Sign in to follow this  
Wi Ih

Caseih commercial

The Magnum was full powershift. I was never in one of those Cases but they were only a partial power shift correct?

6 minutes ago, bitty said:

The Magnum was full powershift. I was never in one of those Cases but they were only a partial power shift correct?

Yeah, you're correct. If i remember correctly there was a range lever and the PS lever for the gears. Kinda like the Maxxums.

23 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

I was watching TV and there was a caseih commercial about how farmers work at Case IH and in the shop they have IH flag and a caseih flag hanging but not a case flag, just interesting that they don’t promote that heritage.

So, back to the original topic, the commercial.

The first time I saw it I had to chuckle. 

I had talked with our local dealer about an open parts position. Not an official interview, just asking about the position. Direct quote from the parts manager

"We don't really like hiring farmers, they are always busy when we want them here"

So how does that fit in?

23 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

I was watching TV and there was a caseih commercial about how farmers work at Case IH and in the shop they have IH flag and a caseih flag hanging but not a case flag, just interesting that they don’t promote that heritage.

The Case brand still exists in the construction bussines.

DSC_1949.JPG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bitty said:

35 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Yeah, you're correct. If i remember correctly there was a range lever and the PS lever for the gears. Kinda like the Maxxums.

The case 94 and 96 series tractors only had 12 speed transmissions, 4 ranges three power shifts and the powershift had reverse.

The 33 and 3594 tractors that come out in 87 had 24 speed transmissions, four ranges with six power shifts and reverse on the powershift. 

Here are some pictures from the 86 and 87 buyers guides 

A806A006-AE4A-43FA-B070-374EA5A5BADF.jpeg

4D97D375-BB52-48C2-A7F3-6FD507A0C6A6.jpeg

A025EACD-22E5-4373-A2D0-FA67539802CF.jpeg

A4B7CF33-A18B-47B1-B4E2-20BC3B330A2B.jpeg

6 hours ago, bitty said:

So IH was how much larger than Case at the time that Tennico bought them? OBVIOUSLY IH had much to bring the the table for Tennico's  success in the AG machinery business otherwise they would have let them disappear . 

Who own Ford ag division all the years (the ones that made the 8N toys) ? Was it always Ford? No they were bought out by at least New Holland ?

Now the company that made the 8N is currently Fiat ;)

As to proof on the powershift being an International design it's pretty obvious when you look at what Danny Anderson @DirtBoyz07 did with his 5388 recreation of the IH designed tractor. And it wouldn't make any sense why Case as you claim after Tennico bought International would take and add an International logo to every casting in the early Magnums ..... been a heck of a lot of work to put some false history out there

Then there is the 5X88 out there with the factory equipped Magnum door in ND? (I forget the location) 

Yep, I knew about the New Holland Ford deal. I remember when it was announced that Ford was selling out the AG stuff to New Holland. Isn't a big deal to me. 

OK I just asked. All I have seen before is you folks on here making claims that it was an IH design. An to be honest you guys (not you in particular) are the ones who were trying to claim the quad track design to be a CaseIH innovation.

6 hours ago, acem said:

Most people  don't know or care about the history. They just want their equipment to do its job and  make a  little profit. Thx-Ace

True.

5 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

On the plant tour in Racine during 2016 red power round up in transmission department the tour guide said that this was the International’s transmission from before the merger and back to original post why is the no eagle in advertising?

OK. That's the kind of info I'm looking for.

5 hours ago, hillman said:

no use trying to enlighten the tanker, ever heard of the phrase "Singing to the choir"? he likes disagreeing with the choir

What he doesn't acknowledge is this is Red Power - a forum and magazine for IH enthusiasts - its not Case Power or Orange Power- I am not aware of either of those options and I doubt they would be successful. I buy a fair number of old tractors and completely stay away from orange due to experience of poor sales and interest in them

as far as Fait ownership- whats the difference? they are owned by share holders just like IH was- there is/ was a different management team ---- probably mostly American

Please oh please Tanker just don't quote me.....everyone gets tired of your persistence

I wasn't disagreeing with anyone. I ask an honest question and also pointed out that there is little if any of IH heritage left in current designs.  

