How much smoke?

Been chiseling 13 shank, 24 ft jd 235, and the 3788 pulls great but constantly blows out black smoke. I put a new injector pump on awhile back and  at starting sounds like it sucks air then runs fine after a minute. Just wondering how others compare? Does not run but half way on temp gauge.

on a side note my 560D smoked like a beast under heavy load - it was pushing 2400rpm and not stock though so under a good load at 1900 to 2200 rpms it was pouring it out - i think it had a pump out of a 706 in it and also cranked up a bit obviously. 

in regards to the 706 w/310 and 5088 im talking under a load of 15% to 20% reduction in rpms vs no load @ WOT 

I'd check the injectors.  Had my 5088 at Cih dealer to check hp and recommended new injectors.  Ran ok after that but smoked terrible under a load.  Then had my friend and former Cih tech check an injector...it was wrong injector.  Replaced with right # injector and now doesn't smoke at all under load.  

2 hours ago, Thesd5488 said: