acem

hauling hay on an open tractor in the moonlight

I was moving hay today and didn't get finished before dark. the moon was full so I kept on going.You can see really well off an open tractor  (826 in my case) under a full moon.

It was a beautiful night.

Thx-Ace

• Like 5

Brings back good memories of doing just that...

photos.......?     harvest moon is not until tomorrow...........

Photos?

My phone won't take pic you can see in moonlight. My digital sr will but I don't carry  it on a  tractor...

Thx-Ace

There was a nice moon out last night for sure. I’ve worked a few times with just moon light and it’s a neat experience. Thanks for sharing!

Plowed one night for the BTO from about 7 PM to 4 AM,  used a 4020 gas.  Got just a bit over 4 hours per 34 gallon tank of gas,  so Two Tanks!

Ran most of the night without lights, only used them on headlands.  Could see much further without lights,  could only see what the lights shined on with them on.

Been driving nights for 14 years now stars and planets get bright too. Winter, snow on ground full moon you can see for miles.

• Like 1

I remember when I was a kid we were hauling hay and same thing. 856 with the loader and I was pulling the rack with the 4494. We had a few more days to go but the moonlight off the snow was so bright we hauled till about 2 in the morning with no lights. Of coarse we were close to home lol

put up a ton of small bales at night in the coolness vs heat of the day, luckily we had lights in the barn for stacking 100 was our cutoff on last load in the field which mean around 200 we were done an headed home and showered and in bed by 300 - i dont know how we did it 

Friday night , the moon 🌝 just coming up over the tree line in the east was blood red. Quite a site . 

Use remember using the John Deere corn binder to open up corn field for pickers. 

We would chop corn , bright moon light we would run late. I remember that was a good time .