1966 1200 Factory LP Flat bed.

3 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Tony, will Herbie have in dash A/C like the Red Kid? Matter of fact, how similar will the interior be compared to the Red Kid?

Yes , will have vintage air.  Dash will be all red ,no dash pad , like Red kid, It will have more gauges, tach and clock, I think , Its been so long since we dealt with that. Upholstery near same, not sure of floor yet rug or not, I prefer a rug but we'll see see what they have available from their Scout builds. Being its a work truck motif will influence.

Tony

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony, just looked at the restoration page , dang Old Herby is looking great 👍 

Danny 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cab and chassis back from painter! They used the chassis to roll cab to and from painter.

Now  to start on chassis going to powder coat.

I keep praying the Caldor fire in Northern Ca. does not decide to go west . 
truck is being done in Grass Valley about hundred  miles west of big fires . Fires are moving North /East towards lake Tahoe 

tony

421698B3-D82E-456C-8FFB-4D7B9E521BF1.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 6:44 PM, hardtail said:

Hard to tell but are the hubcaps nickel plated?

Fires bad deal for all ☹️

I am not sure . I will ask next time up there.

yes , Fires , Floods , Tornados , earthquake pretty devestating .

tony

On 9/9/2021 at 1:08 PM, m.c.farmerboy said:

As always Tony very nice!! When I go west this fall If I have time would like to come see your Stuff 

Absolutely Give me a couple days heads up .  So I have plenty time with you.

Tony 

9/10/21 

I was sent these latest updates on old Herbie . Finally some things being final installed .

pray it keeps going in this direction . 
latest pictures 

Tony 

60E77B63-275E-441E-AB0C-BF69D43CDF55.jpeg

2D834B52-A5DB-45FB-B44A-ADD4316DAFB5.jpeg

99ADAFCC-A0C3-4804-B8E6-CEE1A9A5F5E5.jpeg

3E5770DD-29D6-4CB3-BB65-CA63C8638F05.jpeg

644B655F-A289-42D3-8CF0-FD8416485F53.jpeg

F965709B-226E-490F-B085-BFE47607388A.jpeg

• Like 5

9/23/21

Few more parts from painters 

now a least we have a dash board to work with , hood latches chromed , miscl. 
Front size tires came in , waiting on rims 

Tony 

ED87A7D9-A94F-450B-A647-3D5851E39A71.jpeg

A2E80E02-A868-442E-8B9C-7D4707347251.jpeg

F5884CEC-7C14-471C-86D7-2B68F2D8A94F.jpeg

044FA2C0-070F-400E-ADBB-970772A483C8.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, twostepn2001 said:

Wow!!  That dash looks incredible!!  On another topic, how hard is it going to be to fix the little "boo boo" on the Red Kid?

Took it back to Rob yesterday , (the painter.)

His reaction was oh that not too bad , I can fix that ! 
Hope so ! 
now trying to figure out what to do about hauling them , because this old fart is not as limber as he thinks and it’s the sh@ts to get these into enclosed trailer and tie down . 
a thirty -forty year old no problem but a near 76 , head says, I can , body says ,”Ha, Ha , Fool !”

tony

22 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

now trying to figure out what to do about hauling them

Aw shoot Tony, just get yourself a shiny red (maybe with a gold hood) new Pete and one of them NASCAR car haulin' trailers. Drive it on the ramps outside then electric motors and cables do the rest. And if you was to move to Texas, l'd volunteer to drive it for you to all the RPRU's.  😎

• Like 2

14 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Aw shoot Tony, just get yourself a shiny red (maybe with a gold hood) new Pete and one of them NASCAR car haulin' trailers. Drive it on the ramps outside then electric motors and cables do the rest. And if you was to move to Texas, l'd volunteer to drive it for you to all the RPRU's.  😎

Nice to dream !

Twostepn , I am trying to learn the concept of RETIREMENT = FIXED INCOME !  lol lol lol . At least that's what my wife keeps reminding me of ! Something along the lines of outgoing dollars has to be less then incoming dollars.🤕

Tony

On 9/28/2021 at 8:28 AM, twostepn2001 said:

Wow!!  That dash looks incredible!!  On another topic, how hard is it going to be to fix the little "boo boo" on the Red Kid?

9/29/21 

boo boo on RedKid , it’s back at paint shop !

Rob says not bad . We’ll see . BTW it’s the  lower marks , the higher larger big square  is shop light reflection .

lesson learned ,”do not try to drive into enclosed trailer without help guiding or using the winch !”

tony 

5C8E7A35-F2B7-4DE1-B540-F8C279B8A6FC.jpeg

10/1/21

Some great progress ! On Herb.

Chassis is powder coated .

engine very close to being dropped in . Remember if you see different carb parts etc. it’s going to be on LP gas   

tony 

4ADF872F-522B-47B7-9BE0-F6869266DD92.jpeg

153FCA14-86D5-45E6-A1C9-64B503601C44.jpeg

5E8C3069-AF72-4943-B3CA-0FBE65BBABFA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tony, is the front end on Herb have the same mods on it like the Red Kid to make it easier to drive? Not only power steering but didn't you change the front end for better steering geometry or something like that?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Tony, is the front end on Herb have the same mods on it like the Red Kid to make it easier to drive? Not only power steering but didn't you change the front end for better steering geometry or something like that?

Herb will have power steering but it’s adapted  from another later model IH as is the front axle out of a seventies IH which takes a disk brake set up . Rear end is from GM and accepts disk brakes also.

RedKid had a torsion front end from factory , not much could do with installing v8 , disk brakes and power steering . To make it all work we had a Art Morrison clip made .

on Herb had solid front axle and factory V8 so adapting another front axle worked for this application .

tony 

• Like 3