Taking my earlier thought a step farther, maybe ih white with ih red accents? Maybe red tank lift and wheels? Or did ih do a 2 tone on those style trucks? Do a 2 tone with either red or white as main color and accent with which ever color you didn't use as your 2 tone? Whatever you do it will look great. 

I like that your going to incorporate his logo into it too. Nice tribute.

• Like 1
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4/2/21 Engine was balance and final assembly . working on doors , window regulators , latches etc , window wing frames were removed for polishing , getting cab ready for paint.  tony 

In 1966 starting my Farming career , I watched my local Blacksmith / family friend , purchase this truck new and build the bed for it.  I was 21 no money trying to farm with old IH equipment that

Guys have been working on bed , preparing for lites , etc  Received a few items that were sent out for polishing etc . tony 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Taking my earlier thought a step farther, maybe ih white with ih red accents? Maybe red tank lift and wheels? Or did ih do a 2 tone on those style trucks? Do a 2 tone with either red or white as main color and accent with which ever color you didn't use as your 2 tone? Whatever you do it will look great. 

Appreciated your input . 
in  next two weeks I am going to Grass Valley (4 hours north )to check on progress and will discuss it all with painters and shop .

tony 

1 hour ago, Tonyinca said:

Appreciated your input . 
in  next two weeks I am going to Grass Valley (4 hours north )to check on progress and will discuss it all with painters and shop .

tony 

Hope I wasn't over enthusiastic in my input. Can't wait to see what you come up with. 🙂

22 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Hope I wasn't over enthusiastic in my input. Can't wait to see what you come up with. 🙂

Not at all ! 
nice to have discussion with fellow IH enthusiasts .

tony

• Like 2

To me it really doesn't matter what color you paint it because l know it will be a top notch quality job. On your SMTA and the 806 both tanks look like you could reach into them and cover your hand in that beautiful finish.

Tony's SMTA LP tank view.jpg

806-new dash.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

5/2/21 

they are installing the B&W hitch into bed , making firm bracing into bed for support 

Going through lift Motor making sure all is in working order and ready for paint 

I plan to go there on 5/12/21 to discuss paint and build in person 

Tony 

B9F87209-227A-4ADE-B373-43D271789836.jpeg

18FA2864-36CF-464D-B7DB-BC6006A62C15.jpeg

2645AFCB-FCC1-4D59-B485-38815794387D.jpeg

50A0FA70-8B86-48CF-B5EB-1A6C747C34FE.jpeg

2AA805E5-6FEB-404C-A559-7A443C48138D.jpeg

• Like 3
On 4/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

I was thinking the same thing before I read this above. I wonder how a 935 white would look in a candy or gloss?  Might look kind of like a pearl color?  Painter could add some flake and make it really pop I bet.  Still have red accents. Just my $.02. I’m sure it will look great regardless 😊 Can’t wait to see that old emblem pinstriped on. That will be super cool!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toy do you have a certain date that you hope to have the flatbed pickup finished?  Well, besides ASAP...lol  Just curious as a lot of the TV "hot rod" shows always say "we gotta have this done by a week from next Thursday" or something to that effect.

• Like 1

Twostepin, 

yep ASAP !  lol 

I and my BIL are going there on Wed 5/12/21

want to meet with them discuss bed and paint , etc . 
my BIL Stan is in trucking business and is more familiar with these kind of flat bed restorations , so hopefully we can get much dialed in . 
I will be giving them the , “ I am 75 and running out of time speech ,” hoping they can speed up !
Quite Frankly at best it would be a year from now the earliest . 
they have most of mechanical mocked up , then at mercy of painter, Uphostery , and all of details 

this August will be two years , seems like 5 , so reasonably it will be three years.

those guys on Tv , I believe , have everything staged, no way you can do a quality resto mod and body work in two weeks. 
plus now we are fighting shortages of everything , quality workers , iron is sky high , shortages everywhere you look , the economy got so screwed up and now everything is back logged and back ordered 

lucky  most of the mechanics on mine have been done , most of parts ordered before covid and they limped through covid and they are a a IH shop .

tony 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

5/12/21

My BIL and I took the day  ( 8 hour round trip ) and visited with shop , spent four hours with them going over truck bed ,paint , etc.
looks like they are ready to move into final fabrication then painting and frame powder coating mode soon 

Think it’s going to be little different 

tony 

• Like 3
On 5/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, Tonyinca said:

5/12/21

My BIL and I took the day  ( 8 hour round trip ) and visited with shop , spent four hours with them going over truck bed ,paint , etc.
looks like they are ready to move into final fabrication then painting and frame powder coating mode soon 

Think it’s going to be little different 

tony 

Oh I like different! 

Here is for a smooth finish.  They normally do higher grade stuff like the Flatbed or more parts and repair work? 

Tony, after looking at where you are now with this truck, I have come to the conclusion that the keyword "facelift" that you tagged this thread with originally is...a little too weak of a word!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, TN Hillbilly said:

Tony, after looking at where you are now with this truck, I have come to the conclusion that the keyword "facelift" that you tagged this thread with originally is...a little too weak of a word!

Yep , gets to be the ,"WHILE WE ARE HERE, THIS FAR, LETS DO THAT ALSO " syndrome ! 

They told me two days ago that cab was off to paint shop.

Tony

21 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Yep , gets to be the ,"WHILE WE ARE HERE, THIS FAR, LETS DO THAT ALSO " syndrome ! 

They told me two days ago that cab was off to paint shop.

Tony

At your advice, I had this one painted at a reputable shop with quality paint.  But we didn't go hardly as deep as you're going...

20210410_135541.jpg

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

At your advice, I had this one painted at a reputable shop with quality paint.  But we didn't go hardly as deep as you're going...

20210410_135541.jpg

That’s a beauty ! 
would love to have it at our CALIF Antique farm equipment show next April with our vintage flat beds , mine is only a 3/4 ton wish it was one ton . But obviously old Herb thought 3/4 was enough and he was right .

tony 

9 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

That’s a beauty ! 
would love to have it at our CALIF Antique farm equipment show next April with our vintage flat beds , mine is only a 3/4 ton wish it was one ton . But obviously old Herb thought 3/4 was enough and he was right .

tony 

Tony, I would love to head this old truck west to come see you next spring!  

The way she's geared, I better leave this weekend, to be there by the show...

And, I got a free M with a belly sickle I need to pick up in the Sandhills on my way home...

• Like 1