augercreek

looking at a 504 farmall

What can you all tell me about a 504 farmall wide front ser 15058 SY FF ? Any pitfalls?  Tires are so so torque works has 3 point. What is it worth?

I have a 62 NF gas. It’s been a good tractor. Some thoughts- reverse is slower than slow not great for loader work. The pto lever on the early ones is in the way to get on and off. The angle of it was changed/raised later. I paid $2200 a couple of years ago. In decent shape. 

• Thanks 1

Diesel or gas? Friend of mine has a diesel. Good on fuel but hard to start.

Depends on what you are using it for. I found it to be lighter and less torque than a 460 pulling a 3-14 plow. Easy on fuel , engine based on the "C" block. Some engine parts hard to come by. Had better hydraulics than the 460-560.A little shorter tractor than the 460. Front end uses the same bolt pattern as the 340-240. Had a row crop liked it for small jobs. Didn't have a three point which is light duty. A friend summed it's engine as a bumble bee on steroids. No sleeves in the engine though so rebuilding could be a problem if worn out. Worth less than a 544 or 656 about the same as a 560 gas.2000-3000 if in good condition.Tires is the big thing for price.

Edited by VacDaddyt
Added comment
  • Thanks 1

It's a gas engine.

I had one for a while under a loader. Handy tractors if you don't expect too much. Rated at 45 horse but it ain't no M.

IMHO, with power steering, live pto, live hydraulics, TA and a 3pt hitch it's way more than an M. The only downside is the parent bore block. 

I bought one today, diesel, 3 point, 3 sets of remotes....back tires are shot. But tractor starts right up and is the Farmall version...tricycle front end and its has a functioning TA. Tachometer says 2900hrs but doubtful that's correct.

2500.00 bought in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 

I bought one a few years ago for 800. Farmall, narrow  front,  lpg, 3 pt, one remote, pto, no ta.

It was in non running condition when I bought it from a widow. But it turned over by hand and I was sure I could get it running I bought a tune up kit, a battery, and some propane in a tank. It started up and I drove it on to  the  trailer. I used it to rake hay yesterday.

The points are a pain to set correctly and I know how to set points.

Thx-Ace

mine is shiny and goes nice in parades. one of my last choices of my tractors to do actual field work. fairly gutless, and as noted before, verrry slow in reverse. I would hate to have a loader on one.

main reason for owning mine is, between my brother's and my tractors, we have the whole 06 series except a 706.

there were a couple around here when they were new; they got a reputation for the fan bearing going out and fan hitting radiator.

100_1676.JPG

100_1688.JPG

there were a couple around here when they were new; they got a reputation for the fan bearing going out and fan hitting radiator.

have heard there was long/short version of fan and tin to cover it up