Jesse in WI

Hydraulic Coupler O-ring

I am looking for a part number or size of the o-ring that goes inside of the female hydraulic quick couplers (item 6) on my MXU125. I currently have an issue where there is a pretty significant leak at the couplers when I have hoses connected to the tractor. Without hoses connected the leaking stops. I am hoping it is just a matter of replacing the o-ring and not something more significant. I was at the dealership on Saturday morning and they said they could only get the entire assembly for $300 each (I have 4 sets). 

image.png.7235bf6c760d91fab846fde8647fa7ad.png

Did you talk to John at valve ? If not call and ask for him and he should be able to help you 

11 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

Did you talk to John at valve ? If not call and ask for him and he should be able to help you 

That's who I talked to. He said to get one out and they could try to size one up with what they had on hand.

It's almost an hour one way for me to get there so I was hoping to have some more information other than just bringing in the old one and hoping for the best.

Almost certainly the O ring. That might have an O ring with a backing ring behind it. Any parts guy worth his lunch money should be able to find it. 

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but isn't #7 what you are needing? Supercedes to #87382012

coupler.thumb.jpg.d0dc2d116452d4cc8c23a30b2a9d3824.jpg

If you are simply looking for an o-ring for the inside of "Pioneer" ISO type couplers, you can get those in packs of 100 from McMaster Carr.   Dash #211    $8 for 100.    Coupler leaks at my farm have gotten much rarer since buying a pack....

3 hours ago, farmall57 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but isn't #7 what you are needing? Supercedes to #87382012

coupler.thumb.jpg.d0dc2d116452d4cc8c23a30b2a9d3824.jpg

I think #7 seals against the coupler and the fancy, Earth friendly drip catcher thing that drains into a small tank under the couplers.

2 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

If you are simply looking for an o-ring for the inside of "Pioneer" ISO type couplers, you can get those in packs of 100 from McMaster Carr.   Dash #211    $8 for 100.    Coupler leaks at my farm have gotten much rarer since buying a pack....

I asked the parts guy about this and he said they were different size. I took his word for it since he is one of the best parts guys I've ever talked to. Other people in the area have the same opinion of this parts guy.

Yes he is the best I’ve ever dealt with 

Farmall 57 is correct on the o-ring, should be a cream colored o-ring. I keep a couple hanging on my tool box, just went and looked part # 9861431. Jeff is correct on the Ind. # 211 for Pioneer couplers 

Yes--I should have clarified that I didn't know if the couplers and orings you needed were different...just that most tractors use the standard Pioneer style couplers, and most leaks seem to be the oring in the coupler....which I listed.  Just meant it as a "FYI in case it applies".   Definitely listen to the parts guy!

Thanks guys. Just ordered 100 pack of #211 on Amazon for $10. I got other tractors that will need them in the future. Now I'll just have to remember where I put the box when I need them.

I found a place to get oring  of all types if you know x +y they help with the z

as CIT says there are many flavors  just got  50     BN  212/90   217/90 with the outrageous 2 day super padded shipper they were $5.50

Farmall 57 is correct, seal kit #87382012 is the o-ring and backup ring for the female coupler.

Have your dealer look up bulletin # 2018-046 CIH N SB to confirm this.

Just an FYI, if you ever need to replace the female coupler on a Basildon-built tractor(CaseIH MXMs/MXUs and later mid-range tractors), do yourself a favor and tell your partsman you need one for an MX Maxxum(MX100/110/120/135 models) instead of the one the partsbook calls for. It screws right in place, and works MUCH better in cold weather in our cold northern climate in the wintertime. The "correct" couplers are hard to couple hoses to in the winter and pop out hoses in the cold, too. We have replaced several of the "correct" couplers with the old couplers for warranty on several tractors through the years...at the recommendation of CaseIH.

MXU o-ring.PNG

and when you figure out how to get those two, oring and backing ring, in there

let me know what medication you take as I'm unsure what is best

8 hours ago, SDman said:

Farmall 57 is correct, seal kit #87382012 is the o-ring and backup ring for the female coupler.