True that people own shares of CaseIH. But, Case IH is owned by CNH Industrial, which in turn is financially controlled by the Italian investment company Exor, which belongs to the Agnelli family. That makes it FIAT.

2 hours ago, 1967806 said:

Just to make it clear are you talking about the red painted 2394 and and so forth models availiable before the Magnums hit the dealers? If so than yes, that would be the old Case RPS transmission. But the magnum transmission was a totally different design based off what IH was running in the 50 series.

Did IH actually market a power shift on a AG tractor when they closed the doors?

Rick

1 hour ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

The case 94 and 96 series tractors only had 12 speed transmissions, 4 ranges three power shifts and the powershift had reverse.

The 33 and 3594 tractors that come out in 87 had 24 speed transmissions, four ranges with six power shifts and reverse on the powershift. 

Here are some pictures from the 86 and 87 buyers guides 

A806A006-AE4A-43FA-B070-374EA5A5BADF.jpeg

4D97D375-BB52-48C2-A7F3-6FD507A0C6A6.jpeg

A025EACD-22E5-4373-A2D0-FA67539802CF.jpeg

A4B7CF33-A18B-47B1-B4E2-20BC3B330A2B.jpeg

My brother had a 1985 Case 2394 (white not red) with the 24 speed powershift with the 6 reverse.  Total piece of junk!  Shifted jerky and you wanted to stay clear when it was in reverse.  It didn't always stop.  When the tranny crapped out the first time it cost him almost as much as the tractor did new to fix it.  Second time we never saw it again.  Good riddance!!!  It was those tractors that CIH had fire sale on after the merger.  He wished he would have gotten a 5288 for the same money.

jerry

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, amsashooter said:

So, back to the original topic, the commercial.

The first time I saw it I had to chuckle. 

I had talked with our local dealer about an open parts position. Not an official interview, just asking about the position. Direct quote from the parts manager

"We don't really like hiring farmers, they are always busy when we want them here"

So how does that fit in?

Funny , I heard that same comment at the diesel shop when I answered their radio ad......I got the job anyway

2 hours ago, oldtanker said:

and also pointed out that there is little if any of IH heritage left in current designs.  

True that people own shares of CaseIH. But, Case IH is owned by CNH Industrial, which in turn is financially controlled by the Italian investment company Exor, which belongs to the Agnelli family. That makes it FIAT.

Did IH actually market a power shift on a AG tractor when they closed the doors?

Rick

#1 its been 34 years the lineup would NOT contain much from 1985 if IH continued on their own. not much  remains from 1985 in the General Motors line either  not even the iconic SBC ! that's normal evolution isn't it.     Its imaginable for me to see the current lineup of CaseIH to be the same even if IH wasn't bought by Tenneco but I cannot envision Case with this lineup without IH and the merger. Sorry just cannot ! I don't mean to insult any Case guys as I do understand brand loyalty

#2 does the Agnelli family own 51% or more ?

#3 IH had the hydros which NO one else had. maybe they should have abandoned it sooner because not everyone warmed up to them and I am even surprised they are still in use but a lot of guys like them still  ! they are a very good tractor and better than the powershifts of that era

OP -

AGCO owns many tradenames = Massey,White,Allis, Oliver etc ….. soon  after they bought Massey they dropped Allis to focus on the name with the biggest recognition in their fleet. Allis guys were not happy but I believe they made the right decision! Tenneco did not get the "INTERNATIONAL " name permanently but I feel it was a mistake. IH was an enormous company with many more products than Case. Case was in trouble in the early sixties when Tenneco bailed them out. They soon were only building tractors . By 1985 their products were needing improvements and the market was not there to do it AND  develop a full line of equipment. Case brought very little to the merger and only a few years into it their presence was almost gone.

