Somebody please talk me out of this.

We have found a TD6 in a barn.  With  straight blade.  It looks good, still has the original lights w/ guards and a PTO.  Pads are nearly new, chain looks good, sprocket teeth still rounded, couldn't tell about the rollers.  Does not run, but they said previous owner "pulled it off" and started it 3-4 years ago.  I don't know if you can pull start these or not.  The clutch levers move but have no resistance, like they aren't actually doing anything.

I know you can sink a bunch of time and money in these things, and we're not sitting on a bunch of either.  I'd like a dozer to clean up a little around the place, and I have a soft spot for old red machines.  I think it can be bought for a fair price.   Sorry for no pictures.  What do y'all think?

• Like 1

........you have to pick it up for that sort of money !!!.......If I was nearby I would offer you good dollars for the PTO off it !......If you reckon the chains and sprockets are ok...there is possibly  life in those rollers.......should that be the case ...you are on a winner.....If  , for example, the Diesel engine had puked.....there must be plenty of  W6/Farmall M   engines    that fit right in to it......(I have a petrol T6....)......Given the cheap gas you blokes have over in the US .......for a bit of "jobbing " around the farm...petrol   engine would be no worries......

Just my thoughts

Mike

I think you can come out by sell undercarriage parts if you get in a bind. But the linkage and mags can be pain for for starting them if you are not familiar with the process. My friend is as much of a expert on gas start crawlers and has been most of the day starting one if the linkage gets rusted. But if you are not afraid to learning new things you do it all yourself. The same with the steering clutches time but not that big of money most times. So if you have projects probably a good deal. If they don't have the books, they 30 to 40 bucks from Binder Books. Bought one for SIL last Christmas, the service manual covered TD 6,9,14,and 18. 

If the UC is that good you will get your money back easily and still be left with a-lot of parts, if it came down to that. 

• 5 months later...

I am sorry, Buddy, I just saw your response.  Right after this we ran up on a great deal on a JD 450E dozer and bought it.  I delivered some hay to the lady with the TD6 Saturday.  Its still there and still for sale.  It looks good.  I think her brother bought it at auction with an older restoration on it.  If you are still around and still interested, I will put you in touch with the owner.  After looking at it Saturday, I do not think the steering clutches are stuck.  If we hadn't bought the much more modern JD450, I would buy this machine.  If you or anyone else makes a deal, I can bring a tractor down there and help load.  The machine is located one hour north of Knoxville TN.  Or one hour southwest of Jonesville VA.

On 3/8/2020 at 5:30 PM, TN Hillbilly said:

I am sorry, Buddy, I just saw your response.  Right after this we ran up on a great deal on a JD 450E dozer and bought it.  I delivered some hay to the lady with the TD6 Saturday.  Its still there and still for sale.  It looks good.  I think her brother bought it at auction with an older restoration on it.  If you are still around and still interested, I will put you in touch with the owner.  After looking at it Saturday, I do not think the steering clutches are stuck.  If we hadn't bought the much more modern JD450, I would buy this machine.  If you or anyone else makes a deal, I can bring a tractor down there and help load.  The machine is located one hour north of Knoxville TN.  Or one hour southwest of Jonesville VA.

PHOTO PLEASE!  I will pay for expenses for decent side view photos showing the hydraulics, push beams, blade connections. Thank you.

From a farm! Prolly a tool bar ag machine!  MOST UNCOMMON IH crawler option ever!

post-1204-127660384105.jpg

ihtb.jpg

No tool bar, it has a blade, maybe a manual angle blade.  It has not been on that farm forever, it looks like it came through an auction at one time.  But it is a good straight old machine.  I will see if I can get back out there to get pictures.  What specifically are you looking for?

1 hour ago, TN Hillbilly said:

No tool bar, it has a blade, maybe a manual angle blade.  It has not been on that farm forever, it looks like it came through an auction at one time.  But it is a good straight old machine.  I will see if I can get back out there to get pictures.  What specifically are you looking for?

FROM YESTERDAYS POSTING!

PHOTO PLEASE!  I will pay for expenses for decent side view photos showing the hydraulics, push beams, blade connections. Thank you

If u look at the ads u'll see it has a blade too. Normally most guys don't know they have a toolbar machine, because they only see the blade and don't know about the toolbar option.  I have a complete rear toolbar setup for the 6's or 9's and been looking for a machine to put it on. THE MACHINE HAS TO HAVE THE Mc CORMICK BLADE ON IT ,REMOVE THE BLADE, THEN THE REAR TOOLBAR CAN BE PUT ON.  thanks 4 any help.