Sign in to follow this  

Pictures of the chopping crew last week.

Got a friend of mine in a nearby town that I've know since we went to college. My son and I went and helped them chop last week. Started on wednesday and got done about 11 on friday. Went pretty smooth till the last morning. Had a few problems with the chopper. His dad ran the new holland pull type and the MX 180 and a neighbor of theirs had a JD s 3 row self propelled. We had four tractors hauling to the pit most of the time so they never had to set very much at all. Best thing was his wife made dinner for us every day at noon and wednesday and thursday nights there was a little bush lite consumed before we all went home. Nothing like Beef and Noodles for dinner and Bush lite for supper. We took my 7130 and 5288 and he had their 7110 and 7120 there also. We lined them all up after we got done and took a picture or two. Gonna try and post a couple pictures here. The first picture is all the help in front of all the tractors but the 180. The second one is my son and I and the guy we helped with his son and hired man.

Ok that sucks. Little dinky pictures. I will try and get them on here another way.

EDy7AKrWsAA4bwB.jpg

EDzbQ0VWkAEPhjR.jpg

• Like 5

I will try this again with better pictures. First picture was the whole crew without the 180 and the second was all the tractors with my son and I and the guy we helped with his son and hired man.

20190906_114512.jpg

20190906_135056.jpg

• Like 6

Nice line up, including what looks like an R model mack in the backround.

• Thanks 1

Nice pics

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Nice line up, including what looks like an R model mack in the backround.

Yep, I even told Mike it was IH colors.

I have a video of that 180 barking through the field on the chopper but I dont know how to upload them to the site.

9 hours ago, 1967806 said:

I have a video of that 180 barking through the field on the chopper but I dont know how to upload them to the site.

Upload the video to youtube then link it to here.

1 minute ago, Gearclash said:

Upload the video to youtube then link it to here.

Yep, thats what I will do when I get a chance. I have a bunch of small clips. Some of them went on twitter.

It makes for a lot less work when you get together with the neighbor and combine forces. We have been doing that for 25 plus years kind of a modern day threshing crew ,but not nearly as hard of work.

Nice! Wish my old boss ran IH's and boxcar magnums. Woulda been much more instead of spending all those hours in the jd soundguards. That muffler and air cleaner placement was so annoying!

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

Nice! Wish my old boss ran IH's and boxcar magnums. Woulda been much more instead of spending all those hours in the jd soundguards. That muffler and air cleaner placement was so annoying!

Yea, but it lined up with the door jamb. I never minded it much. Never figured it was any different than the exhaust stack out the hood of any other tractor.

I always noticed it. I did like the jd 40,50,and 55 series tractors. I always liked running quads. All that said i would take an 88 series any day.