Sign in to follow this  
88power

anybody work on man lifts?

i got a condor t60 and there claiming the 4x4 is not working. How would i test it? before anyone says it its drier than a popcorn fart here so no mud to be found.

Jacks?  Lift up and block up nonsteer axle and see if it pulls? 

• Thanks 1

I only have experience with some JLG's . If it has a switch to select between 4x4 and 4x2 check for power at the switch and to the relay/solenoid that controls the hydraulic flow to the motors at the wheels.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 88power said:

i got a condor t60 and there claiming the 4x4 is not working. How would i test it? before anyone says it its drier than a popcorn fart here so no mud to be found.

bring it out here, we have many different types of mud for you to try😀😄🤣

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Jacks?  Lift up and block up nonsteer axle and see if it pulls? 

that was the only thing i could think of to try 

2 hours ago, TomH said:

I only have experience with some JLG's . If it has a switch to select between 4x4 and 4x2 check for power at the switch and to the relay/solenoid that controls the hydraulic flow to the motors at the wheels.

its full time 4x4 

56 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

bring it out here, we have many different types of mud for you to try😀😄🤣

here at work there trying to set up for a crazy azz horse coming for a race they wanted to put a cover over a pen for her the effen stakes to strap it to wouldnt screw in the ground without quite a bit of water and a custom tool i made outta scap to go on my half inch drive battery impact, it felt like a jackhammer

3 hours ago, 88power said:

here at work there trying to set up for a crazy azz horse coming for a race they wanted to put a cover over a pen for her the effen stakes to strap it to wouldnt screw in the ground without quite a bit of water and a custom tool i made outta scap to go on my half inch drive battery impact, it felt like a jackhammer

Sounds to me a little Rompun would be a lot easier😏😎😀😄

I’m not sure on that specific model but all the man lifts I’ve worked on were hydraulic drive on each wheel and they all had a round plate in the middle of the hub that you can unbolt and flip over that pushes on a pin to release the drive so it can be pulled without dragging the wheels if the engine isn’t running. 
just flip all of them around and then just engage one at a time and see if each wheel is working. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 65806 said:

I’m not sure on that specific model but all the man lifts I’ve worked on were hydraulic drive on each wheel and they all had a round plate in the middle of the hub that you can unbolt and flip over that pushes on a pin to release the drive so it can be pulled without dragging the wheels if the engine isn’t running. 
just flip all of them around and then just engage one at a time and see if each wheel is working. 

CAUTION!!!

If you disengage all of the planetaries in that fashion there will not be anything to keep the man lift from rolling away 

In other words, if you disengage 3 of the wheels and the fourth wheel has a planetary or drive motor problem the man lift could roll away from you.

I do like the recommendation of sufficiently restraining the chassis and observing which wheels spin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1586 Jeff said:

CAUTION!!!

If you disengage all of the planetaries in that fashion there will not be anything to keep the man lift from rolling away 

In other words, if you disengage 3 of the wheels and the fourth wheel has a planetary or drive motor problem the man lift could roll away from you.

I do like the recommendation of sufficiently restraining the chassis and observing which wheels spin.

Good call. I was just assuming working on a level shop floor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 65806 said:

Good call. I was just assuming working on a level shop floor. 

Yes, but most shop floors are not level.  Typically they are pitched to shed water either to a floor drain or out the door.  Either way it could get ugly quickly!!

Be careful if you jack up. Man lifts are very heavy 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smfarms said:

Be careful if you jack up. Man lifts are very heavy 

yeah this one is close to 20k i got jacks to lift it but if i have to do it i got a pile of 6x6 wood blocks im gonna set it on 

10 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Yes, but most shop floors are not level.  Typically they are pitched to shed water either to a floor drain or out the door.  Either way it could get ugly quickly!!

lol whoever poured this floor for them must have missed that day of class first time we went to wash it out it all ran to the back

13 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Sounds to me a little Rompun would be a lot easier😏😎😀😄

this is one of those deals no one knows whats going on and wait right to the last minute to change things i had to go back out to the track this morning to set more stuff up they wanted and she was in the pen fine as wine but they said if they tried to put her in a stall she'd kill herself tryin to get out

54 minutes ago, 88power said:

this is one of those deals no one knows whats going on and wait right to the last minute to change things i had to go back out to the track this morning to set more stuff up they wanted and she was in the pen fine as wine but they said if they tried to put her in a stall she'd kill herself tryin to get out

Kind of tongue in cheek because I'm sure officials or owners would frown on it. But, around here we use Rompun (sedative) when something needs their azz settled down. Probably talkin some BIG money so better to do it their way😀

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Kind of tongue in cheek because I'm sure officials or owners would frown on it. But, around here we use Rompun (sedative) when something needs their azz settled down. Probably talkin some BIG money so better to do it their way😀

The big bull breeder guys have some feed that is laced with sedative makes the animals nice and calm for shows

54 minutes ago, dale560 said:

The big bull breeder guys have some feed that is laced with sedative makes the animals nice and calm for shows

Don't advertise it but I think it's done alot for safety and to make the animal look better in some situations.

6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

like ive told you in the past im lucky to tell the front end from the back end when it comes to a horse🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 88power said:

like ive told you in the past im lucky to tell the front end from the back end when it comes to a horse🤣

I used to be able to tell the topside of a few particular horses.

That was where the pretty/crazy/pretty crazy woman sat.  She WAS my girlfriend at the time.

• Haha 1