Have your dealer look up bulletin # 2018-046 CIH N SB to confirm this.

Just an FYI, if you ever need to replace the female coupler on a Basildon-built tractor(CaseIH MXMs/MXUs and later mid-range tractors), do yourself a favor and tell your partsman you need one for an MX Maxxum(MX100/110/120/135 models) instead of the one the partsbook calls for. It screws right in place, and works MUCH better in cold weather in our cold northern climate in the wintertime. The "correct" couplers are hard to couple hoses to in the winter and pop out hoses in the cold, too. We have replaced several of the "correct" couplers with the old couplers for warranty on several tractors through the years...at the recommendation of CaseIH.

MXU o-ring.PNG

If I am reading this correctly there are two pieces inside each of the female couplers? I ordered a supply of what appears to be the black o-ring in your picture but I'll have to take a look in my tractor to see if the white ring is in there as well.

The part# for that coupler has changed over the years...your coupler may/may not have the backup ring. The seal kit# is for the newest part# of the coupler. Remove your o-ring and look in the bore of the coupler...if the backup ring is in there and looks good...leave it in there and just put the new o-ring in and be done. If it’s not in there, you will probably have to install the backup ring as I’m guessing the new o-ring is slightly smaller to allow for the backup ring. Good luck. 

I'm working on replacing the o-rings but I can't figure out how to get the "drip collectors" off the outlets. I took the tank off and tried to remove the cap from the top but didn't want to break it. Can anyone help me out?

IMG_20190921_165153745_HDR.thumb.jpg.434ed2a0f63fd3b44911aded1971f520.jpgIMG_20190921_165203670.thumb.jpg.72d1cacb356322a5e3cb5b419e7499a8.jpg

Get it? I'm upset that I can't remember, but I do remember it was a lot simpler than I thought. I want to say the bottle just pulls off and the top caps just pop up and pull off. I'm going to check back here and see. 

Put this on the back burner until I got more info. I had the tank off and was trying the top cap. Got the cap to move about 1/8" and it got real tight so I stopped. Was just using a large screwdriver to pry on it. Any help would be appreciated still.

Jesse

On 9/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, Jesse in WI said:

I'm working on replacing the o-rings but I can't figure out how to get the "drip collectors" off the outlets. I took the tank off and tried to remove the cap from the top but didn't want to break it. Can anyone help me out?

IMG_20190921_165153745_HDR.thumb.jpg.434ed2a0f63fd3b44911aded1971f520.jpgIMG_20190921_165203670.thumb.jpg.72d1cacb356322a5e3cb5b419e7499a8.jpg

They should just snap onto the couplers as a group. Just take a rubber mallet and tap on them from the backside. They should come off as a complete group of 4 on each side. 

On 9/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, SDman said:

They should just snap onto the couplers as a group. Just take a rubber mallet and tap on them from the backside. They should come off as a complete group of 4 on each side. 

Thanks SDman. I took that tank off and tapped the back side top and bottom and they came right off. 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:53 PM, SDman said:

MXU o-ring.PNG

So I took everything apart yesterday and I have the O-ring and backup ring in each outlet. I pulled one O-ring out and tried putting a brand new #211 in its place but did not go in with the backup ring in place. I took the backup ring out and was able to get the #211 in the groove but now it seems my male hydraulic tips will not lock in place with this set up. I was hoping to replace the 2 rings with one very common o-ring but at this point it's not looking promising. 

Anyone know if the kit shown above comes as one o-ring and one backup ring only? This would require two kits per set of outlets then?

Thanks

Jesse

4 hours ago, Jesse in WI said:

Anyone know if the kit shown above comes as one o-ring and one backup ring only? This would require two kits per set of outlets then?

Thanks

Jesse

Yes, one seal kit has just one o-ring and one backup ring...need two per set of outlets.

As far as your o-ring dilemma, keep in mind that those tractors are built in Basildon, England, with couplers sourced locally. An o-ring for a regular 1/2" Pioneer coupler probably will not fit those couplers due to a size difference in the o-ring bore.