Jump to content

Silage and three 14's


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

She's all that and then some, by far our favorite tractor.

I bet👍 She’s a beast

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a nice fleet of 14's!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure have grown fond of the 56 series but that 66 is one bad SOB. Do you run any kind of speed hitch or you like us and old fashioned pulling pins? Keep the pics rolling. We just chopped 80 loads monday but i didnt get too many pics. Im a loser 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

I sure have grown fond of the 56 series but that 66 is one bad SOB. Do you run any kind of speed hitch or you like us and old fashioned pulling pins? Keep the pics rolling. We just chopped 80 loads monday but i didnt get too many pics. Im a loser 🤦‍♂️

I’m thinking with 3 tractors and wagons they probably stay hitched?

What I want to see is the chopper and how you unload. In other words- we need action shots, preferably videos!😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I sure have grown fond of the 56 series but that 66 is one bad SOB. Do you run any kind of speed hitch or you like us and old fashioned pulling pins? Keep the pics rolling. We just chopped 80 loads monday but i didnt get too many pics. Im a loser 🤦‍♂️

Drive beside, we only unhook when we open the fields. Pull the wagons with the chopper when we open.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, here is a off track question for some of you. The 1466 is my favorite tractor of our fleet, and is also the favorite of my two sons. It also gets the most attention from others who stop by and seems to be a favorite with y'all on here. Why is it an attention getter to you guys? All three 14's have the same size front tires, all have chrome curved pipes and all have the smoke screw turned to the end (even though that can't be seen). Other than the series the only difference is the rear tires. The 86 is on 18.4 x 42's, the 66 is on 20.8 x 38's and the 56 is on 18.4 x 38's. So why does the 66 have the greatest cool factor? I know why we like it, but why do you when you only have pictures to go on? Just a fun question for me.:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I like the 66 series as a whole 2wd-4wd like them black stripe or not. I like the look of the deluxe cabs on them but they look cool without them, maybe that contributes the most to the ”cool factor”

Another thing is I have always like everything IH from the last half of the 60’s through the 70’s so the 66’s just fit in a personal preference for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Took this today, old girl was in the way and needed to be moved over 20' in the barn, first time since planting.  Was low on fuel so I stuck the trigger in the tank and was greasing the front end as it filled. Snapped pic randomly trying to catch cows on the side hill in the background, but I missed them.  Will be "new" next spring.....when the tach rolls over. 

image.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Okay, here is a off track question for some of you. The 1466 is my favorite tractor of our fleet, and is also the favorite of my two sons. It also gets the most attention from others who stop by and seems to be a favorite with y'all on here. Why is it an attention getter to you guys? All three 14's have the same size front tires, all have chrome curved pipes and all have the smoke screw turned to the end (even though that can't be seen). Other than the series the only difference is the rear tires. The 86 is on 18.4 x 42's, the 66 is on 20.8 x 38's and the 56 is on 18.4 x 38's. So why does the 66 have the greatest cool factor? I know why we like it, but why do you when you only have pictures to go on? Just a fun question for me.:D

Open station 66 series with flat top fenders always looked pretty cool. Up here in this part of the prairies it was very rare to even see a open station 66. If you did they had the big round fenders like standard tread 06 &56. Dad said when he toured Farmall works in early 70s that most of the cab tractors were headed for Regina Saskatchewan for distribution in western Canada. Cabs & swinging drawbar,no 3point. I spent lots of time in cabbed 66 series & ya, there cool too,but those opens look good too. Maybe it’s the 20.8s too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1456 has 2 different size front tires and 3 rib tires look better than 4 rib on pre 1990 tractors. 1466 has wheel weights and big 10 bolt hubs while 1456 looks light in the back. The 20.8s look good with the 14L16s. Trade you a black seat cushion set for the white cushion set on the 1466. 

20190907_223859.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

1456 has 2 different size front tires and 3 rib tires look better than 4 rib on pre 1990 tractors. 1466 has wheel weights and big 10 bolt hubs while 1456 looks light in the back. The 20.8s look good with the 14L16s. Trade you a black seat cushion set for the white cushion set on the 1466. 

20190907_223859.jpg

Wouldn't mind trading seats, the fronts on the 1456 are a pair the one just has the tread worn off more. We put them on used, mismatched sizes is unacceptable at our place.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picture of the 1486 with the winter time weights still on. Couldn't find one of the 1456 with the weights on. I know most people don't put the weights on and off, but we do. The 1456 is our planter tractor so no weights from spring to late fall.KIMG0514.jpg.75431c4b6c3c8961c54401fa38f3d59a.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...