$214k a day

Don`t watch sports but someone, who doesn`t know me very well, sent me a message that Ben Rothlessberger got hurt (boo hoo) and will be out for the year.

Hmmm. So I thought I would start a GOFundMe page for him.

Then I learned the topic title is his income.

Now I`m boo hooing for me.....

I`d be happy with  $200 a day much less $214 THOUSAND a day!

This sports thing is just nuts and has been for a long time. 

But I`m sure some diehard fan will start a page for him in case you Steeler luvers wanna help out...

$214K a day.... trying to get my head around that...$214K a day....

Image result for shake my head gif

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, MTO said:

Don`t watch sports but someone, who doesn`t know me very well, sent me a message that Ben Rothlessberger got hurt (boo hoo) and will be out for the year.

But I`m sure some diehard fan will start a page for him in case you Steeler luvers wanna help out...

You can fix it by voting for Bernie... Atilla would be proud of you!

• Haha 5

Come on Mark, you're used to $1,000 a day.  😂. I don't have sympathy for athletes as that's the profession they choose, not my fault if they aren't putting money away like everyone else has to.

and to think that BS almost died in the 80"s .shame...politicians and mob decided we should pay them  so we buy them stadiums which are never paid for from tickets and 80% of $$ all "other" use tickets is siphoned off

$8 a scoop of union fake ice cream , that was the price at last circus and 3-4 stadiums later.....wish taxpayers would buy me new stuff every time it needs painted

2 hours ago, MTO said:

What's even funnier is you used a meme of a person that makes 56 million a year to be a fake judge on tv...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I am usually odd man out at my wife's family get together's. I never watch sports. Just Saturday we all had to go to the in-laws for their anniversary.  They are all outside shooting baskets. My 18 year old son and I are having a cup of coffee and watching "this Old House" In come my three of my four brother in laws and they change the channel to some stupid hawkeye football game. I'd like to see any of them put in a door or window.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

have fun with it while you are here, cant take it with you no matter how much you make

An old guy was dying. He called his preacher, doctor and lawyer to his bedside. He told them "they say you can't take it with you when you die but I want to take just a little". He produced 3 bulging envelopes and continued "in each envelope is 50,000 dollars cash. As they close my casket I want each of you to place this money in with me". All 3 agreed. After the funeral a few days later the 3 were talking at the reception. The preacher says "I have to make a confession. The church needs a new roof and we were 10,000 short. I only threw 40,000 in the casket". So the doctor says "me too. We are building a new free clinic and were short 25,000 so I only placed 25,000 in the casket". The lawyer looks at both and says "I'm socked, I'll have you know I placed a personal check in that envelope for the entire amount!".

I gotta agree on the sports money. And it's pathetic if you think about it. Almost 100% of those athletes have at least a couple of years of college and many are too stupid to invest or save some of that money. The number of of broke out of work former professional athletes is astounding!

Rick  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SMiller said:

What's even funnier is you used a meme of a person that makes 56 million a year to be a fake judge on tv...

And what`s even funnier than THAT, she IS a real judge, retired out of Manhattan, and only makes a trivial $900k a day. 

And I absolutely LOVE that that broad!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, SMiller said:

BINGO!!!

214,000 a day. What’s the football season 100-120 days, on average?

The average football player’s career is 4 years- plus minus. 

214,000 * 100 = 21,400,000

21.4 * 4 years= 85.6 million (?)

Throw in advertising promotions, endorsements and the better ones are over 100 million for 4 years of work.

If they were actually taught about money management and personal responsibility, that would see their grandchildren through a lifetime. 

20 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Throw in advertising promotions, endorsements and the better ones are over 100 million for 4 years of work.

If they were actually taught about money management and personal responsibility, that would see their grandchildren through a lifetime. 

LOL yea, if they were to take just 1/2 and invest it they, their kids and grand kids and beyond could like like kings off of investment returns or interest. Even at a 1% return annually that's 4XX,XXX a year.

Rick

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

au contraire...

en Roethlisberger

• Footballer - Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Born: 1982 USA
  • Married
  • Children: 2
  • Annual: $55,500,000.00
  • Monthly: $4,625,000.00
  • Weekly: $1,067,307.69
  • Daily: $213,461.54

From judge Judy (I'm a fan too) to Ben and all high paid athletes, entertainers etc,. They only make that much money because of demand.  Nobody forces us to go see in person, on tv, buy merchandise etc.

Look at the bright side, it's proof that capitalism/free markets work.   Think of how angry most of us would be if we lived in country that wouldn't allow them to make that kind of money. 

Some of these people actually give back to their community so that's an upside as well. 

• Like 1

There is a story that one of the NFL coaches takes all his new players into an office, and rolls out 1 million cash on the table. “Ok fellas, here is what you have been dreaming of,   So let’s pay the taxes”, and he pulls aside the taxes,  “ gotta pay the agent” and he pulls some aside.  “Now everyone wants to buy mom a house” and he pulls aside some, “you all need a new car” and he pulls some aside,  and it’s a small pile.  

“Fellas there are a bunch of the best money people in the office for you to talk to, we have nothing to do with it, all up to you to keep you pile”

they claim aim less than 1 in 10 talk to the money people. 

Im not big on sports either but son follows nfl and whats going on with players, salaries ect. They dont all make that kinda money. Tho im sure none are hurting there are some, at least i believe who wont be mega millionaires when they are done. Many also will carry some serious life long injuries from their time in nfl. As was said about nobody forcing us to watch them, nobody forced them to play either, so they took their chances to follow fame n fortune. Not feeling sorry for them but my.point is not all will get the mega dollars to fall back on. Anybody know what the LEAST paid players get? I dont recall from talking with my son but he probably has some idea.

Also as somebody pointed out many or at least some do give back to their community. Was talking to an aquintance who was familiar with kc quaterback spending time at childrens hospital and spending a lot of money for games and things to entertain the children while in hospital.  Said he would come in and spend a whole day at times playing with kids. This person seemed to be really impressed with his efforts to give back to comunity. And i hope he does.

• Like 1

According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 78% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association (NBA) players go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.

A search on the subject turned up a few big names that have done even better once they retired with their investments--Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan are two I remembered--but a long list of big names who haven't.