2+2love

Organic weed control

23 hours ago, exSW said:

Wow! Those are beautiful! As a frustrated Organic dabbler I'm impressed.

Thank you.

Its a real nice sight to see. Having a seed cleaning facility helps a lot to market the beans and get highest price available. We also have a soybean extruder and make a lot of soybean meal for organic dairys. We try to sell direct and cut out seed brokers. 

• Like 2

A guy I know was in financial trouble with his dairy back around 2000. Was milking 80 head. His big problem was debt load. He tried switching over to organic. But it was a desperation move. Yea he got more for his milk but he didn't have the money to feed them right. Herd average tanked. He only lasted about a year after he switched. Got another guy up here who switched to organic about the same time. But he planned it out much better. He's still in business. I guess organic milk is sell at 29 busk per CWT. Heck of a lot better than 16.50.

Got another family here that does pretty good with some organic crops. They sell a lot of buckwheat to Japan.

Rick

Any special reason for the TR?

2 hours ago, exSW said:

Any special reason for the TR?

We save and clean seed. The twin rotor is very gental on the crop. This tr86 only has 1,500 separator hours.

• Like 2