Sign in to follow this  
Wi Ih

Caseih commercial

I was watching TV and there was a caseih commercial about how farmers work at Case IH and in the shop they have IH flag and a caseih flag hanging but not a case flag, just interesting that they don’t promote that heritage.

Slightly off topic but I can’t stand all these millennials calling CaseIH “Case” like the IH isn’t even there. Not much Case left in any equipment these days. I guess they don’t  even know the IH story?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cool1566 said:

Slightly off topic but I can’t stand all these millennials calling CaseIH “Case” like the IH isn’t even there. Not much Case left in any equipment these days. I guess they don’t  even know the IH story?

X2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cool1566 said:

X2

Our area blockman in early 90's had been with IH and then CaseIH since 1962. I wish he had written a book. He said the Case people were really cocky and arrogant against the IH side after the tenneco buyout. He attended a company blockman meeting when Case was trying to determine what colors they were going to use corporately. Keeping in mind there were maybe 600-700 Case ag dealers and 4000 plus IH dealers. He said they actually had drawings of the Axial flow combines painted white with orange wheels. All the tillage was also white/orange. The case hierarchy was told they just as well close the doors if thats the colors they would choose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

It isn’t just a millennial thing.  I know plenty 40, 50, 60 year old guys that call anything red today “Case”.  Just the other day I was talking to my cousin about harvest and he kept referring to his combine as a “Case” 8230.  He is 63 years old.  And get this most guys do know the history and most of the lineup post merger consisted of IH machinery.  It’s just that they really don’t care one way or the other about the name unlike some people.

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine was asking me about a        caseIH Tractor.  I asked what size he said it's a 686, 😔.   Told him that's not a caseIH  ITS A INTERNATIONAL.   He said.  That's what the ad called it.  

4 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

X2

HMMMM I call em FIAT. The only "hertiage" at all is the axle flow combine. That's it. Cause the Case guys can claim that CASEIH stated power shift off a case design. In fact the first tractors painted red and called CaseIH were Case/Tenneco designed tractors. So what does it matter in the grand plan what anyone calls it. So really? Getting bent out of shape over what they call a company controlled by FIAT?

Here is the bad part guys. Bunch of you were angry when corn prices tanked. Made it so cheap to buy a boat load of corn from South America if you were unloading near the user that US companies were buying from Brazil along the lower eastern sea board and Gulf coast. That hurt a lot of farmers. OK, CaseIH may have factories here but where does the money go? 

Rick

I am annoyed that ppl assume I’m a Case IH fan (nothing against them) and a Case fan for that matter but I’m IH and that’s it.   I can’t stand that Can’t Afford Something Else garbage and never will.   

• Like 3

Combines and Steigers, can keep the rest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drglinski said:

I am annoyed that ppl assume I’m a Case IH fan (nothing against them) and a Case fan for that matter but I’m IH and that’s it.   I can’t stand that Can’t Afford Something Else garbage and never will.   

Don't worry.  There are die hard Case guys who can't stand that red crap either. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

Me too!

4 hours ago, oldtanker said:

HMMMM I call em FIAT. The only "hertiage" at all is the axle flow combine. That's it. Cause the Case guys can claim that CASEIH stated power shift off a case design. In fact the first tractors painted red and called CaseIH were Case/Tenneco designed tractors. So what does it matter in the grand plan what anyone calls it. So really? Getting bent out of shape over what they call a company controlled by FIAT?

Rick

The power shift in the Magnum was all designed by International engineers except for the shifting control and that was not perfected by Case IH engineering but a company from Japan if I recall. Case had 0% of a hand in the design of that transmission.

In your logic it was all a Tenneco product. Case bought nothing it was Tenneco that bought IH to save the Case company that they had swirling around the drain

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Should be glad the parent companies of today still support 50+ year old farm equipment,  if it's Agco, Deere, Fiat, whatever. I don't really care for the Case name in front of the IH either, especially right after the merger when the Case name was bold, but since 1985 I've got used to it.  I'm not going to walk away from something just because it says Case IH instead of just International.  If people are that hard headed and want to run stuff at the newest 34 year's old more power to you.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bitty said:

The power shift in the Magnum was all designed by International engineers except for the shifting control and that was not perfected by Case IH engineering but a company from Japan if I recall. Case had 0% of a hand in the design of that transmission.

In your logic it was all a Tenneco product. Case bought nothing it was Tenneco that bought IH to save the Case company that they had swirling around the drain

Nope not the way I see it. 1: The first CASEIH power shift was 100% Case/Tenneco. 2: Why on earth would you buy a FAILED company to save yourself? And yes, once ownership changed hands it was Tenneco. The only reason they kept the Case or IH names was the customers. They were simply trying to keep the customer base. You know, the unquestioning blind brand loyalty thing. You see it all the time with the Ford, GM and FIAT errr Chrysler arguments.

