Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

I'm amazed by the stupidest things

I've never owned anything with pallet forks before. Thought they were for, well, pallets. Finally got some and figured I would have to make a quick tach bale forks or at least extensions for handling bales. Surprised to find the goofy little forks would pick up a bale from the end or the side😀

667282133_Wranglerbale.thumb.jpg.0ab08ff5b8b4c4c11d18b826e6468bf9.jpg

Cleaning up some sucker trees from the front yard before the wedding and family reunion and usually handle the cleanup with bucket and grapple forks (still up North at the hay meadow). Score one again for the goofy little pallet forks. How did I live without these things😃

430745672_Wranglerbrush3.thumb.jpg.cc35fa3025086258d279585cdae6b16c.jpg

864638070_Wranglerbrush2.thumb.jpg.e999ad7c28211941ec6d17db3af702b8.jpg

Yeah, I know, I don't get out much😥.         😁😋😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh yeah, they're amazing tools. Take one off and dig a electric or water line trench.  On skid loader, skim around the driveway to take out weeds and grass.

• Like 1

Pallet forks are great.  My parents' neighbors have a produce farm.  Their compact tractor has the pallet forks on the loader more often than the bucket.

FYI - Just be careful with the bales and brush.  They can tumble down towards you without much warning.  Making that spill guard a bit higher could save you.

• Like 2

Any equipment  i get I think how did I live without that...could not imagen life without my power equipment....

Looks like a handy machine.

• Like 1

For my 722 mine can't be adjusted for set width.  PITA.

• Sad 1

That loader is so cute if it had cheeks I would pinch them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Any equipment  i get I think how did I live without that...could not imagen life without my power equipment....

Looks like a handy machine.

I disagree with the first statement, we got a 2N around here....

• Haha 5

Been using pallet forks for over 20 years to load and move bales both on the tractor and skid steers.  Pallet forks get used more often then anything else around here. 

• Like 1

One thing about pallet forks and round bales though . . .bales can fall off forks with catastrophic consequences.  I know a family that lost a 10 year old son when a bale bounced off pallet forks and landed on him.  I’m not saying don’t move bales with pallet forks, I do it myself.   Just saying be careful.  Very careful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gearclash said:

One thing about pallet forks and round bales though . . .bales can fall off forks with catastrophic consequences.  I know a family that lost a 10 year old son when a bale bounced off pallet forks and landed on him.  I’m not saying don’t move bales with pallet forks, I do it myself.   Just saying be careful.  Very careful.

That is tragic for sure. Any time you use a piece of equipment for something it was not designed for, you need to have a heightened situational awareness. Weigh the risks/concequences.

Handy as a pocket on a shirt! I built a rack and forks for the TA28 on Dad's 6080, when done he asked me, "what good are they?" I just shook my head, Dad didn't always accept change well. Use them all the time, would hate to be without a set.

• Like 1

I bought a forklift mast that mounts on my 3 point. The mast itself only goes about 3 feet and with the 3 point about another 3 feet so about 6 feet overall. It's been a lifesaver around here. Only problem is the width of my tractor makes it impossible to get in corners and tight spots. It was made for loading totes of hazel nuts. Do know how I got along with out it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Been wanting one of those for awhile. They are never cheap.

• Like 2

After our fire dept's smoker, decided to borrow the picnic tables for next weekend. Had plenty of young studs to throw them on my pickup. After I got home, not a one to be found to help unload. Wrangler (and pallet forks) to the rescue😄

1384680796_Wranglertables.thumb.jpg.2f6392d0b5d5d4e01d71c0fac405980a.jpg

• Like 3

I need one or something like it. I live on a slope so the basic forklift wont do it and as I said my tractor is to wide but the forks are a lifesaver. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

I need one or something like it. I live on a slope so the basic forklift wont do it and as I said my tractor is to wide but the forks are a lifesaver. 

A lot of real uneven ground where I'm at. Fork lift won't work at all. This seems to maybe be more stable than a skid steer maybe not, but for lifting capacity, cheaper than any skid steer I could find. Kind of comparing apples and oranges but still doing the same work. 40° articulation, 20° oscillation, takes a little getting used to if you've never been on one before.

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, Rusty shackleford said:

now,now Rusty....that   sounds  like a personal problem........:mellow:

Mike

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, mike_newman said:

Mike

It’s unusual, but I’m not sure it’s illegal...maybe it should be.. but as it’s not🤔

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mike_newman said:

Mike

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

It’s unusual, but I’m not sure it’s illegal...maybe it should be.. but as it’s not🤔

Machinery Attachment Disorder           🙄😀😂

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Machinery Attachment Disorder           🙄😀😂

No, Sandhiller........that particular   affliction applied (for example) to the worn out linkage on our old   886......(it has since been repaired )........Used to drive us  thus.....

Rusty's  problem   ...his fascination  with a small   "pallet  forked " mini-loader is  quite disturbing   actually........out of character  in respect of his other machinery...

I guess he can get counselling.......Something   "B J'    could offer as he sees "members" going off at a tangent.....could offer him a whole new career path

I have not had my first caffine shot  of the day yet:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, Gearclash said:

. . . bend them into pretzels digging out concrete footings . . . 

Have a pair of forks that go on your bucket and use them all the time. And I did just what you did, they still work just aren't even anymore.

31 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

Have a pair of forks that go on your bucket and use them all the time. And I did just what you did, they still work just aren't even anymore.

thats a pain, ours came tweaked 

Oh I went way beyond “uneven”.  I think they had 6”or 8” of bend in them. Took some careful massaging to make them pallet compatable  again. I guess that’s what I get for cheaping out and buying 1-1/4” x 48 forks instead of 1-1/-2”.