Sign in to follow this  

NH 718 chopper question

I know this is not an ih question but I am kind of in a bind. We were chopping corn with our 718 and the cutter bar adjustment bolt came loose and I lost the special washer that goes on the adjuster. So I go to the parts machine which was a running machine,   to grab one and noticed that it didn't have any on it. Are these truly that special or can I just use a substitute one of the same thickness. No open parts dealer in the area on Saturday, so I am just trying to get back up and running 

those are a cone washer that mates up with the adjuster. I would think it would be risky to try and set the shear bar without the right washer. if you were close to me, I could rob one off my old 718.

718 cone washer.jpg

7 hours ago, ny bill o said:

those are a cone washer that mates up with the adjuster. I would think it would be risky to try and set the shear bar without the right washer. if you were close to me, I could rob one off my old 718.

718 cone washer.jpg

That's what I was afraid of. And thanks for the offer, but I am in NC, quite a ways from ny