Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

LED light? for the Combine

Last year it seemed I harvested more soybeans after dark than in the daylight. Later in the year it just takes a while for the dew to dry off and then go as late as you can in the evening. Looks like we have a few weeks of waiting yet. 

I've been thinking about putting  a few LED's on the front of the TR86. It has 2 4x6 rectangular lights in the center at the top of the cab. They are road and field lights, thought I'd leave them be. It also has 2  round sealed beams on each side which are now 4406 halogen floods. At the bottom of the cab it has 2 round lights near the feeder house. The book calls for 4411's there .    

So should I go to Trapezoid or flood LED's Or a combo? Seems to me on a combine the floods are what you need to spread the light a little farther out. 

• Like 1

I like trapezoids better, more distance. A mix is good too. Larsen lights makes kits to swap over. Good lights not cheap junk. Big difference in different lights too

I have sold a ton of leds.  The most commented thing other than brightness is there is little to no dust reflection.  I'm having na LED light sale on my website.  going for the month of Sept on leds.

Mike

• Like 1

Yes Mike has good lights and can hook you up with what will work. 

I put some on a TR plot machine several years ago. We ran a lot at night. I replaced the ones on bottom corners of cab and 2 of the 4 across the top (I read where you have two). The last one I did was the light on the auger. Basically everything that came on with the first click of the light switch. It made a big difference and also kept us from burning nearly as many relays up down there beside the seat. Just my 2 cents. I’ve got Mikes light on my 686. They are high quality and very bright. 

My combine has 6 lights on top, the 2 rectangular ones and 4 round floods. And 2 bottom by the feeder house are 4411's. So 8 total. 

9 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

My combine has 6 lights on top, the 2 rectangular ones and 4 round floods. And 2 bottom by the feeder house are 4411's. So 8 total. 

That sounds right, been several ago now. I know I did two up top and two at bottom of the cab. They were the “driving lights” I would assume since they came on with the first click of the headlight switch.  Still had the field lights for extra but we had a lot of voltage/relay problems since we had all sorts of electronics on them and the LEDs helped fix that problem. Harvesting plots in the middle of the night, taking visual scores on the computer at the same time, lights start going out......not good

Agree...call mike.  Ive gotten several over the years.  Kawell on Amazon were reaaaly nice.  Now junk....ones ftom a guy like mike are for sure higher quality imo.  Brighter too.  Never thought of the dust shine but totally true!  It seems like alot of times the cheapies hsve hotten little better an mid rsnge worse q wise.  Mike etc aint cheap but worth it

I've got a couple mounted on my pickup as "fog lights" that came out of stillwater mine on the Toyota they are 4 cell and the size of a half dollar... They are blinding....asked where to get more...but custom made for the mine...ive got to get better lights from now on...