B.B.

Anyone on here have a Cub Cadet Volunteer UTV?

I bought a slightly used Cub Cadet Volunteer EFI back this spring and was wondering if anyone else on here had one?  

It won't currently run as it has something electrical wrong that won't allow it to turn over, and when we short across solenoid it doesn't seem to have spark either.  We've checked all the easy stuff but I haven't tried to bypass the oil level sensor, and I'm honestly not quite sure it has one yet.  

I also need to replace the front boots on the CB shafts.  

Just was hoping someone else might have some experience with them. 

60142829_10218800364550133_7465978368312213504_n.jpg

Does it have a coil or a magneto fired engine? If it's a mag try pulling the lead to the mag and crossing the solenoid again. It should start. If not the mag's bad.

25 minutes ago, exSW said:

Does it have a coil or a magneto fired engine? If it's a mag try pulling the lead to the mag and crossing the solenoid again. It should start. If not the mag's bad.

Agreed, I think it's a mag and I know they ground out to kill. 

It's something in the wiring as it just won't crank.  I had it narrowed down to what I felt was a faulty key switch but a new one makes no difference.  Next thing to try is to see if it has an oil level switch and if it does see if bypassing that solves the issue. 

Oil level switches usually affect ignition. Not cranking.

There should be two nuetral switches on transfer case. Both need continuity before it will crank. Will not affect ignition.

Any starter that has a solenoid that also engages drive gear should have a starter relay. Without it you will experience a lot of key switch failures.

There should be two nuetral switches on transfer case. Both need continuity before it will crank. Will not affect ignition.

Any starter that has a solenoid that also engages drive gear should have a starter relay. Without it you will experience a lot of key switch failures.

37 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

I've bypassed the neutral switches, and the park brake.   We've swapped relays around and did get it to crank when bypassing relay for start, but I don't think it was getting fire when we did that. 

I agree on the oil level switch effecting ignition usually, and it's not something we have checked yet.  

They havn't put a seat switch in that have they? As far as I know the brake switch just lights an indicator on dash and sounds alarm when you put it in gear with brake applied.

Assuming you have power at the switch (you havn't stated). The problem would be between switch and relay. Time to take voltmeter and start checking.

Other thing comes to mind. The last I knew there were over forty versions of that switch. They all looked pretty much alike. Make sure each terminal is doing what it should.

1 hour ago, snoshoe said:

They havn't put a seat switch in that have they? As far as I know the brake switch just lights an indicator on dash and sounds alarm when you put it in gear with brake applied.

Nope no seat switch, not any on the seatbelts.  

Brake switch will kill motor if it's in gear at same time.   

21 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

Assuming you have power at the switch (you havn't stated). The problem would be between switch and relay. Time to take voltmeter and start checking.

Other thing comes to mind. The last I knew there were over forty versions of that switch. They all looked pretty much alike. Make sure each terminal is doing what it should.

Thanks for the advice.  I need to keep checking.  It's at the farm so I only get to work on it for a bit on Saturdays.  

I should of said I bought it running and have used it some around the farm, and a few weeks back brought it up to house and shut it off with no restart.   When I reached down to shut it off it almost felt like it quit just as I was starting to turn it, but I didn't think anything about it till it then wouldn't crank over. 

Yes I am getting power to the switch as the fuel pump comes on as soon as you turn it on.