Sign in to follow this  
rcb

What's the story on this custom mini articulated?

I saw this pic online. Obviously a custom job, but does anyone know the story behind it?

image.png.a43f0587050e9692563abaecd1fae2b7.png

• Like 5

Needs a 3 point hitch, otherwise no better then a M....

• Haha 2

Just kidding, very cool!! Would love to take it for a spin

New fancy red paint job and taller tires and I'm almost there😆😂🤣

IMG_20190829_074150543.thumb.jpg.9d04e2e23a3976851179fab2f23fd13d.jpg

• Haha 2

Was that the "186" that was also at RPRU?

I told him I'd buy that one if he'd paint it bright green!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I looked for a used one of those for years, the only people around here that had them were fertilizer plants and when they got rid of them they were killed.

At first glance, I thought the guy in the picture was a giant! 

There’s a few hours of work there for sure! 

1 hour ago, Finney said:

I looked for a used one of those for years, the only people around here that had them were fertilizer plants and when they got rid of them they were killed.

Luckily this one missed that fate. Been looking for a skid steer a lot of years. Every time I would find one in my price range, it had belonged to a fertilizer plant. You are right, they kill 'em.

15 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Luckily this one missed that fate. Been looking for a skid steer a lot of years. Every time I would find one in my price range, it had belonged to a fertilizer plant. You are right, they kill 'em.

We used a wrangler back when I was selling fertilizer, they're a nice little unit would lift 2000 lbs like nothing. We kept up on maintenance and I oiled and greased that thing religously, but they just rust out so quick it's nuts

11 hours ago, KWRB said:

For my "confused" friends above, Steigers are green, people.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:33 AM, KWRB said:

I think the one at Bloomsburg had no cab . I am sure it didn't but I don't have any pictures anymore to post that one . I watched them load it up to haul home

That's what I call a garden tractor, no cub cadet or compact tractor for that guy. 

• Haha 1

Is that one from “the little tractor company?”

On 9/5/2019 at 11:09 PM, sandhiller said:

Recently on a Dairy Forum a guy asked about Skids and a reply was dont bother.  Fellow had a compact loader like this...A whacker-Nueson...and said he would never go back to a SS again.  Just easier to run, see, maneuver etc.  Said just as handy as a SS but more operator friendly basically.  I kinda want one for pushing up feed and doing what the SS does around here.  I will NOT allow employees to run a SS.....SS mean Stall Smasher in Spanish I believe! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Recently on a Dairy Forum a guy asked about Skids and a reply was dont bother.  Fellow had a compact loader like this...A whacker-Nueson...and said he would never go back to a SS again.  Just easier to run, see, maneuver etc.  Said just as handy as a SS but more operator friendly basically.  I kinda want one for pushing up feed and doing what the SS does around here.  I will NOT allow employees to run a SS.....SS mean Stall Smasher in Spanish I believe! 

When I used to work for my FIL on his dairy he always had trouble with employees smashing gates. He put s hasp and padlock in front of the throttle lever, they just bent the rod to gain speed. I replaced the rod with a cable and they would use a stick to wind the cable tighter. Came out one morning to find a gate made of 2 7/8” oil pipe bent 16” out of straight. You gotta be moving with an 1845C to do that!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Maybe they need a walk behind...there is a little more pain when you back into something...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

Maybe they need a walk behind...there is a little more pain when you back into something...

I would think in a barn one of those walk behind units would be handy as a shirt pocket anyway. 

If I was in the market for a skid steer I would certainly look at one of these mini- loaders. Their almost as agile as a skid steer but visibility is so much better. And you’re not sitting in a hole behind or underneath a bucket of crap. In extremely tight places a skid steer will out maneuver a mini- loader, but nowhere else 

• Like 1

I think those mini articulated loaders would flip over really easy compared to the skidloaders especially on anything more than a slight grade 

9 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

When I used to work for my FIL on his dairy he always had trouble with employees smashing gates. He put s hasp and padlock in front of the throttle lever, they just bent the rod to gain speed. I replaced the rod with a cable and they would use a stick to wind the cable tighter. Came out one morning to find a gate made of 2 7/8” oil pipe bent 16” out of straight. You gotta be moving with an 1845C to do that!

When I was at the farm it seemed like me and one of the other employees were always trying to outsmart each other. He would tamper with the throttle cable on the skid.steers.to make them run faster and I was always trying to come up with ways to prevent that. He got one turning so fast once the plastic fan flew apart. Finally I adjusted both the high and low idle screws so the engine ran at one constant speed.

• Haha 1