Sign in to follow this  
Willicd76

Possibly rare 806LP parts

I recently aquired a very nice 806lp that I intend to convert to Cummins. It has 3900 original hours on it and everything works good. The engine runs good but has a lot of blowby. Is this normal for an 806lp? It also has a cab like I haven't seen before is has sliding doors on it. I'm going to sell the cab, the motor and the complete 2pt and drawbar that came off my 856. There isn't a lot of interest in the old internationals down here. A majority of ours ended up in Mexico! Where would y'all suggest advertising. Thanks

IMG_20190916_171039506.jpg

IMG_20190916_171055399.jpg

1 minute ago, Jbyrd77 said:

Down here...leads me to believe your in the south....where are you located?

Did some snooping and I see your in the Texas panhandle.

I was talking to a guy in Oklahoma and he was talking me the Propane heads were desirable for pulling tractors because you can squeeze more horsepower out of them. I'm not a mechanic and I know squat about pulling events, I've never even been to one.

Sell your tractor up here or advertise in the magazine, LPs are hard enough to come by.  Would hate to see it parted out.

• Like 1

Seems like a shame to part out a rare tractor like that

51 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Sell your tractor up here or advertise in the magazine, LPs are hard enough to come by.  Would hate to see it parted out.

My sentiments exactly.

Then someone make an offer, otherwise it's getting a cummins and put to work. We aren't collectors around here. Every machine pulls it's weight!

We had a 706 when I was growing up with the full vision cab spent many many hours riding on that nice little bench beside dad. Banged my head lots of times probably gave me brain damage lol

• Haha 1

Being common or uncommon set aside, there are far far easier tractors to start with to put a Cummins in and have it turn out nice than an 806, especially an LP. 

I'd put it on Mecum's auction in Davenport, Iowa this coming November 6 thru 9.  They advertise well and tractors sell at a premium.  A 6BT is nice in an 806 but I think there's better candidates for that swap out there.

Money being no object, there is always something better or easier out there. I already have the tractor and I already have 3 twelve valve Cummins waiting to go into something. If I were to forgo this project and sell the tractor, what could I expect it to bring?

Frankly, I don't agree with telling other people what they should do with their personal property unless they ask. There are PLENTY of 806 LP's out there, but nobody wants them.

Oh sure, people would buy one, if it was CHEAP. It's not a valuable collector tractor that people are going to travel from thousands of miles away to bid on and pay a premium price on.

You've got just as much of a chance of owing Mecum's money after the auction as you do coming away ahead. Factor in trucking, commission, original cost of the tractor. You may end up with more money in your pocket selling the parts you are taking off for scrap than sending the tractor to auction. Again, it is not like you are threatening an endangered species here.

The parts that you plan on selling off the tractor won't hold much value no matter where you try to sell them. A good gas engine might, but nobody is going to pay more than scrap price for one with bad blowby. The cab is a fugly oddball, and while probably rare, good luck finding that one guy on the continent that wants it.

I think it would be neat to have a big LP here, they are different and I don't know of any around bigger or newer than a 450 locally..............BUT, you would probably want more than I would want to pay if you are going to drop a Cummins in it.  One thing about that one, it appears the TA is on it, alot of the ones I have seen were either deleted new or later in life.

It's your iron, do what you want with it! I think the side rails will need to be longer, and the hood too. Find some fenders. The cab and engine must be worth something, and the propane setup. Let's see some pics as you do the swap!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

I think it would be neat to have a big LP here, they are different and I don't know of any around bigger or newer than a 450 locally..............BUT, you would probably want more than I would want to pay if you are going to drop a Cummins in it.  One thing about that one, it appears the TA is on it, alot of the ones I have seen were either deleted new or later in life.

The TA works perfectly.

I have two big tractor scrap yards within 100 miles. If I can trade them the cab for a set of fenders and the motor for some other small parts I may need for the conversion, I will be happy. I'm sure some of you will be livid that my parts tractor for a lot of things is a hydro 100 with 5,xxx original hours on it! Someone decided to do some tillage with it and it didn't last long!!!

1 hour ago, Willicd76 said:

The TA works perfectly.

How much????   Jeeze, is the hydro for sale?

Bozeman and Wellington dont have any original fenders left. Wellington sales aftermarket fenders. 

Do what you want with your tractor. If you want to sell it, there are sale adds in Red Power Magazine. There is no for sale section here because of the site owner’s wishes. I’m sure there are other places online and all sorts of auctions as well. Otherwise, good luck with your swap.

I would at least consider keeping the LP goodies as there are people here who own these and have or are in the process of restoring an LP 806. I can’t speak for them but perhaps they will see this.  

I have a 504LP I still use (raked hay with it today).  I think Tony in CA has an 806LP still running.  LP tractors are fine if you have a tank to fill them from.  I just got some propane in at $0.99 per gallon.  Hard to beat that price.  Thx-Ace

3 hours ago, acem said:

just got some propane in at $0.99 per gallon.  Hard to beat that price.  Thx-Ace

Not to hijack. My Local filling station is contracting 1.00 propane for the winter. Think I will take a 2 or 3 thousand gallons for the house and shop. Might be a cold winter.

10 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Bozeman and Wellington dont have any original fenders left. Wellington sales aftermarket fenders. 

Hmm, I wonder why... ;)