.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

I dunno... I think there’s something going on here that isn’t being told. That was his cousin they found in the ditch. Why would this guy go shoot up a police station. There’s more to this.

Sure is, he’s connected somehow but no one is saying yet

People are going nuts, yesterday here in Lincoln at a chick fillet restaurant some guy went nuts about his food, started to tear up the place, throwing food and chairs, then got into his truck and drove it into the building,  a Burlington northern railroad cop pulled his concieled weapon and shot him dead . 

Lets see now what happens to the officer . 

Some are calling him a hero but the wing ding bat demacrats say otherwise . 

• Sad 3
23 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

People are going nuts, yesterday here in Lincoln at a chick fillet restaurant some guy went nuts about his food, started to tear up the place, throwing food and chairs, then got into his truck and drove it into the building,  a Burlington northern railroad cop pulled his concieled weapon and shot him dead . 

Lets see now what happens to the officer . 

Some are calling him a hero but the wing ding bat demacrats say otherwise . 

This one just really stinks. This guy kills his cousin- dropping his body into a ditch 20 some miles away and then goes and shoots up a police station, driving away and then they shoot him in a “standoff “ a little while later...?

This just stinks from the start.

What I would like to know was how many of these officers did he know?

Did he know because he’s the former mayor’s son or because he was a trouble maker? 

Was the cousin known by the officers also? 

I just think it’s really suspicious that it took 4(?) officers to “contain the threat”- AFTER this guy drove off... 

It sounds like he was located in an empty parking lot- wasn’t that “threat” contained there? 

Idk, but I do know that “dead men tell no tails”

Something stinks here. That’s my gut feeling.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

This one just really stinks. This guy kills his cousin- dropping his body into a ditch 20 some miles away and then goes and shoots up a police station, driving away and then they shoot him in a “standoff “ a little while later...?

This just stinks from the start.

What I would like to know was how many of these officers did he know?

Did he know because he’s the former mayor’s son or because he was a trouble maker? 

Was the cousin known by the officers also? 

I just think it’s really suspicious that it took 4(?) officers to “contain the threat”- AFTER this guy drove off... 

It sounds like he was located in an empty parking lot- wasn’t that “threat” contained there? 

Idk, but I do know that “dead men tell no tails”

Something stinks here. That’s my gut feeling.

There’s more to the story for sure. the way I understand he opened fire in 4 cops. They aren’t going to sit around flipping coins to decide who should return fire, they are going to act, see attached screen shots, it may have been early but that’s one busy place. The green inclement and arrow show where he got shot, as I understand, the blue rectangle and arrow show the police stay, this fool had already opened fire from strongs ave. The. He lets fly on the cops that cornered him? That’s suicide by cop if you ask me, doesn’t mean the officers are at fault. I am no fan of Rutland city PD by any means but I don’t see how these officers acted wrongly. F09B9E9A-EB0A-45AF-BC2E-A47EE93E4A38.jpeg.0efeddeaec3ae8f8d732f1f5fb297be0.jpeg

7286A182-1F4D-4155-B556-A1592F507F11.jpeg

94DB15C5-4968-4B3F-A213-EA850C8574F5.jpeg

This is a perspective from a retired Canadian police officer, who has 3 sons who are also police officers...

I think it’s fitting that the officers who were fired upon get to go home to their families tonight... if you are confronted with lethal force you respond similarly .. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Until someone has hard evidence that the cops were in the wrong I have to go with Seth on this one. Suicide by cop. Maybe this guy was going to do something to his cousin for whatever reason, wound up the the cousin dead. Or lost his cool and just killed his cousin. Guy figures he's gonna get caught or loses it over killing the cousin and figures he's going to go out in a blaze of glory? If the guy shot up a cop shop (most have a pretty good video surveillance system now) then fled he was for sure a danger to others. 

Rick

• Like 2

Thats messed up vt. We need to address the problem and that problem is cultural. Its nit the gun. I think most of us know that. Was at arbys late waiting for an order a few weeks back. A junkie walked in and went right to the bathroom. He was oviously high. Wasnt a small guy either. I went on alert. I had my M&P shield on me. He came out with a gatorade bottle and started filling and drinking repeatedly at the pop machine. Long story short the cashier called him out and he walked out. She gave chase. I followed her out as he had a girl waiting for him outside. They kept going and i just maintained overwatch. She called the fuzz and all ended peacefully. Glad i was armed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 660 driver said:

Thats messed up vt. We need to address the problem and that problem is cultural. Its nit the gun. I think most of us know that. Was at arbys late waiting for an order a few weeks back. A junkie walked in and went right to the bathroom. He was oviously high. Wasnt a small guy either. I went on alert. I had my M&P shield on me. He came out with a gatorade bottle and started filling and drinking repeatedly at the pop machine. Long story short the cashier called him out and he walked out. She gave chase. I followed her out as he had a girl waiting for him outside. They kept going and i just maintained overwatch. She called the fuzz and all ended peacefully. Glad i was armed.

660, if you actually go back and look this type of thing has been going on a lot longer than either the media or politicians are willing to admit. Just one example: massacre . They want to pretend it's all new and all the fault of the firearm. The murder rate in what was the colonies and now is the US was about 30 per 100,000 in 1700, dropping to 20 per 100,000 in 1800 to under 10 by 1900. In 2017 it was 5.3 per 100,000. Now that not 5.3 murders by firearms per 100,000. The gun murder rate is about 3.7 per 100,000. What's different is social media. Something happens here and within minutes it's on TWITTER, FACEBOOK, and all over forums like Red Power. So a rash of shooting in Chicago that's really local news is now headline breaking news internationally. 

You decide. A 2 year old girl was killed by her 5 year old brother. Accidental shooting. National or international news? Or a local tragic event? And yes, the parents were stupid and left a loaded firearm where the kids could get at it. But that wasn't the question. The question is was that event worthy of national news?

So if the murder rate isn't considered high by any means. Not when many nations have murder rates of over 30 per 100,000.

Rick