MTO

Clarksburg/Parkersburg WV area

Need to hire someone to swap 2 loaded rear tires/wheels side to side on a 584 with a loader in West Union WV.

If someone on here can`t do it (for a fee), anyone know of someone or a tire shop with a service truck that can?

Need it done before this coming Sunday. 

Called Appalachian Tire 20 miles away who sells/mounts tractor tires/has a service truck and asked if they could perform this swap.

He replied that what I was asking him to do is what he considered a "Hillbilly truck repair"

WTH is wrong with people?!!!!

• Haha 1

I’d love to know the back story on this one

Just to make it fit on a trailer would be my guess. It's probably too wide the way it's set right now

4 minutes ago, bitty said:

Just to make it fit on a trailer would be my guess. It's probably too wide the way it's set right now

Yes. Rears are maxed out .

Hauler needs them narrowed.

Dunno how I get involved with this $hit, but I do.

It ain`t rocket science to do it. 

I am simply the guy who inspected tractor for my customer buyer. 

sigh........

I can see it all now, I`ll be making ANOTHER 4 hr trip to good ole West Virginny...

Bring your helper, loaded tires are heavy.....

Well, I guess there are no members in this area.

And to follow up, this has been a nightmare for me. On the phone for 4 days.

Yes, I could get a different hauler but at $1000 to move a 584 160 miles, I said "thank you" and hung up.

Neither seller or myself could find ANYONE to hire to narrow rears SO I rented a deckover from a customer for hauler to use.

Now, hauler is an older gent, 72, who I know and respect and he is leary of loading tractor by himself as it will be raining Sunday and ramps/higher trailer etc.

SO, I asked seller if he would assist in the loading, for a fee of course.

He refused as it`s Sunday.......sigh. I asked if he knew someone there that I could pay to assist. He said no, not on Sunday.

So, now I have a hauler, a rented deckover, a paid for tractor and nobody to assist the old gent with loading.

If I go along myself, which I cannot, I`m gonna choke somebody down there in those mountains.

Buyer is coming to shop later today to discuss other options.

Dunno how those people handle something COMPLICATED down there....sigh.

such a simple project

sellers dont have a clue and dont want to be bothered

this late in the game I would pack in buyer  plenty of rags and fresh water

and std pick up kit inclusive of winch jacks blocks compressor and needed tools ( 3-4 days planning)

spend the 90 min per tire to dump the dumb a$$ fluid re air and swap sides

and have taken spare tires and winched the offending ones on front

Have you called Mr. Haney of Green Acres? He would be glad to help you with any issues you may have. I believe he is visiting Mr. Douglas's farm at this time, with Mr. Campbell. 

ok help me understand this one - you have a 574 ih tractor, the lil utility thing with a loader and its too wide to haul down the hwy? and you need the tires unmounted to haul it? 

12 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

ok help me understand this one - you have a 574 ih tractor, the lil utility thing with a loader and its too wide to haul down the hwy? and you need the tires unmounted to haul it? 

Rears maxed out to 91".

Trailer width 83 between fenders.

Hauler wants it on backwards.

Can`t find ANYONE willing to narrow rears . ANYONE, even ag tire shops.. Called 2 of them.

Rented a deckover for hauler to use.

584 2.jpg

will the tires/wheels fit on it turned inside out? the hubs look like they are offset 

I dont know a darn thing about those utilities, do they have hubs that slide on the axles like a 560 ? 

5 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

will the tires/wheels fit on it turned inside out? the hubs look like they are offset 

I dont know a darn thing about those utilities, do they have hubs that slide on the axles like a 560 ? 

Asked to have just ONE wheel and hub reversed would have gotten it narrow enough.

NOBODY was willing to do ANYTHING to help us. Even the ag tire shops with service trucks!!

One shop told me what I was asking him to do what he considered to be a "Redneck trucker job"

WTH is that?!

In a word, pathetic.

around here u can rent gooseneck flatbeds for hauling and drive about anything up on them i do that ocassionally for stuff my trailer cant handle - also have wide bumper pulls to rent reasonable. 

mine is 82 between teh wheel wells but i have SOLID fenders that u can drive tractors over. 

