King of Obsolete

TD-18 Known as Blaine

we enjoyed some nice weather this week and it only took 2 years of having the cat parked in from of the shop to finish the under carriage change over. then the head decided to put bubbles in the rad so we did a head change out too. once that was down we dragged the heavy sloop from the front of the Kingdom to the back where the loading ramp is. it was a good week of having fun.

thansk

TD-18 bubbles.JPG

TD-18 pull.JPG

TD-18 running rain'.JPG

TD-18 running test drive.JPG

• Like 1

KOO good to hear from you.  I was beginning to think you didn't come out of hibernation last Spring!  What have you been up to?

KOo,

Yes we are always interested in info and pictures from the great white or green north country!

Regards,

Chris

yesterday I started the TD-18 known as Blaine on gas then switched to diesel. as I was doing other things the engine started to sound funny. when I got back to the cat it was running out of control and I had a hard time shutting the motor down. once the engine was off I found gas pouring out of the intake manifold and even more when I popped the spark plugs out. turns out the gas did not shut off in the little carburetor when the levers are switched to diesel. the gas tank is about 2 gallon and mounted on the top of the rad which is higher then the intake manifold. basically the gas flowed in to the engine while running on diesel and got everything a little hot. by midnight last night I had popped the heads of to see the damage and the one gas valve was burn off and sitting on top of the piston. oh well

thansk

td-18 dieing.JPG

td-18 dieing head.JPG

td-18 dieing valve.JPG

40 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

KOO good to hear from you.  I was beginning to think you didn't come out of hibernation last Spring!  What have you been up to?

I have been busy making a living not having fun like I used to do, lol 

thansk

20 minutes ago, sugarmaker said:

KOo,

Yes we are always interested in info and pictures from the great white or green north country!

Regards,

Chris

thanks, I was locked out on this BB and with the new computer I was able to get unlocked. i'm thinking this new computer is more drama then the old one. they are making the internet a harder and harder place to enjoy.  

thansk

Well that's disappointing and a whole lot more work for a small item failing, are you still painting and reusing your head gaskets?

Looks like more equipment for working on stuff now, I saw on another bb you have a fancy new truck, looks great for the areas you go.

Judging by your calendar model still not getting cold up there yet

13 hours ago, hardtail said:

Well that's disappointing and a whole lot more work for a small item failing, are you still painting and reusing your head gaskets?

Looks like more equipment for working on stuff now, I saw on another bb you have a fancy new truck, looks great for the areas you go.

Judging by your calendar model still not getting cold up there yet

my cup of coffee is always 1/2 full, i'm gald it broke in front of the shop before I bolted the hood and stump pan back on. working for a living has got me a few new toys but not much time on the internet.  

thansk

13 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

you are one humble dude

just normal, lol

thansk

it was a non stop day to get the td-18 known as Blaine back together before the weather turns nasty. I just welded the gas valve closed and buff it smooth and put the other green head on the back of the motor. that green head has a welded gas value from 2008 so I don't see a problem. in 2014, I upgraded the 12 volt starter so the cat really doesn't need the gas side of the engine to start. by 7pm the engine was up and running and by 8pm the hood was bolted on and done for the night.

thansk

td-18 head fixed.JPG

td-18 head running.JPG

td-18 head done.JPG

in 2011 I bought this td-18 known as Blaine now it has become a true winter freighting cat.

https://www.kingofobsolete.ca/TD-18_INTERNATIONAL_BLAINE_WEBPAGE.html

thansk

blaine 2012.jpg

• Like 2

Reading through the first few posts is just like stepping back in time 15 years lol. Hard to believe it’s been that long already. Nice to see a few of the originals posting yet. I haven’t checked in on this side for a little while now.

Nice to see some dual stacks KOO! I saw some down in S Dakota a few weeks back, 2 TD18’s and a UD 18 in a big Adams grader.    Sadly no IH equipment pics as my phone battery died, it took 5 hours to tour the yard and there are hundreds of old cars, trucks, tractors and equipment.   R59 

Edited by rocko592018
Thanks goes to autocorrect

thank you, just having fun 

thanks

8 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

Ya keep brazen up holes 🕳 and it will be a single stack and worth something eh

even if it becomes a single stack it will never have a chrome stack like your td-14 known as Thirsty, lol

thansk

• Haha 1

Captain Crunch, Rocko and KoO posting all in the same month!  It is like Old Home Week here!!  If Sawmill shows up it will take me back to ten years ago!!  LOL!  I am glad to see that everyone is still kicking!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, captain_crunch said:

Due to family issues I am on my own divorced for two years kids don’t speak so it’s me and Kelly 

538F6524-2081-4BF9-83BB-E123DDACDEEB.jpeg

oh my, in a time of need you are on your own. I find that happens with family that is why it is just me and xena at the end of the world. none of my family has anything to do with us now.

thansk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

Ya keep brazen up holes 🕳 and it will be a single stack and worth something eh

Been a while since we’ve seen a good single vs duals argument cc lol.

Good to see you back around. Sorry to hear about the family. 

Was buying some planer mill knives out of Oregon a couple years back and thinking about you. I still check in occasionally on the forestry forum but hadn’t seen you there for a while so was hoping things were still going good just busy. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the family and the accident CC, good to see Kelly with you, she looks like a kind woman.