Sign in to follow this  
R Pope

Trip to S'toon

Heading for the city to pick up my 706 injector pump after a rebuild. It ran good but the governor ring was failing and it's the first thing that goes in to the case so it needed the whole nine yards! 1200 bucks and change. Oh, well, The tractor was free so I guess it's still cheap. It has a Leon 707 loader on it that was used for snow removal. There's still paint in the perfectly round drawbar hole! Never pulled anything from the look of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Free? Pictures? 

• Like 1

Im assuming you used DSG for the rebuilding or someone else?

8 hours ago, bitty said:

Free? Pictures? 

Yes👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

Yep, Brian at DSG did it. Full rebuild, one year warranty, $1200 and change. Sorry, no pics.

• Like 1

That’s still pretty decent tractor for 1200 if rest isn’t too bad of shape. It have a cab or big fenders?

I assume the box of bits that showed up on my doorway is the extras from the rebuild?  I have that 18.4 x 34 off now if you are interested.  I know where there is a nice straight but seized 706 with the German engine in it if you are interested.  Not quite free but close.  Sorry I missed you I just got a Gibson and a Rockol to show you now.  

On 8/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, 7288cdn said:

I assume the box of bits that showed up on my doorway is the extras from the rebuild?  I have that 18.4 x 34 off now if you are interested.  I know where there is a nice straight but seized 706 with the German engine in it if you are interested.  Not quite free but close.  Sorry I missed you I just got a Gibson and a Rockol to show you now.  

Nobody around when I stopped by so I left it by the shop. I need the tire, the 806 has a flat now. I have to get the old picker truck mobile and buy some plates for it, I guess.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:21 AM, D1206 said:

That’s still pretty decent tractor for 1200 if rest isn’t too bad of shape. It have a cab or big fenders?

It's in great shape, no cab, big fenders, PTO, TA all good. The drawbar still has paint in the pin hole!

Pump is back on. I  left the bypass line off for a few hours until it started seeping fuel so the pump is full of fuel, just have to bleed the lines now. Hopefully she'll fire right up!

43 minutes ago, R Pope said:

It's in great shape, no cab, big fenders, PTO, TA all good. The drawbar still has paint in the pin hole!

That’s pretty good, did it do a lot of stationary PTO work, or just used as a loader tractor ?

Just used clearing snow, Had the loader on it when they brought it home, I don't think it was ever in the field!

Nice find then👍👍