160  miles is easy peasy, if i was close i could do it for you guys but thats not much help 

I paid to have  my 5088 moved 100 miles and it cost me 500 bucks, it had duals on it and with renting a trailer, taking duals off just my trailer rental and fuel would have been 350 so i said HAUL IT!!!!

i wasnt out any time and dad got the surprise of a lifetime wehn they showed up with it and dropped it off 🙂

no on with forks on a skid steer around there to life the tire? or a loader tractor ? 

That tire with fluid shouldnt weigh more than 1200 lbs or so i would think. at most 1500 

im not a super smart guy but i can think of how it could be done pretty easily with an impact, forks/loader to lift with etc........worse case a little more manual labor

i could do it in an hour or less depending on how things went 

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

around here u can rent gooseneck flatbeds for hauling and drive about anything up on them i do that ocassionally for stuff my trailer cant handle - also have wide bumper pulls to rent reasonable. 

mine is 82 between teh wheel wells but i have SOLID fenders that u can drive tractors over. 

160  miles is easy peasy, if i was close i could do it for you guys but thats not much help 

I paid to have  my 5088 moved 100 miles and it cost me 500 bucks, it had duals on it and with renting a trailer, taking duals off just my trailer rental and fuel would have been 350 so i said HAUL IT!!!!

i wasnt out any time and dad got the surprise of a lifetime wehn they showed up with it and dropped it off 🙂

Hauler`s trailer, as I said, was a fendered trailer. 

He knows/trusts/maintains it and is comfy with it. After I promised to check/prep rented deckover for hauler before he used it, he agreed to pulling it.

I simply needed 584 narrowed. 

Willing to pay whatever to do so a

But you would think I was asking these people to pull the motor and rebuild it.

Seller farms 800 acres and said he couldnt help me.

5 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

no on with forks on a skid steer around there to life the tire? or a loader tractor ? 

That tire with fluid shouldnt weigh more than 1200 lbs or so i would think. at most 1500 

im not a super smart guy but i can think of how it could be done pretty easily with an impact, forks/loader to lift with etc........worse case a little more manual labor

i could do it in an hour or less depending on how things went 

You understand that, I understand that, they don`t.

6 minutes ago, MTO said:

Asked to have just ONE wheel and hub reversed would have gotten it narrow enough.

NOBODY was willing to do ANYTHING to help us. Even the ag tire shops with service trucks!!

One shop told me what I was asking him to do what he considered to be a "Redneck trucker job"

WTH is that?!

In a word, pathetic.

well golly i dont get it.................i have neighbors around here with stuff that would come over n help just for the challenge to see if we could do it, you know GUY THING and my wife would have been a good extra set of eyes cheering us on ready to dial 911 LOL

i have this sitting in my driveway that belongs to my neighbor, i think we could figure out a way to get them done ? it belongs to my neighbor - im do tlc stuff on things to trade for using it to dig some stuff in my back yard 😉 

deere backhoe.jpg

pathetic is an understatement, whats wrong with people, dont they want to do anything anymore? 

I dont get it............

• Like 1

I kept calm and patient through each day of calls and inquiries.

I took my BP pills faithfully through each and every setback.

I held my tongue at each refusal to help.

THEN, after I get ALL the ducks in a row and hauler asked to have someone there simply help him back it on and they said "No, it`s Sunday", I came unglued. 

we had someone in our neighborhood try to get some gravel delivered on a sunday - it didnt happen.......

4 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

we had someone in our neighborhood try to get some gravel delivered on a sunday - it didnt happen.......

But I bet the same people go to stores/ purchase groceries/gas and eat in a restaurant on the sabbath. 

3 minutes ago, MTO said:

But I bet the same people go to stores/ purchase groceries/gas and eat in a restaurant on the sabbath. 

of course they do we are all hypocrites in our own right 😉

You would think that the seller would be helpful to get it gone. If I were selling it and narrowing it was stopping it from leaving I’d be like “I’ll be done in an hour or so. Did you head this way yet?”