So IMHO celebrating the more significant heritage is smart business. I also believe that even if all the red equipment must bear CaseIH the combines should be sold as International Harvester like the commemorative series https://www.grainews.ca/2018/08/31/case-ih-introduces-the-250-series-combines/   since the Case following had little combine heritage to cling to

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bitty said:

So IH was how much larger than Case at the time that Tennico bought them? OBVIOUSLY IH had much to bring the the table for Tennico's  success in the AG machinery business otherwise they would have let them disappear . 

Who own Ford ag division all the years (the ones that made the 8N toys) ? Was it always Ford? No they were bought out by at least New Holland ?

Now the company that made the 8N is currently Fiat ;)

As to proof on the powershift being an International design it's pretty obvious when you look at what Danny Anderson @DirtBoyz07 did with his 5388 recreation of the IH designed tractor. And it wouldn't make any sense why Case as you claim after Tennico bought International would take and add an International logo to every casting in the early Magnums ..... been a heck of a lot of work to put some false history out there

Then there is the 5X88 out there with the factory equipped Magnum door in ND? (I forget the location) 

He is just trolling Tim.  Stop replying to him and he'll go away.  Like a bee...ignore and they fly off.  Swat at and fret they start stinging.  His ignorance of a 100% nonone questions well documented issue (IH and magnum trans) shows his only reason to be on this page.  Troll and stir....

Back to reg programming 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Now another question. You have proof, physical evidence that the later power shift was an IH design? I've been seeing that claim for a few years but I've never seen anything to back that up.

Look at a cutaway of the 50 series trans and a magnum trans and it will be very obvious IH started the design that ended up in the magnums. Case IH also went foreward with the axial flow combines that IH already had and they also went foreward with the Early Riser planter that IH already had. So as far as Im concerned there wasnt many case ideas carried foreward. Another thing I have found is there are alot more discontinued NLA parts for the old case tractors than the IH ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hillman said:

. IH was an enormous company with many more products than Case. Case was in trouble in the early sixties when Tenneco bailed them out. They soon were only building tractors . By 1985 their products were needing improvements and the market was not there to do it AND  develop a full line of equipment. Case brought very little to the merger and only a few years into it their presence was almost gone.

Case brought a lot to the merger and it was in the form of construction machinery which seems to be ignored by the IH community probably because is construction and its something IH failed at.  People forget Case really was a construction machinery company that made farm tractors on the side.  Far back as the mid 60s is when their construction sales out grossed their Ag sales which is why Case eventually dropped everything on the Ag side except the tractors.  Case is still around today.  Maybe what ticks die hard IH guys off is they put "Case" on the Ag machinery but not "International" on the construction machinery. 

The ih equipment seemed to dominate the row crop portion of caseih butIf you look closely at the Maxum tractors they appear to be strongly influenced by the case mid sized tractors. For a while ih equipment influenced the hay and forage side but that is gone since the nh merger.

I'm just glad we still have good dealer support.

Thx-Ace

Tennaco did not buy the  ih construction divesion. Dresser bought it out. I believe they are still made in Poland. Thx-Ace

15 minutes ago, acem said:

For a while ih equipment influenced the hay and forage side but that is gone since the nh merger.

I thought post merger IH hay equipment disappeared and CIH hay machinery became rebadged Hesston machinery. 

41 minutes ago, acem said:

Tennaco did not buy the  ih construction divesion. Dresser bought it out. I believe they are still made in Poland. Thx-Ace

They are called Dressta now, still made in Poland I believe. I have a 1998 TD-9H, all the bolts and hydraulics are U.S. threads. The engine, made in the U.S. by Cummins is all Metric threads. Well built and good performance, owned it since 2003.100_8060.thumb.JPG.7d5b4415b50d6b1bab44cca3e4513135.JPG

2 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

I thought post merger IH hay equipment disappeared and CIH hay machinery became rebadged Hesston machinery. 

