Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
R Pope

Trip to S'toon

Recommended Posts

Heading for the city to pick up my 706 injector pump after a rebuild. It ran good but the governor ring was failing and it's the first thing that goes in to the case so it needed the whole nine yards! 1200 bucks and change. Oh, well, The tractor was free so I guess it's still cheap. It has a Leon 707 loader on it that was used for snow removal. There's still paint in the perfectly round drawbar hole! Never pulled anything from the look of it.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free? Pictures? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im assuming you used DSG for the rebuilding or someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bitty said:

Free? Pictures? 

Yes👍👍👍👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Brian at DSG did it. Full rebuild, one year warranty, $1200 and change. Sorry, no pics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s still pretty decent tractor for 1200 if rest isn’t too bad of shape. It have a cab or big fenders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume the box of bits that showed up on my doorway is the extras from the rebuild?  I have that 18.4 x 34 off now if you are interested.  I know where there is a nice straight but seized 706 with the German engine in it if you are interested.  Not quite free but close.  Sorry I missed you I just got a Gibson and a Rockol to show you now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, 7288cdn said:

I assume the box of bits that showed up on my doorway is the extras from the rebuild?  I have that 18.4 x 34 off now if you are interested.  I know where there is a nice straight but seized 706 with the German engine in it if you are interested.  Not quite free but close.  Sorry I missed you I just got a Gibson and a Rockol to show you now.  

Nobody around when I stopped by so I left it by the shop. I need the tire, the 806 has a flat now. I have to get the old picker truck mobile and buy some plates for it, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 6:21 AM, D1206 said:

That’s still pretty decent tractor for 1200 if rest isn’t too bad of shape. It have a cab or big fenders?

It's in great shape, no cab, big fenders, PTO, TA all good. The drawbar still has paint in the pin hole!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump is back on. I  left the bypass line off for a few hours until it started seeping fuel so the pump is full of fuel, just have to bleed the lines now. Hopefully she'll fire right up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, R Pope said:

It's in great shape, no cab, big fenders, PTO, TA all good. The drawbar still has paint in the pin hole!

That’s pretty good, did it do a lot of stationary PTO work, or just used as a loader tractor ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just used clearing snow, Had the loader on it when they brought it home, I don't think it was ever in the field!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice find then👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...