Another long time member passes away

I got a call from Roger Bowsher's ( HD) son Scott  this morning saying his father had passed away in late July. For those of you that have have been long time members of RPF you know that HD was one of the original members. I joined in the late '90s and Roger was one of the first members I got acquainted with. Over the years we had become very good friends, along with Laverne "chub" Myers. Sort of considered ourselves the " 3 Musketeers".  Roger was from Clinton Mo and had been in the lumber business, airplane accident investigator,  & raised cattle as well as being an avid  IH fan. My wife & I  visited him several years ago & I was hoping to get back down there this summer but things just didn't work out.

Normally we talk a couple times a month  but butt we hadn't talked since mid June. I left a message a couple nights ago but had heard back which caused some concern.  This morning when the phone rang & the caller id showed "HD" i was relieved  but when hen I heard a different voice on the other end my heart dropped because I knew it wasn't going to be good news.  My condolences go out to his son's Mike, Scott, & the rest of his family.

Will miss our converstions "HD" and look forward to the time that you, chub, and myself can sit down once again & talk about the good old days

PS, for those interested in reading his obituary  google "Roger A Bowsher obituary"

• Sad 5

Man, I hate to hear this Byron, I had talked to Roger on the phone a few times over the years, but I never did get to meet him. You and me are getting to be the old farts on here now!

Remember HD well; like Jerry said, he used to post a lot. 

Maybe this isn’t a good idea, but maybe BJ(FarmallFan) should create a memorial page on here dedicated to members that have passed on. 

RIP Roger....you were one of the good ones....and you will be missed. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, SDman said:

Remember HD well; like Jerry said, he used to post a lot. 

Maybe this isn’t a good idea, but maybe BJ(FarmallFan) should create a memorial page on here dedicated to members that have passed on. 

RIP Roger....you were one of the good ones....and you will be missed. 

The forum software doesn't really have a good way to do this, short of making a pinned post. 

For those interested, here is HD's obituary: https://bradleyhadley.com/tribute/details/1365/Roger-Bowsher/obituary.html

• Thanks 3

I was looking at some older threads awhile back and saw a few of his posts. Thought;  we haven't heard from him in a long time. Rest in peace HD.

Sorry to hear you guys losing a friend. I try not to have them because of that, then I don't go home sad and blue. My prayers go out to all that knew him and his families and hope that the prayers are comforting ones and I know that time heals some things.

PRAYERS

When exactly did this forum start?

I tried hard not to get into tractors when I was a kid, because that was my dad's province. (We see how well that worked).

Anyway he was a subscriber to Red Power Magazine and others. He was a member of Chapter 35 too. I'll bet if this site was around in 2005, he was on.

49 minutes ago, KWRB said:

When exactly did this forum start?

I tried hard not to get into tractors when I was a kid, because that was my dad's province. (We see how well that worked).

Anyway he was a subscriber to Red Power Magazine and others. He was a member of Chapter 35 too. I'll bet if this site was around in 2005, he was on.

I started on here in 1997.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

The forum in its current form, started in December of 2004. 

Was that from the old style forum that listed in a ytmag type format to this or was there another one in there.  

As Boog said, quite a number have passed on now, and it doesn't seem that long, but I guess it is 2019.............

I remember HD well, he was a frequent poster on the old board. Condolences to his family. Rest in peace HD

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Was that from the old style forum that listed in a ytmag type format to this or was there another one in there.  

As Boog said, quite a number have passed on now, and it doesn't seem that long, but I guess it is 2019.............

It's been using the same software(with updates along the way) since December 2004. Using the Internet Wayback Machine, I found there were two prior versions of the forum before that. 

36 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

It's been using the same software(with updates along the way) since December 2004. Using the Internet Wayback Machine, I found there were two prior versions of the forum before that. 

My memory isn't what it used to be but when I first became aware of RPF was mid to late '90s. I was looking for some information on old er IH tractors and somehow stumbled onto the website.Originally was just one long thread and it was hard to follow a conversation as you never were sure who was replying to whom. Originally less than 25 followers. Hard to remember everyone but HD, chub, JD _Humm, Blaine SWMO, an English lady who went by Juliet and others that I can't recall their name at the moment, old age is catching up:÷(. I remember TP & JP coming on board not long after. 

Actually, HD & I butted heads at first but became close friends. I also remember sitting at the kitchen table one day when my son, IHboog came in followed by a little old man who turned out to be chub. That was the start of another good friendship. Roger had been born in IN before moving to Mo with his mother & stepdad as a child. Thru ROF chub  found out Roger had a relative that lived near chub. Strange the things we learn on here.

HD had been in failing health the last few years, suffered from COPD among other issues. Though he hadn't posted for quite awhile he still checked in occassionaly and we would often discuss RPF in our phone conversations. 

Adman, what a great idea to propose a memorial page to those member that have passed. I'm  not a computer whiz by any means but BJ, since the forum has changed to the present format we have gone from two boards to several. Would it be possible to create another board & dedicate it those that have passed on? Members could post the name when a member passes and other could add to that post. Like I said, I have no knowledge in how things work here but it would be great to have a board that we could list the ones have gone to greener pastures. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Was HD at the 2015 Roundup in Sedalia? I kinda think I remember meeting him. 

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Sedalia was where I met Roger. I had on my NY Bill shirt when we got there, and when he saw me getting out of the truck, shook my hand. great greeting! I, too, had been thinking about how we hadn't heard from him for a time. Rest in peace.

• Like 1

Thanks but no thanks for the news. Met him at the 2004 roundup at Mt. Pleasant Iowa. Really sad to hear th news but thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Red_Man said:

Man, I hate to hear this Byron, I had talked to Roger on the phone a few times over the years, but I never did get to meet him. You and me are getting to be the old farts on here now!

I BEEN HERE A LONG TIME TOO  WITH THE CAPITAL LEETTERS.LOL

SO sad.   Meeting Roger in 2015 at Sedalia RPRU was truly one of the highlights of all my RPRU trips.  He was a class act and a great person.  Our conversation is and will always be engraved in my brain.  He was a kind soul.  

Mike

• Like 2