Sign in to follow this  
Ffphil

1927 IH Six Speed Special

Hi all, new to this site  Just picked up this beauty. Don't know much about vehicles this old. Any and all help is appreciated. Was told the motor was rebuilt about ten years ago and never started. Need to finish wiring. I would like to find an owners manual for it if they made them in the 20's. I would also like to see a written start up procedure. Thanks for any help. 

MVIMG_20190918_124507.jpg

MVIMG_20190918_124652.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Waukeshaw  XA engine that is apparently the same as the 6-speed engine. It's on my Dad's old #8 combine and it still turns over and has spark after sitting since 1960!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ffphil said:

Hi all, new to this site  Just picked up this beauty. Don't know much about vehicles this old. Any and all help is appreciated. Was told the motor was rebuilt about ten years ago and never started. Need to finish wiring. I would like to find an owners manual for it if they made them in the 20's. I would also like to see a written start up procedure. Thanks for any help. 

MVIMG_20190918_124507.jpg

MVIMG_20190918_124652.jpg

Here you go. Right out of original owners manual.

25124215-B100-40CD-A7CE-886B8312BBF1.jpeg

7A85E5AF-FF25-448D-A46F-3A862D0E0761.jpeg

5F9D9B82-A3D4-4D4A-B293-7F82661E6336.jpeg

• Like 1

binder books offers a copy of the manual.

• Like 1

Thank you all. 

Dale560, how did you come by your book if I may ask? Do you have a six speed special? 

Thanks to R190 I did purchase a manual from Binder Books. 

11 hours ago, Ffphil said:

Dale560, how did you come by your book if I may ask? Do you have a six speed special? 

Thanks to R190 I did purchase a manual from Binder Books. 

No we don’t but Dads dad had one years ago. Must have bought it new but  book is still here for it. Dad used to say they had it when his parents lived in northern South Dakota and used it to move everything back to North Dakota. 

Dale560, so your saying you have an original manual not a reprint? If so would you consider selling it? I bought a reprint manual but it would be neat to have an original.

8 hours ago, Ffphil said:

Dale560, so your saying you have an original manual not a reprint? If so would you consider selling it? I bought a reprint manual but it would be neat to have an original.

Yes it is original. It has inspection ticket in pack and so on. No it’s not for sale.

Very nice, thanks for sharing your story. 

oh very cool, never knew they made such an old truck, reminds me of the waltons old truck they used for their lumber mill hauling but i think it was some kind of an old ford from the 30s? 

What a cool truck! I'm guessing it's going to see a full resto?