Sign in to follow this  
barnsfull

Jd quick hitch

Would like to know more about this cat. 3 hitch.  Been laying in the corner of the shop and I was gonna paint it red to put on the 1456. But was thinking maybe find the right guy to trade it for a 56 series IH hitch instead.

So, what model of green tractors was this style made for?  I seen plenty with the over center handles, but never a cat 3 with this style latch handle.  7520, 5020, 6030 are my thoughts.

What would be a value?  If I can't trade it can I sell it for enough to buy a IH one? Thanks for all your help.

IMG_20190827_114656120.thumb.jpg.d54abf50ddae9f8a6a5f96f1d67ca9b6.jpgIMG_20190827_114706357.thumb.jpg.3aa0c25043b115073e2fd905e12faf3f.jpg

Don't know, never seen one like that in person.  I got the later Deere ones here like that, I prefer them myself, but I use a quick hitch for more than eye candy though.  I paint them black, go good with the red.

Had one similar to that and it wouldn't fit on the Magnums because of interference where the ball sockets hook either on the top link or bottom or both . 

So I would mount it on what you want to use it for before painting it 

5 minutes ago, bitty said:

Had one similar to that and it wouldn't fit on the Magnums because of interference where the ball sockets hook either on the top link or bottom or both . 

So I would mount it on what you want to use it for before painting it 

Have to use the Deere top link............Think I mill an 1/8" off each side on the low end of the Deere top link to fit the IH top link bracket.  The Cat III IH or C/IH top link ball end is too big to fit.  All the ones I have bought had the top links on them, not sure why the Deere guys didn't keep them with the tractor, but what ever.