Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

Redneck fly killer

Flies are real bad on cattle right now, waiting for the first hard freeze. They are even bad in the firehall. Since we are having our annual vol. fire dept. smoker tonight, we engaged our local mechanic/member to help rid  the little vermin. He brung his machine over and assured us as long as he used the proper spec aluminum foil it was all up to code.🙄 He also uses Avgas in his "smoke generator" so we knew we were dealing with a true professional!  Did it work? The inside of the firehall looked the Willie Nelson tour bus. 😄😂🤣

423957737_redneckflykiller2.thumb.jpg.26ea6522ec5b8dc57f5b87bdeb3a5f2f.jpgHe 

2032014383_redneckflykiller.thumb.jpg.451300b1402122da209ac8516664b1ea.jpg

39 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Flies are real bad on cattle right now, waiting for the first hard freeze. They are even bad in the firehall. Since we are having our annual vol. fire dept. smoker tonight, we engaged our local mechanic/member to help rid  the little vermin. He brung his machine over and assured us as long as he used the proper spec aluminum foil it was all up to code.🙄 He also uses Avgas in his "smoke generator" so we knew we were dealing with a true professional!  Did it work? The inside of the firehall looked the Willie Nelson tour bus. 😄😂🤣

423957737_redneckflykiller2.thumb.jpg.26ea6522ec5b8dc57f5b87bdeb3a5f2f.jpgHe 

2032014383_redneckflykiller.thumb.jpg.451300b1402122da209ac8516664b1ea.jpg

In my wild youth we would take a worn brigg motor feed it as much oil in the intake as we could and smoke the yard, the trick was not to drown it with, killed the skeeter for a bit...

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

The inside of the firehall looked the Willie Nelson tour bus. 😄😂🤣

So you won’t see the flies or skeeters for your event that way? 😁

• Haha 1

Not redneck at all local guy was doing that with new Chonda engines with a fan and and flex hose. Gassing gophers and ground squirrels in organic acres. I think the price was over $500 for his.  😵🤣 I don't what happened but his product was in at least a regional if not a nation wide magazine add and company was in Idaho I think. Probably not legal to own one here now, since Fruits and Nuts all things carbon neutral by the end of the day.  

We've got one of those redneck electric tennis racquet fly swatters.

Yeah, I've decarbonized before.

My grandfather had a device on his push mower from a popular mechanics magazine. It was a tank on the handle bar with a tube that ran to the exhaust, had a little value on it. He had some military surplus DDT, he would walk around mowing in a cloud...no skeeters outside. 

Of course grandma smoked 6 packs a day till 1990' so there weren't any bugs around her either...maybe in the light of comparison the DDT wasn't that bad:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

My grandfather had a device on his push mower from a popular mechanics magazine. It was a tank on the handle bar with a tube that ran to the exhaust, had a little value on it. He had some military surplus DDT, he would walk around mowing in a cloud...no skeeters outside. 

Of course grandma smoked 6 packs a day till 1990' so there weren't any bugs around her either...maybe in the light of comparison the DDT wasn't that bad:ph34r:

It all is starting to make sense now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those redneck Bug-A-Salt rifles are a lot of fun too.

I think there were very few flies on cattle this year here.