bitty

New project (with pictures)

Nice find. See, told ya a 3 point is handy🤣🤣!

Rick

• Haha 2

I have some questions about the hydraulics. What is the psi and flow of the remotes? Where is the relief valve located? It is open center hydraulics correct? We will probably put a new valve on it for 4 remotes for pulling the roller is why I am asking

Maybe this is a silly question but will the rear tires on the tractor get close to the drive tires on the drill?  I know the 3pt is behind the tires but it almost looks like the drive tires on the drill are a little narrow for it. 

8 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Maybe this is a silly question but will the rear tires on the tractor get close to the drive tires on the drill?  I know the 3pt is behind the tires but it almost looks like the drive tires on the drill are a little narrow for it. 

We will run the back with singles to drill. Unless it gets a set of 30.5-32 singles all the way around if they will work width wise. More than likely the MX 230 or the neighbors 5088 MFD might be on the drill and the 4366 on the roller

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, bitty said:

So where do you get a category 3 tool bar or whatever it is called for on the 5200 drill 

IMG_20190910_172109450.jpg

IMG_20190910_172102176_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190910_171746298.jpg

IMG_20190910_171728213.jpg

IMG_20190910_171721462_HDR.jpg

I think I have one.  Will look when I got out this morning.

jerry

• Thanks 1

Nice looking Steiger built IH! 

• Thanks 1

I have one of these old girls too! Kinda like that old shoe you cant to give up on. And pretty much a Deere guy. These are fun old tractors. Turned mine to about 300 hp. She really rolls coal when you pull her hard. Big 20.8 tires on it too. I worked on potato farm where we had 7 4366's and 3 4386's 7 of them were on live bottom wagons. These were fixed really nice. New roof air units, cab kits, door seals, floor mats, AM/FM radios and new seats. 2 were on dirt wagons in the yard and 2 spares. Fun old tractors. I bought the best one $2750 when he moved up to 91 and 9250's on the wagonsIMG_0336.thumb.JPG.160fafdcc1413b42af46570e7a4c199a.JPGIMG_0162.thumb.JPG.f61761c610ed4703caa5a83f1d8d7beb.JPG

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, A-man said:

I have one of these old girls too! Kinda like that old shoe you cant to give up on. And pretty much a Deere guy. These are fun old tractors. Turned mine to about 300 hp. She really rolls coal when you pull her hard. Big 20.8 tires on it too. I worked on potato farm where we had 7 4366's and 3 4386's 7 of them were on live bottom wagons. These were fixed really nice. New roof air units, cab kits, door seals, floor mats, AM/FM radios and new seats. 2 were on dirt wagons in the yard and 2 spares. Fun old tractors. I bought the best one $2750 when he moved up to 91 and 9250's on the wagonsIMG_0336.thumb.JPG.160fafdcc1413b42af46570e7a4c199a.JPGIMG_0162.thumb.JPG.f61761c610ed4703caa5a83f1d8d7beb.JPG

I would love to have bought the next best one at that price. Lol 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, bitty said:

Hudson Falls NY

You’re snooping around in NY1468( Oren) backyard and you didn’t swing up to see me? Or Seth, or Jeff?! 

Just giving you grief! 

45 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

You’re snooping around in NY1468( Oren) backyard and you didn’t swing up to see me? Or Seth, or Jeff?! 

Just giving you grief! 

Tractor was located about 5 miles from me. My dad’s place is only a couple miles from the previous owners and had known them all my life. 

I didn’t see Bitty either so don’t feel slighted Sid.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NY1468 said:

Tractor was located about 5 miles from me. My dad’s place is only a couple miles from the previous owners and had known them all my life. 

50 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Just giving you grief! 

I didn't go to see it, bought it after talking to the owner on the phone. I sent a used drive coupler with the truck driver for Orin as we missed seeing each other at Bloomsburg as he was heading home to work some hay while I was almost there from doing haylage myself. 

I was hoping to see Sid at the show also but that didn't happen either. Hopefully this next summer someone will have a picnic/Meetup for the north east ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bitty said:

I didn't go to see it, bought it after talking to the owner on the phone. I sent a used drive coupler with the truck driver for Orin as we missed seeing each other at Bloomsburg as he was heading home to work some hay while I was almost there from doing haylage myself. 

I was hoping to see Sid at the show also but that didn't happen either. Hopefully this next summer someone will have a picnic/Meetup for the north east ? 

Sounds nice 👍🏻

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bitty said:

I was expecting ChrisNY to be doing something again this year. 

• Like 1

Where is the best place to check for parts like a brake disc and brake pads? The disc is warped we could always make one I guess. 

We used it some today 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitty said:

We used it some today 

Cool 😎, but where’s the snow? I was in Connecticut today and they were chopping off 4th cutting 😳☹️

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Cool 😎, but where’s the snow? I was in Connecticut today and they were chopping off 4th cutting 😳☹️

I don't want any snow until after the 15th of December, or until the pit is empty. Custom hauler hasn't been anywhere before here for the most part. Everyone just got done chopping corn recently

On 9/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, bitty said:

Hudson Falls NY

And you did not look any of us in the area up?

You had to have been within tractor driving distance of Orin’s place at the least!

On 9/8/2019 at 3:36 PM, bitty said:

No worries I hear they are going camping with their wife instead ;)

Heck, I would have dragged Sid down so that you could harass him in person!  (And say hello to you!)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ihfan4life said:

Just giving you grief! 

On 9/17/2019 at 7:47 PM, NY1468 said:

On 9/17/2019 at 7:53 PM, bitty said:

Okay, now that I have gotten to page #2 I see that you fellers already hashed out meeting up.

I am game!!

11 hours ago, bitty said:

I don't want any snow until after the 15th of December, or until the pit is empty. Custom hauler hasn't been anywhere before here for the most part. Everyone just got done chopping corn recently

The manure nazis have been checking in ( harassing) the farmers here. Can’t spread on snow, but what are you supposed to do when you’re just finished up with your corn and now it’s snowed and you need to get your poop spread. 

One farmer argued that it was 90% rain water from all the rain this year and it was no different than “storm water “ released from the municipalities. 

The nazis had no answer, but said IF you spread you need to immediately incorporate it.  

Funny, municipalities just release it in the streams, how are they incorporated it🤔🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

The manure nazis have been checking in ( harassing) the farmers here. Can’t spread on snow, but what are you supposed to do when you’re just finished up with your corn and now it’s snowed and you need to get your poop spread. 

One farmer argued that it was 90% rain water from all the rain this year and it was no different than “storm water “ released from the municipalities. 

The nazis had no answer, but said IF you spread you need to immediately incorporate it.  

Funny, municipalities just release it in the streams, how are they incorporated it🤔🙄

Sid,

The accepted municipal answer is “Dilution is the pollution solution”!!

Just now, 1586 Jeff said:

Sid,

The accepted municipal answer is “Dilution is the pollution solution”!!

Yup. Except for farmers.

I was told there’s a sign hanging on the wall of our State department of Agriculture;

”Agriculture is 20% of the problem and 80% of the solution”

• Sad 1

No computer, no B.S. and just raw power.

And most guys can keep it running.

Why not have one of these?

Cheaper than a new one, by far.

• Like 1