Sign in to follow this  
Hot Plug

560 Turbo

I have a chance to buy a Farmall 560 and remembered plowing at 2+2 guys plow days a few years ago ... had the pleasure of being offerd a few rounds on a pair of 560's ( one guy owned a camera......Nevermind )  after conversing with our soil analyst  (MTO ) I figured what kind of trouble could I get into out here  ( didnt know about the Camera guy with the ZOOM lens at this point )..... John let me have the pleasure of plowing with his SM Diesel aswell ,they all ran awesome  ( even had the chance to help work on one 560  ) had  a thought might like to turn some more Ohio ground some time ... this 560 isnt a turbo " M&W "   so looking for some pointers on the conversion ... 

An no I dont need an help from any Grease monkeys from .....Nevermind !

Any help would be appreciated 

HP

• Haha 4

Not to hijack but I just wonder what the qualifications of being a soil analyst are?

;)

• Haha 2

Just now, bitty said:

Not to hijack but I just wonder what the qualifications of being a soil analyst are?

;)

Dirty mouth and or a soiled personality? 😆

• Haha 5

I seem to remember that he was sitting and analyzing a small section of soil directly under him......Possibly for some newly added fertilizer maybe? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bitty said:

;)

Depend what “soil”means.  hehe!.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hot Plug said:

after conversing with our soil analist

He did say "anal...ist"....    :unsure:

• Confused 1

As for pointers on the conversion,  it was a pretty straight forward kit back in the day. 

The M&W kit was engineered so you didn’t have to cut a new hole in the hood . When finished, the only tattle tail sign by looking and listening to  it was the additional oil filter on the left side and the sound . 

When I restored my 560 I had all the pieces except an original  yellow M&W oil filter .  I was able to chase down a few NOS filters from an old M&W dealer in Red Oak Iowa. He also had some of the original decals . 

While I was at his place I discovered they were remanufacturing several castings for various different tractors . I saw pallets of newly cast elbows and turbo mounts for not only International but John Deer as well . It’s been several years since I was there but I bet they are still making parts or even complete kits . 

When I was a kid you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting either a 560 or a 4020 that someone had installed an M&W kit . 

Im lucky enough to be able to drive a few miles in either direction and stumble through a tractor junk yard with plenty of dead solders to pick parts from. It surprises me to hear that some parts of the USA and Canada do not have such opportunity . If you end up with a 560 and need some parts I’m pretty sure I can stear you in the right direction. 

If you want me to look for some M&W stuff let me know, I don’t think it’s all that rare yet. 

Here is a couple appetizers for you when you can’t sleep at night .

1732993069_nakid5604.jpg.9f2f444428dd7ab5c6f0d9b7a58710bd.jpg

125369963_nakid5601.jpg.e5b9723aaeb1b029ac0dbe536f57ec9a.jpg

1867869864_Image8-1-17at2_12PM.jpg.24276b4925e58b1c971dce377849f079.jpg

nakid 560 3.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bitty said:

;)

Well .... Um ... seein this guy came from the coal hills of western PA he considers himself an analyzer of many things ....  

Lol .....           HP

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TomH said:

I seem to remember that he was sitting and analyzing a small section of soil directly under him......Possibly for some newly added fertilizer maybe? 

Lmao  well that could have bin just that or he seen the guy with the camera an was hiding from it .......  Dunno 

HP

3 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Depend what “soil”means.  hehe!.

Ha ha .....    " Soil " 

HP

If you look closely at the pic of HP 'relieving" himself, you`ll notice the old woman on her porch pointing and laughing.

Eh?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MTO said:

If you look closely at the pic of HP 'relieving" himself, you`ll notice the old woman on her porch pointing and laughing.

Eh?

Lol  ......

HP

1 minute ago, Hot Plug said:

Lol  ......

HP

that`s what she said...

6 hours ago, bitty said:

;)

Means he’s full of $&@?

You need the extra boost to pull the gathering sleigh? I’ve acquired a few sets of half tracks... just saying. 

1 hour ago, Hot Plug said:

Well .... Um ... seein this guy came from the coal hills of western PA he considers himself an analyzer of many things ....  

