2+2love

Organic weed control

What that thing on the front of the 5488 ? Called ?  Nice photos ,keep them coming 

1 minute ago, 560Dennis said:

What that thing on the front of the 5488 ? Called ?  Nice photos ,keep them coming 

The weed zapper. Generator and transformer are on rear 3pt. Front 3 point has the grounding culters and copper rod. Anything that touchs copper rod is electrocuted. You move the rod up and down with a hydraulic top link.

• Like 2

Have seen them, but never in the field, I was told they work very well.  Same goes for the flame weeder.  

Next question what’s the flame 🔥 job coming off the planter in the night foto 

That's some cool stuff.

Next question ,how soon after you plant are you in the field cultivating?

9 minutes ago, 2+2love said:

The weed zapper. Generator and transformer are on rear 3pt. Front 3 point has the grounding culters and copper rod. Anything that touchs copper rod is electrocuted. You move the rod up and down with a hydraulic top link.

That a giant international weed copper , I remember them . You you could hear it zapping on the vhf TV for miles around 🤣😂

26 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Next question what’s the flame 🔥 job coming off the planter in the night foto 

I do not believe that it is a planter, but rather a flame weeder.  It uses flames to cultivate the weeds by burning/singing them.

There is also a laser weeder that is being developed.  It uses optical recognition to identify and zap weeds.  It is called The Jedi.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I do not believe that it is a planter, but rather a flame weeder.  It uses flames to cultivate the weeds by burning/singing them.

There is also a laser weeder that is being developed.  It uses optical recognition to identify and zap weeds.  It is called The Jedi.

Is the Force with you when you run it?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Now that would be cool to see!

A friend of mine used one of those zappers for some waterhemp in soybeans that didn't get killed with 24 ounces of Ultra Blazer. It was on a 8245R? Deere tractor. In weed patches the generator would pull the tractor down and sometimes the big circuit breaker on the generator would trip. i rode with him for a while one evening. It did a good job killing the weeds it contacted, but some were under the canopy and are above it now. 

We’re you doing 88mph? 😳

6B83FD16-027B-411B-A37C-660F2D264D87.jpeg

F4F64524-AB3C-47C4-98B7-04F4DC1066AC.gif

Cool pics and toys. Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

We’re you doing 88mph? 😳

6B83FD16-027B-411B-A37C-660F2D264D87.jpeg

F4F64524-AB3C-47C4-98B7-04F4DC1066AC.gif

No but the flux capacitor was ready to go.

• Like 1

Just now, FarmerFixEmUp said:

No but the flux capacitor was ready to go. The John Deere just didn't have enough oomph! 

I didn’t see a line for “giggawatts” on the monitor????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I didn’t see a line for “giggawatts” on the monitor????

Thee in the bottom corner, he was only up 1. 1, .11 to go...

We are going to try doing our last tillage pass then plant 3 days later next year. That way the weeds will be more advanced then crop and hopefuly the flamer will kill more weeds. 

The weed zapper performers very good. They recommend 130 pto hp. The 5488 gets a good work out at times. I had a hard time getting the machine set up and a lot of issues with it. The company that makes it was helpful. 

1 minute ago, 2+2love said:

We are going to try doing our last tillage pass then plant 3 days later next year. That way the weeds will be more advanced then crop and hopefuly the flamer will kill more weeds. 

The weed zapper performers very good. They recommend 130 pto hp. The 5488 gets a good work out at times. I had a hard time getting the machine set up and a lot of issues with it. The company that makes it was helpful. 

Just to be clear, I’m not at all making fun of your stuff. That is next level equipment. I didn’t know most of that existed on a modern scale. 

• Like 1

$28.00 a bushel organic food grade soybeans are nothing to laugh about!

• Like 4

How much does burning cost per acre? You have some neat equipment, always thought it would be better then chemicals but haven’t tried yet. Thanks for your post. 

Just now, NY1468 said:

How much does burning cost per acre? You have some neat equipment, always thought it would be better then chemicals but haven’t tried yet. Thanks for your post. 

About 4 gallons an acre. At 4.2 mph

• Like 1

We also have a seed cleaning facility. So with all this in place we can do a good job marketing our grains. Most of our soybeans go to Taiwan. Its a lot of work but the price is well worth it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2+2love said:

About 4 gallons an acre. At 4.2 mph

That’s not bad, do you do one past only with the burner or more?

27 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

That’s not bad, do you do one past only with the burner or more?

2-3 passes. Depending on weed pressure. Trying to get better at killing grasses.