drglinski

Adventures of the hydro 186

Adventures of the Farmallfan’s Hydro 186 at the SCRAP show in Gibsonburg Ohio Labor Day weekend   Unloading, driving around, parking, etc.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for capturing that! Next time we'll have to a get a shot of the loading. :)

12 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Thanks for capturing that! Next time we'll have to a get a shot of the loading. :)

Right. Darn camera died right before you drive it on.  🤦‍♂️  I’d like to get more shots of the loader in action, etc.  if you bring it to Adrian we’ll have to play with it some.   

13 minutes ago, drglinski said:

Right. Darn camera died right before you drive it on.  🤦‍♂️  I’d like to get more shots of the loader in action, etc.  if you bring it to Adrian we’ll have to play with it some.   

I'm planning to bring it up after work on the 20th. 

• Like 1

Is your transmission ok, it appeared to free wheel down the ramps unless you pulled the lever "full" back as you were backing down.

The lever was a bit further back than I would have liked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are still getting the feel for the whole setup aren’t you? Thought you did ok 

2 hours ago, drglinski said:

You are still getting the feel for the whole setup aren’t you? Thought you did ok 

I am still getting used to the whole setup.

When I got home from the show, I made sure to go very slowly down the ramp. 

No matter what it is that you’re loading or unloading on a trailer it seems like there is a bit of a “learning curve”. Each time gets a little more comfortable but ya always gotta be careful and just stop and think. 

I’m still getting used to my 6x12 as well.   The first couple of times I had it loaded I was getting some bounce, had to figure out where the right spot was, then it rode real good.   The Gibsonburg show was my first long haul (over the 3-4 miles testing it out around the neighborhood).   When I crossed the state line into MI it got to bouncing real bad, so much that I stopped to adjust the load a bit.  Glad I did I almost lost one of the wheels from my CC trailer due to a quick pin that fell out.   I also discovered I’d like more tie down points so I’m working on that. 

23 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

No matter what it is that you’re loading or unloading on a trailer it seems like there is a bit of a “learning curve”. Each time gets a little more comfortable but ya always gotta be careful and just stop and think. 

I don’t think I’d ever be comfortable driving up those ramps you’ve got on your deck over. ☺️

42 minutes ago, drglinski said:

I don’t think I’d ever be comfortable driving up those ramps you’ve got on your deck over. ☺️

That’s why I got the hydraulic dovetail. No skinny ramps for me. 🙂

• Like 3

Might wanna tighten your exhaust pipe down some