Now another question. You have proof, physical evidence that the later power shift was an IH design? I've been seeing that claim for a few years but I've never seen anything to back that up. And just because someone wrote it in a book doesn't make it true. If so Green Eggs and Ham and the Cat in a Hat would be true too.

Rick

11 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Nope not the way I see it. 1: The first CASEIH power shift was 100% Case/Tenneco. 2: Why on earth would you buy a FAILED company to save yourself? And yes, once ownership changed hands it was Tenneco. The only reason they kept the Case or IH names was the customers. They were simply trying to keep the customer base. You know, the unquestioning blind brand loyalty thing. You see it all the time with the Ford, GM and FIAT errr Chrysler arguments.

Now another question. You have proof, physical evidence that the later power shift was an IH design? I've been seeing that claim for a few years but I've never seen anything to back that up. And just because someone wrote it in a book doesn't make it true. If so Green Eggs and Ham and the Cat in a Hat would be true too.

Rick

So IH was how much larger than Case at the time that Tennico bought them? OBVIOUSLY IH had much to bring the the table for Tennico's  success in the AG machinery business otherwise they would have let them disappear . 

Who own Ford ag division all the years (the ones that made the 8N toys) ? Was it always Ford? No they were bought out by at least New Holland ?

Now the company that made the 8N is currently Fiat ;)

As to proof on the powershift being an International design it's pretty obvious when you look at what Danny Anderson @DirtBoyz07 did with his 5388 recreation of the IH designed tractor. And it wouldn't make any sense why Case as you claim after Tennico bought International would take and add an International logo to every casting in the early Magnums ..... been a heck of a lot of work to put some false history out there

Then there is the 5X88 out there with the factory equipped Magnum door in ND? (I forget the location) 

Edited by bitty
  • Like 3

I am a die hard IH guy.

I worked for two original IH dealerships as a mechanic. 

I bleed red, and did so from a 706,. yesterday.

The true IH people are getting as few as Korean war vets.

I did start a Facebook page and amazingly enough, I have about 300+ followers for Chapter 21.

These are mostly the young people who know nothing but Case/IH because of when they were born.

They are a part of the history of IH now and the people are the future of the Red Power's to come.

Red Power 2020 will have an area for Case/IH equipment to be displayed.

I wish International Harvester was still alive and well, by itself.

But it is not so we have to live with the Case/IH thing.

Accept them into the fold as they are the future of IH and Case/IH to come.

• Like 4

Most people  don't know or care about the history. They just want their equipment to do its job and  make a  little profit. Thx-Ace

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bitty said:

On the plant tour in Racine during 2016 red power round up in transmission department the tour guide said that this was the International’s transmission from before the merger and back to original post why is the no eagle in advertising?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bitty said:

So IH was how much larger than Case at the time that Tennico bought them? OBVIOUSLY IH had much to bring the the table for Tennico's  success in the AG machinery business otherwise they would have let them disappear . 

Who own Ford ag division all the years (the ones that made the 8N toys) ? Was it always Ford? No they were bought out by at least New Holland ?

Now the company that made the 8N is currently Fiat ;)

As to proof on the powershift being an International design it's pretty obvious when you look at what Danny Anderson @DirtBoyz07 did with his 5388 recreation of the IH designed tractor. And it wouldn't make any sense why Case as you claim after Tennico bought International would take and add an International logo to every casting in the early Magnums ..... been a heck of a lot of work to put some false history out there

Then there is the 5X88 out there with the factory equipped Magnum door in ND? (I forget the location) 

no use trying to enlighten the tanker, ever heard of the phrase "Singing to the choir"? he likes disagreeing with the choir

What he doesn't acknowledge is this is Red Power - a forum and magazine for IH enthusiasts - its not Case Power or Orange Power- I am not aware of either of those options and I doubt they would be successful. I buy a fair number of old tractors and completely stay away from orange due to experience of poor sales and interest in them

as far as Fait ownership- whats the difference? they are owned by share holders just like IH was- there is/ was a different management team ---- probably mostly American

Please oh please Tanker just don't quote me.....everyone gets tired of your persistence

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Rick

The blockman I mentioned in an earlier post was looking at a Ford Genesis we had in the shop one day. They had a Funk built powershift. I asked him about the magnum powershift. He said Case's intention was to upgrade their powershift design. After some tinkering the best it would do without some sort of failure on the severe test track was 300-400 hours. They then grabbed a mostly complete powershift that was in a 5488. It ran over 2000 hours with no major failure. The decision was made to go with the IH design. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Nope not the way I see it. 1: The first CASEIH power shift was 100% Case/Tenneco.

Just to make it clear are you talking about the red painted 2394 and and so forth models availiable before the Magnums hit the dealers? If so than yes, that would be the old Case RPS transmission. But the magnum transmission was a totally different design based off what IH was running in the 50 series.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 1967806 said:

Just to make it clear are you talking about the red painted 2394 and and so forth models availiable before the Magnums hit the dealers? If so than yes, that would be the old Case RPS transmission. But the magnum transmission was a totally different design based off what IH was running in the 50 series.

x2