Some cool old school pulling pictures

The first pic of that 1456 puller is from 1970 and the second one is from 1967 and that 1206 traveled 5,000 miles that year pulling and the third is Gene Donaldson sitting in Broadbent Arena waiting to pull probably in the late 1980s, he passed away in 1990 or 1991 and his son has resurrected the old tractor and pulls with it and that last pic is one of the Kohl brothers on one wild ride, these ole boys pulled for years and were tough and they say you can still see one of his 1206 pullers working on the farm with the 30.5s still on it

Puller from August of 1970.jpg

Picture from 1967 of a 1206 puller.jpg

Old school 1206 puller the Wild Fire, I remember this tractor pulling in the 1970s.jpg

Kentuckys very own Gene Donaldson and the Cats Meow puller, he farmed just east of Louisville about 20 miles or so.jpg

Gary Kohl hanging on a wild ride at Eldora Raceway in 1976.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redtop I second that and third that and on and on.  IH and CaseIH are about the top pullers in the country now wouldn't you think we would have a pulling board, hum, YES.

• Like 1

Cool pics. Thanks Hydro70. In the interest of accuracy, it should be noted that regarding the Kohl’s, Dale and Gary Kohl were father and son, not brothers. Dale Kohl the father is now deceased. It used to be great watching them pull, they were located not too far from us in Perrysburg, OH. 

3 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Cool pics. Thanks Hydro70. In the interest of accuracy, it should be noted that regarding the Kohl’s, Dale and Gary Kohl were father and son, not brothers. Dale Kohl the father is now deceased. It used to be great watching them pull, they were located not too far from us in Perrysburg, OH. 

That is right why I put brothers I don't know, my typin was goin faster than my mind

13 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Boy that last picture made me pucker up a little!! I couldn’t imagine that on a narrow front!! 

I agree on the pulling board!!!! ????

Ha-Ha.... Says the only guy with a picture of a NFE pulling tractor on his avatar.  Just kidding. I imagine he's preoccupied, and doesn't even know the left rear tire is a foot off the ground.

The old pulling tractors from the '60's and '70's are so different than today's tractors.

2 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Ha-Ha.... Says the only guy with a picture of a NFE pulling tractor on his avatar.  Just kidding. I imagine he's preoccupied, and doesn't even know the left rear tire is a foot off the ground.

The old pulling tractors from the '60's and '70's are so different than today's tractors.

My avatar picture is just a bone stock 1066, that was the very first day I got it back on 4 wheels and running.  I’d sure like to be able to put a current picture of it for my avatar, but it keeps kicking the picture out saying it’s to big.  

32 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

My avatar picture is just a bone stock 1066, that was the very first day I got it back on 4 wheels and running.  I’d sure like to be able to put a current picture of it for my avatar, but it keeps kicking the picture out saying it’s to big.  

I was never a really huge fan of the 66-series when they were new, but over the years they have grown on me. Now their one of my favorites.  And I'm a Real Fan of NFE tractors. 

2 hours ago, red2thebone sr said:

Watched Phil and Lee Aylward pull for a lot of years. 

I remember watching Lee Aylward pull his 1066 in the early seventies.  I believe he was from Memphis, MO., IIRC.

• Like 1

red power used to have tractor pulls but not for a long time. When the president of the board was a lawyer they did away with the pulls, heard him say even tractor rides scared him from his lawyer liability thinking.

5 minutes ago, randy hall said:

red power used to have tractor pulls but not for a long time. When the president of the board was a lawyer they did away with the pulls, heard him say even tractor rides scared him from his lawyer liability thinking.

Great, now I know who to blame..............without them its like watching paint dry.  The first year it was at Bloomsburg they had a pull and I was told it was a heck of a pull, of-course I missed it having to tend to the cows.  The next time and every time after..............zip.

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Great, now I know who to blame..............without them its like watching paint dry.  The first year it was at Bloomsburg they had a pull and I was told it was a heck of a pull, of-course I missed it having to tend to the cows.  The next time and every time after..............zip.

I think it was in '96 the red power was in Michigan and they had two days of pulling one for all IH and one for everyone. A lot of pulling and nobody got hurt but a 5 year old boy was abducted during the show and was killed.