1486 3 point sinking when shutting down.

bankshotone

We took the top link bracket off, started tractor and raised the hitch, shut tractor off and looked inside and found 2 things, first we observed a constant drop coming from the rocks shaft cylinder and the second was a steady stream of oil coming out of a nozzle that points to the cylinder, I assume the drip from the cylinder is from leaking piston seals but what is causing the oil to come out the nozzle?

With out looking in the book to refresh my memories, I believe it is coming from the drop check valve.  That is the poppet that holds the hitch up. May be caused by adjustment set too close between raise and lower or bad seat leaking pilot check that allows drop poppet to move off seat.  

Just curious, is this an open center or pfc system.  A pfc will keep a hitch up that is leaking ( system will pressurize enough to over come leak so pump is always working)  whereas a open center will constantly drop and raise, (hiccough).  

If the 86 and 88 series 3 pts are the same, there is an updated piston seal.  I don’t have the part number in front of me right now, but I could dig it out if you want it.  My 5488 was doing the same thing, a slow drip off the piston when it was shut off.  Changing the piston seal cured it.

15 hours ago, pete23 said:

With out looking in the book to refresh my memories, I believe it is coming from the drop check valve.  That is the poppet that holds the hitch up. May be caused by adjustment set too close between raise and lower or bad seat leaking pilot check that allows drop poppet to move off seat.  

Just curious, is this an open center or pfc system.  A pfc will keep a hitch up that is leaking ( system will pressurize enough to over come leak so pump is always working)  whereas a open center will constantly drop and raise, (hiccough).  

Pfc system

Archived