oleman

Fuel jugs that actually work

Was at the local farm store today.  Found the solution to our portable refueling issues.

If you reside in a State where these can't be sold they are available in Texas USA.

The universal jug with fittings was 25.99. The flex line and vent assembly was 9.99 the sour cherry balls are 2.59.

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

I like these. Positive fuel start/stop with the (green in pic) push button. When on a fire, pump engines have to be refueled hot. No choice. These make the best of a non-ideal situation. Get 'em from Bomgaars around here.

1055346431_gascan.jpg.123fb349113a6c74ecba59af78bf0114.jpg

I do like the long hose on yours. Could be added to mine. May have to look into it. 

• Like 1

The reason I was looking at a way to transfer fuel was for our GILLIG transit bus.  It has a very unique fuel filler and none of the certified fuel jugs I have would put fuel into without using a funnel with a hose attached then the fuel would not flow from the jug into the funnel without  2 people working together.

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

I like these. Positive fuel start/stop with the (green in pic) push button. When on a fire, pump engines have to be refueled hot. No choice. These make the best of a non-ideal situation. Get 'em from Bomgaars around here.

I do like the long hose on yours. Could be added to mine. May have to look into it. 

Saw them at the black hills stock show. The guy selling was pouring shots with them. They look pretty handy especially compared to most of the crappy ones of today.

Got several of em.  Much better than everything else on the market. 

But that's not a fuel jug.  It is a "utility container."  So don't be putting fuel in it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TN Hillbilly said:

Got several of em.  Much better than everything else on the market. 

But that's not a fuel jug.  It is a "utility container."  So don't be putting fuel in it!

Yea mine said for bird seed ,water and stuff I love it

5 hours ago, TN Hillbilly said:

3 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Yea mine said for bird seed ,water and stuff I love it

*grin*

15 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I picked up one of those at a yard sale recently (I don't get to many yard sales but I was working for he lady who had the sale and bought it ahead of time for a buck or two).  Best one I've ever used.  Incredible how well the button works.  Shuts off right now.

I have been buying Scibner  “utility jugs” from one of the local stores or ordering off amazon.  Same basic style.  

I gave up on the plastic fuel jugs and started buying the metal Justrite fuel cans.  They are an industrial fuel can and when you pull the handle to open the flow, it also vents.  Not cheap though, anywhere from 60-90 bucks depending on where you get them.

16 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I like these they sell them at ACE Hardware. Start and stop pronto!!

16 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Have a couple of those, they are the cats pajamas for anything smaller than the can you are filling with. If you drill the ears by the button you can slide a pin through to hold the button open for the big jobs. 

The racing fuel containers are pretty slick for bigger fill ups or hard to reach  filler necks. Be careful not to open the vent too far though 

use my old Blitz cans. government ran them out of business years ago. cant find spouts for them. tried several different replacements but threads are different. hate using can rather use the 100 transfer tank on pickup but sometimes. takes alot of years to payout a $25 can

On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, sandhiller said:

They'd be pretty good jugs even if the government hadn't required spillproof jugs. Feels like fueling a race car.

Ive got them EZpours on every [4] can for fueling irritation reels.  Yes the threads are of a tick on Blitz but do work fine.....

I only fuel the reels with water as well....😎🤫

On 9/11/2019 at 5:57 AM, M35A2 said:

I gave up on the plastic fuel jugs and started buying the metal Justrite fuel cans.  They are an industrial fuel can and when you pull the handle to open the flow, it also vents.  Not cheap though, anywhere from 60-90 bucks depending on where you get them.

Same here.  I have had too many negative results from plastic.  My brother recently ruined a pair of shoes with a heavy diesel bath after the sliding-type valve on the plastic spout on his can pulled out from its threaded collar.  It was a perfect storm scenario for him, but he said his shoes were literally filled with diesel fuel. 

Our Justrite cans at work are great.  Plus, the Justrite cans are rebuildable.  I found a mint condition, metal John Deere 6-gallon can at an auction for my needs at home.

Rotopax makes great replacement fuel spouts for Blitz and the metal Eagle cans.  You can get the yellow plastic snap in vents off of Ebay to make yourself a useful can from the junk self venting ones!  The plastic spouts are of a better quality than you get a t the hardware store.

https://rotopax.com/fuelspout/

The best fuel can made, sealed up and keeps gas fresh for months.

Screenshot_20190912-220415.png