It’s 9/11 folks may we never forget the souls who were lost and may we never take our freedom for granted. 

I remember where I was , do you? 

• Like 6

I was not alive when it happened.

Every year a lot of people my age at school make jokes about it rather than think about the lives that were lost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, BrodyNC said:

Every year a lot of people my age at school make jokes about it rather than think about the lives that were lost.

Now I feel old... great song, thanks.

18 years ago.  I was here at work  when the news came in.  Everyone take a moment at 8:46 this morning to remember.

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Now I feel old... great song, thanks.

It was 18 years ago.... 

I was chopping corn in the 2100 that is selling today on AuctionTime bizarrely enough. My brother came out to the field with a truck and told me someone lost control of an airplane and it hit one of the world trade towers. I remember once they figured it was terrorism, everyone was paranoid. It was weird not having airplanes flighting for the couple weeks afterward also. 

On I94 in WI just about to go down Knapp hill on my way to the old Nestle plant in Eau Claire when i caught a blip on the radio. When i got to Nestle some of the workers gathered around my truck as we listened to the events unfolding on the news. 

Next load that day had me ending my day in Fargo,ND. I noticed there were very long lines at the gas stations. I never understood why people were panicked that much about gas?

On my way to Shafertown PA. I bought my used bobcat 325 mini-X that day. I sold it 3 1/2 years ago

I was standing in Jacobi Sales (IH tractors place) buying parts when heard radio in store telling about Twin Towers and airplanes. Ran home and was glued to TV news rest of day. Kinda ghostly not hearing airplanes going over house next couple days as we're  in flight path to airport in Louisville KY.  Never Forget!!!!!😢

I was listening to 'dial a real' on the radio (a call in buy/sell radio program).  someone called in and said the jd should check the news, something big was going on. He said it would wait, dial a deal was too important to interpret with news. Thx-Ace

• Confused 1

9th grade had just gotten in school. 4th row second seat. A guy who late came in said that a plane hit the wtc the internet was dial-up the teacher looked up online what had happened, it was slow with multiple computers on one dial up line...a few of us more creative types found a coat hanger to make. A antenna. Watched the second plane and the towers fall on live TV. The whole highshcool of 100ish had gathered into that room... The images of that day are burnt into my brain...

Spent the rest of the day in silence watching the news on repeat...

I was only 3 years old in preschool. My dad remembers it as he was at a horse show in Kansas when the news was announced 

Sophmore or junior in high school. Really cant remember how we found out or what class i was even in but i could walk you to the room and set in the chair i was in. We had a overhead TV in the corner that we turned on and just sat there. School had stopped....  I dont remember leaving that room until the end of the day. Actually i think we got early because i remember everyone getting gas like they werent going to be selling it any longer. What a sad day

1 hour ago, BrodyNC said:

What a shame. I cant even begin to imagine what is there to even joke about. And i tend to make light of about anything. 

• Sad 1

We were pouring concrete for a grain bin that morning, the bin builder actually brought a small TV with him and built a little box around it, so we could actually see the screen, we formed and poured all while being glued to the TV! I also remember no planes flying, and no commercials on TV for hours that day!

Let's roll

• Like 2

having morning coffee till I got the call from a shooting buddy that works customs at the Blue Water Bridge.

all he said was ''we are  under attack and asked me to do ''over watch'' on the under side till law enforcement arrived.

my heart still sinks just thinking about it.

Mike

I remember the short lived unity it brought.   :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was in Houston scheduled to fly a trip to LaGuardia later in the morning. The other pilot called my room and said "Quick, turn on the TV, some idiot just hit the World Trade Center". Having already checked the weather I knew it was severe clear in New York and was wondering how someone hit the tower. I turned the TV on in time to see the second one hit. The other pilot, still on the line, said "We're not going anywhere today."........

I was getting ready to fly back to Alaska, walked up stairs and mom was sitting in front of the TV, watched it unfold, and waited nearly a week to get a plane ride home

interesting fact, here in Alaska moose hunting is in September, guys were dropped off in the wild and then all the planes stopped flying, more that a little crazy waiting for planes and wondering.  I think they were allowed to fly To get people before the whole ban was lifted

And listen to this, when my wife called me at work and told me the "World Trade Center" was hit by a plane, I didn`t even know what the WTC was!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

l can still remember where l was and what l was doing during 3 major events. The JFK assassination, the moon landing and 9-11. What really made nervous was after all planes were grounded, the only thing flying here was the F-16's flying cover over Dyess AFB. And here in west Texas and eastern New Mexico, all crude oil, propane and fuel tanker trucks were parked and guarded for several days.

I will never forget that morning.  I was just out of college that year.  Working on a project in the shop.  One thing I won’t forget about the days following was the conspicuous absence of air traffic.

We had more air traffic afterwards it seemed all that could just be because we noticed it more. We are more away from bigger metropolitan areas so we think that it was a little more over us than normal. On September 9th we had a birthday party going away party for my sister-in-law because on the 10th she went down and on the 11th she was in route for basic training in the Navy

I was in US History class at the start of my Junior year. I don't think we saw the first tower fall. I can remember we stayed glued to to TV the rest of the day and didn't leave the class we were in.