Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehammer

Local plow day pics

Well....there just wasn’t much red at the local plow day today. Here are some pictures anyhow. More Oliver’s than anything.  A few Deere’s and some other stuff. The day was spectacular. Nice temps, light breeze, ground was about as perfect as could be.  

Only red one was this 9170 pulling a white 8btm plow

26FE9B27-32E4-4235-B208-9CFC0755CD4B.jpeg

960481EA-5846-45F6-88E8-2749F123DC20.jpeg

E40FEEBE-1760-4940-9646-E4F02E94030C.jpeg

D2B68225-6AE3-49D2-9C7A-B9EF30ECAA06.jpeg

C945B86F-9899-4B84-93D2-0A7B3B3F4B7D.jpeg

0A322A19-1B3E-4140-BD0B-FC91F4EF3AF7.jpeg

775888B9-935B-4622-9336-2483D443D6A5.jpeg

E3E760FA-D662-45E5-9BE8-8C59B1229F4C.jpeg

3EBDD40F-D451-4670-A9FB-B847F5BABBE0.jpeg

2D5DCE30-08A4-444A-B5C8-479C634A2D47.jpeg

• Like 3

Now that is how to have a plow day. Much better than a field of Johnny poppers, H’s and M’s. Rolling dirt and rolling coal!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

Now that is how to have a plow day. Much better than a field of Johnny poppers, H’s and M’s. Rolling dirt and rolling coal!

There were different areas for larger and smaller tractors. There was one G, 820, and 830. They had their place and time I suppose but I can’t stand that droning sound to be honest. There were 3 Detroit powered Oliver’s there so we had other noise also. A buddy tried to get me to go with the 686 and use his JD plow but I didn’t want to go un-tested.  Another buddy on here offered me a plow to borrow but I would have wanted to keep it so I didn’t go get it.  Several of these tractors pull at local fairs. One of them pulled and plowed at Rantoul. This plowed MUCH easier and we have about 65% more clay than up there in the black dirt. 

14 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

There was one G, 820, and 830. They had their place and time I suppose but I can’t stand that droning sound to be honest.

SAME HERE.  I'd rather put a 5 gallon bucket over my head and have somebody beat it up with a baseball bat that listen to them stinkin' 2 cylinder Deere's.  

The Detroit's in the Oliver's are noisy but it's not the skull splitting noise of the Deere's.  The few times I drove Detroit powered semi's by the time I got out of Chicago on the way back to Davenport, all that racket was making me tired. Never had that problem in Cummins powered trucks.

• Like 2

Just now, DOCTOR EVIL said:

SAME HERE.  I'd rather put a 5 gallon bucket over my head and have somebody beat it up with a baseball bat that listen to them stinkin' 2 cylinder Deere's.  

The Detroit's in the Oliver's are noisy but it's not the skull splitting noise of the Deere's.  The few times I drove Detroit powered semi's by the time I got out of Chicago on the way back to Davenport, all that racket was making me tired. Never had that problem in Cummins powered trucks.

X2 not a fan of 2 bangers and would rather listen to the detroits

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

CNY Two Cylinder club holds a plow day. A few years ago they invited a horse team and it was a hit. They've also been complaining about dwindling participation. My uncle suggested maybe having it be an all-color event, and the old salts shut that idea down right quick... Reap what you sow I guess.

17 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Feel like I'm in good company as I loathe poppers too!

Seems strange that Red wasn't better represented.

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

CNY Two Cylinder club holds a plow day. A few years ago they invited a horse team and it was a hit. They've also been complaining about dwindling participation. My uncle suggested maybe having it be an all-color event, and the old salts shut that idea down right quick... Reap what you sow I guess.

An all Deere plow day....that will make your ears bleed...must not want to be shown up...

• Like 2