Lol .....           HP

Since you mentioned “ coal hills of western PA”   I seam to recall something about a town in that area that has been burning underground for several years ???

Something about a fire that started in the mine and there is no way to put the fire out???

Is this true ?

If so, is it still burning? 

12 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Since you mentioned “ coal hills of western PA”   I seam to recall something about a town in that area that has been burning underground for several years ???

Something about a fire that started in the mine and there is no way to put the fire out???

Is this true ?

I believe that you are referring to the Centralia, PA underground coal fire, but Google tells me that it is one of 38 active underground coal fires in Pennsylvania CURRENTLY!!!

42 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I believe that you are referring to the Centralia, PA underground coal fire, but Google tells me that it is one of 38 active underground coal fires in Pennsylvania CURRENTLY!!!

57 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Is this true ?

More north central or central PA

I forget if it's 54 or 61 or both that goes through the town. It's in what I have always heard called the coal region

8 minutes ago, bitty said:

I forget if it's 54 or 61 or both that goes through the town. It's in what I have always heard called the coal region

Ive been through there, 61 sounds right but not for certain. It’s kinda eerie driving through there. They removed all the houses, it’s just concrete pads an foundations.

I drove right by Centralia on the way to RPRU in Bloomsburg, Rt 61 is the main street.  There are several mine fires in Pa but Centralia is the most famous. Its been burning for 50 years and its been said that it may burn for as much as another 100 years!

On 9/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, lorenzo said:

As for pointers on the conversion,  it was a pretty straight forward kit back in the day. 

The M&W kit was engineered so you didn’t have to cut a new hole in the hood . When finished, the only tattle tail sign by looking and listening to  it was the additional oil filter on the left side and the sound . 

When I restored my 560 I had all the pieces except an original  yellow M&W oil filter .  I was able to chase down a few NOS filters from an old M&W dealer in Red Oak Iowa. He also had some of the original decals . 

While I was at his place I discovered they were remanufacturing several castings for various different tractors . I saw pallets of newly cast elbows and turbo mounts for not only International but John Deer as well . It’s been several years since I was there but I bet they are still making parts or even complete kits . 

When I was a kid you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting either a 560 or a 4020 that someone had installed an M&W kit . 

Im lucky enough to be able to drive a few miles in either direction and stumble through a tractor junk yard with plenty of dead solders to pick parts from. It surprises me to hear that some parts of the USA and Canada do not have such opportunity . If you end up with a 560 and need some parts I’m pretty sure I can stear you in the right direction. 

If you want me to look for some M&W stuff let me know, I don’t think it’s all that rare yet. 

Here is a couple appetizers for you when you can’t sleep at night .

1732993069_nakid5604.jpg.9f2f444428dd7ab5c6f0d9b7a58710bd.jpg

125369963_nakid5601.jpg.e5b9723aaeb1b029ac0dbe536f57ec9a.jpg

1867869864_Image8-1-17at2_12PM.jpg.24276b4925e58b1c971dce377849f079.jpg

nakid 560 3.jpg

I apologize here Lorenzo I replied to your post yesturday but it went POOF .... Dunno ..  I see some heat shields an some pipe routing ,looks like a simple install .. dose it use the factory injectors ?  Pump setting change ? Thanks again Lorenzo those pictures are a big help ..   

HP

One more thing here Larry, is the chrome valve cover a M&W accessory or dose the 40 have a Red one on it now ...lol  

Thanks for all the here guys ..... with everything  ......😉

HP

40 minutes ago, Hot Plug said:

I apologize here Lorenzo I replied to your post yesturday but it went POOF .... Dunno ..  I see some heat shields an some pipe routing ,looks like a simple install .. dose it use the factory injectors ?  Pump setting change ? Thanks again Lorenzo those pictures an a big help ..   

HP

My injectors are stock OEM and as far as I know the pump has not been turned up however the sky is the limit these days it seams so I’m sure you can alter those if you choose. Of course the experts on here will tell you that a 560 won’t start and the rear end is going to fall out on the ground so it dosent matter anyway .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2