King of Obsolete

TD-18 Alternator Conversion

in September I did both of my TD-18 cats with alternators which makes it nice for starting when you forgot to charge the batteries.

https://www.kingofobsolete.ca/TD-18_IH_alternator_WEBPAGE.html

thansk

alt running back.JPG

alt running front.JPG

• Like 2

Nice work fabricating those alternator mounts ! 

1 hour ago, north of 60 said:

Nice work fabricating those alternator mounts ! 

thank you, it was all guess work. nice to finally have a charging system instead of plugging the cat in to start by charging up the batteries, lol .

thansk

Always worth it to do that.. if you don’t you eventually end up spending more time “going through the motions” than it takes to repair it right.. 

2 hours ago, north of 60 said:

Always worth it to do that.. if you don’t you eventually end up spending more time “going through the motions” than it takes to repair it right.. 

also too busy running around thinking i'm making money by doing work for other people and not getting paid or having to wait for the money. 2019 I decided to slow down and do my projects and only work for people that pay.

thansk

Good plan. Plenty of people out there that will take advantage of you, and your resources to "maybe" someday pay you. I been there done that, actually money ahead this way. Conversion looks good. 

10 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

Good plan. Plenty of people out there that will take advantage of you, and your resources to "maybe" someday pay you. I been there done that, actually money ahead this way. Conversion looks good. 

thank you. 

thansk

my computer can't find the pictures I took of the alternator conversion on the D6 9U I did in 2005 so I snapped a picture tonight in the dark.

thansk

D6 alt.JPG

• Like 1