Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

Winter gloves

Mornings in the low forties, dug out the Carhartt to check cows. Got me thinking gloves. Have worn ropin gloves, yellow, blue and green fuzzies, cow, deer and elk. Usually had a hard time getting a year out of the leather ones. Young kid that bought the feed store said I should try these buffalo. Said his dad swears by them. I did and for the first time had a pair last the winter and go into the next fall. Usually wear out the fingers and the stitching comes out of the palms. Never know these had a winter on em. Just thought I'd pass it along.

IMG_20190913_072624597_HDR.thumb.jpg.42dddee1f72513453e5cb7d75fffb6e1.jpg

• Like 2

My local co-op had me switch from the goat skin gloves to the buffalo skin gloves, 3-4 times longer life in the buffalo gloves!! Mine are just gloves, no winter lining, I keep them in my truck and they get fertilizer on them when I sweep out my trailer after hauling fertilizer, they still seem to last!! 

Low 40's? Heck it's been dipping down not far from that freezing mark here and I dont even know where my gloves are! 😂

Too early to be thinking of winter gloves lol. In all seriousness, I cant find any gloves that will make the winter. Usually go through 2-3 pairs. Probably the best ones I've had so far are the lined mechanic gloves

I average around 3 weeks a pair less for heavy fencing... Barb wire.

18 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Too early to be thinking of winter gloves lol.

I agree, hate wearing gloves. Just thinking is all. Put a little saddle oil on now so they're ready to go when the snow flies and I'm putting tire chains on the 966 and 656 when there's a foot of the white stuff on the ground. Can't seem to get them on ahead of time😆

I'm starting to like those cheap lined rubber coated gloves during the winter time. They don't hold up to things like fencing but they sure do a nice job keeping your hands warm doing chores- cutting twines and breaking ice.

Kind of like these but I buy them at runnings.

51ibgfuvZTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I've found the kinco brand gloves work the best for me. They keep me hands warm when I'm up on the log loader. When it gets extremely cold I have a pair of insulated leather mitts that fit over a pair of yellow.fuzzy gloves, usually I'm sufficiently cold by the time I get myself loaded when it's that cold out

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

I'm starting to like those cheap lined rubber coated gloves during the winter time. They don't hold up to things like fencing but they sure do a nice job keeping your hands warm doing chores- cutting twines and breaking ice.

Kind of like these but I buy them at runnings.

51ibgfuvZTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I have them stuffed everywhere, especially in the plow truck. I don’t like them for firewood because the glove sticks to the wood well but your hand is always slipping inside, wears them raw eventually. 

i use the handy andy/happy hank type yellow fuzzy ones when its cold and running in tractor and not going to be doing anything wet

i use the leather with cuffs for most all other things - cheap at menards

https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/clothing-accessories/gloves/leather-gloves/rugged-wear-reg-mens-leather-palm-gloves-3-pairs/6601009/p-1444421908181-c-7081.htm?tid=-7203384505979550884&ipos=11

I use to wear the cotton jersey gloves when I was a kid. They were cheap for barn chores. But don’t get them wet. cotton is rotten if it’s wet. Cotton absorbs 100 percent of its weight in water outfitters say .

I don't know of any gloves as warm as mittens once you hit Winter. Maybe some hybrid glove-mittens. Maybe some premium electric gloves. I had some cheap electric gloves and they didn't even try to warm your fingers where you needed heat the most.

22 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I've found the kinco brand gloves work the best for me. They keep me hands warm when I'm up on the log loader. When it gets extremely cold I have a pair of insulated leather mitts that fit over a pair of yellow.fuzzy gloves, usually I'm sufficiently cold by the time I get myself loaded when it's that cold out

I used to wear Kincos, but I've switched to the Gemplers goatskin gloves.  Very similar design, but they hold up better for me.

Rural king has wells Lamont's in the fall early winter, they don't have them here the rest of the year for whatever reason.  Still well made gloves, I'll take them over kinco's any day.  I'd just as soon buy them elsewhere but no one seems to have them here.