Some of the haying division stuff was sold to Avco/New Idea such as the balanced head mowers.  We were also a New Idea dealer and the their parts books were just IH copies except they added an "H" to the front of the IH part number. And in turn CaseIH bought some of their haying equipment from New Idea such as balers and disc mowers. CIH just added "ZA" to the front of the New Idea part number. When stocking parts I would check prices from both NI and CIH. Most of the time NI was less on major items. At one time the mower knife drive pivot was about 100.00 less from NI.  The CIH 3206 and NI 526 were the same disc mower for example.

19 hours ago, hillman said:

#1 its been 34 years the lineup would NOT contain much from 1985 if IH continued on their own. not much  remains from 1985 in the General Motors line either  not even the iconic SBC ! that's normal evolution isn't it.     Its imaginable for me to see the current lineup of CaseIH to be the same even if IH wasn't bought by Tenneco but I cannot envision Case with this lineup without IH and the merger. Sorry just cannot ! I don't mean to insult any Case guys as I do understand brand loyalty

#2 does the Agnelli family own 51% or more ?

#3 IH had the hydros which NO one else had. maybe they should have abandoned it sooner because not everyone warmed up to them and I am even surprised they are still in use but a lot of guys like them still  ! they are a very good tractor and better than the powershifts of that era

OP -

AGCO owns many tradenames = Massey,White,Allis, Oliver etc ….. soon  after they bought Massey they dropped Allis to focus on the name with the biggest recognition in their fleet. Allis guys were not happy but I believe they made the right decision! Tenneco did not get the "INTERNATIONAL " name permanently but I feel it was a mistake. IH was an enormous company with many more products than Case. Case was in trouble in the early sixties when Tenneco bailed them out. They soon were only building tractors . By 1985 their products were needing improvements and the market was not there to do it AND  develop a full line of equipment. Case brought very little to the merger and only a few years into it their presence was almost gone.

So IMHO celebrating the more significant heritage is smart business. I also believe that even if all the red equipment must bear CaseIH the combines should be sold as International Harvester like the commemorative series https://www.grainews.ca/2018/08/31/case-ih-introduces-the-250-series-combines/   since the Case following had little combine heritage to cling to

Had it stayed IH you could claim heritage. But it was bought up twice. Sorry other than the CaseIH badge there is no heritage.

Seems that when Tenneco bought out IH yea Case wasn't selling much, no one was, why do you think IH failed? Cause of robust sales? I don't much care for Case. 

Looks like they own about 28.98% but control the vote on 41% of CaseIH. 

Is it smart business? As someone else pointed out most younger guys don't even remember either IH or Case as stand alone companies. Someone else said all people want to do is use equipment to try to make a little money. To be honest? I go more by how a company treats me than by color. CaseIH and JD hove both been good except for one JD dealership. Never had a problem with RDO JD, just Midwest Machinery JD has left a lot to be desired. Big problem has been with AGCO in this area. And the corporate attitude when I tried to let em know how it's dealer here was treating customers was "so what". Ain't no wonder you don't see any AGCO stuff here.

When I see tons of those combines out there I'll either figure that the dealers/CaseIH either had one heck of a sale or that in fact people were just at the point they were going to trade anyway and were going to buy CaseIH no matter what or......people were willing to spend half a million dollars just to own one🤣.

Now you seem to love to take me to task over the Fords. 1: I never said that the N was a better tractor than the H or M. I said that today it's more usable than an M only because there are a lack of implements for the M. Today that makes them better for the small operator or hobbyist.  2: I said that the 3 point is the saving grace of the N. Without the 3 point it would be completely useless. 3: Yes I did say the N's outsold the H because they did. 

Look I'm not against CaseIH. I do resent it when they try to frost something off on me claiming a heritage that's weak at best.

Kinda funny but just west of me in the Valley area JD is the predominate brand. Few years back it was funny to see these "everything is green" guys buying CaseIH axle flow bines like mad! Lot of em still have red bines they try very hard to hide.

Rick 

On 9/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, Big Bud guy said:

Don't worry.  There are die hard Case guys who can't stand that red crap either. 

Difference is their not on an International Harvester lovers site saying that and drglinski is not a case lovers site saying what he said. Im an IH purest too.