Sign in to follow this  
dads706

Today's rant.... "it just hit me wrong".

Sat down in front of the TV at noon and was watching President Trump answer questions from reporters. Naturally they were all trying to get his attention to answer their question....

beginning of rant..... they were trying to get his attention....."Mr. Trump", "Donald", "Excuse me" .........left , right , Dem or GOP, like him or not..... he is our president and should be addressed as such..... Mr. President.         end of rant

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Yep, like him or not, have some manners.

• Like 2

This did not start with President Trump. Public Radio referred to President  Bush 1 as the "BUSH REGIME".

• Like 1

What did you expect from the media?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pro Tip:

Act Presidential and you'll be treated as such.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Pro Tip:

The voice of experience, I assume?  Is your off-line name William Jefferson Blythe Clinton?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

The voice of experience, I assume?  Is your off-line name William Jefferson Blythe Clinton?

No.

I'd be interested in learning what you're referring to?  The more details the better.

17 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

No.

I'd be interested in learning what you're referring to?  The more details the better.

I was just poking at you, Atila. You said “Pro Tip” so I thought you were a pro at presidential stuff. That’s all. Sorry if that offended you. 

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Pro Tip:

Maybe you should have told that to ole billy bot and obozo that.... you remember, the one catting around and the other stirring the pot......or maybe you'd prefer mr i can't do a thing about the hostages and lets use food as a weapon.....

Rick

8 hours ago, dads706 said:

Sat down in front of the TV at noon and was watching President Trump answer questions from reporters. Naturally they were all trying to get his attention to answer their question....

beginning of rant..... they were trying to get his attention....."Mr. Trump", "Donald", "Excuse me" .........left , right , Dem or GOP, like him or not..... he is our president and should be addressed as such..... Mr. President.         end of rant

Had this discussion with a friend. He told me I should respect Obozo because he was the first black elected president. I told him I respect the office of president. But I don't have to respect the office holder. Getting elected president only means that you lied better than the other guy.

That being said had I ever had the bad luck to have met Obozo while he was in office I would have addressed him as Mr President. Same with ole billy boy. It still would have been Mr President.

I received a presidential certificate of achievement from billy boy (not personally thank god). The commanding general at Ft Riley presented it. It's around here someplace cause the wife got mad at me when I wanted to burn it. The shrub was in office by then. I told her all I had to do was notify my representative that it had been destroyed and they would have had a new one issued after checking to make sure I'd gotten one but with the Bush signature.

Rick  

• Like 1

Seems to me that in today’s society there is not a lot of respect for those that are in higher authority...... doesn’t matter if you like them or not some will not recognize those in the professional way they should be recognized.

9 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Seems to me that in today’s society there is not a lot of respect for those that are in higher authority...... doesn’t matter if you like them or not some will not recognize those in the professional way they should be recognized.

Today's society doesn't seem to have much respect for anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Respect is earned. Unless you're a trump supporter, then it's to be demanded.

Is "Mr. Idiot" formal enough? :huh:

10 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Did the monarchy and redcoats in the 1770s demand the same respect you advocate for today? What's your suggestion for Hong Kong citizens today?

For some reason, people have an almost religious need to worship the boot of authority as long as it's their parties' boot on the necks of their neighbors. Once that boot is on the other foot, then it's time to resist authority.

Authority is to be questioned, not welcomed. I do not recognize anybody's claim to authority over me.

42 minutes ago, Indy Farmer said:

Authority is to be questioned, not welcomed. I do not recognize anybody's claim to authority over me.

I bet you're a great employee. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

I bet you're a great employee. 

There's quite a bit of difference between voluntarily working as an employee and someone claiming authority over another person. Sheesh :rolleyes:

I would be interested if anyone on here holds or has held any political position at any level (ie board members/twp supervisor etc).

Having ANY type of "power" puts the crosshairs on you.

Everyone, that is affected, is an expert in their own minds.

I sit on a couple boards and it is constant complaints coming from those affected by the board`s decisions.

I ALWAYS suggest to the complainants to get involved, ie get on the board/panel, and do something to help your cause.

They never do. They are complainers not action takers.

I cannot imagine the pressures of being POTUS.

Neither can you.

I wouldn`t want the job if it paid a billion dollars a month.

This president suits some, some not.

No different than the last one or the ones before him.

I was absolutely trembling election night when it was becoming apparent that President Trump`s opponent may win.

None of us have a clue how to fix the problems we suffer with in this world.

But we all THINK we do and I guess that`s OK. 

Next?

• Like 2

I understand the position is of great importance, and no doubt some semblance of respect is needed. However I'm still a big believer that respect is earned no matter who you are. Take our excuse of a PM for example. Sure I would address him with respect, but other than that the man is a joke, I have no respect for him after turning our country into a steaming mess. Saying we have no funds to help our veterans, ruining trade relationships with our biggest buyer, taking nothing seriously, what is there to respect about that?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IH766 said:

I understand the position is of great importance, and no doubt some semblance of respect is needed. However I'm still a big believer that respect is earned no matter who you are. Take our excuse of a PM for example. Sure I would address him with respect, but other than that the man is a joke, I have no respect for him after turning our country into a steaming mess. Saying we have no funds to help our veterans, ruining trade relationships with our biggest buyer, taking nothing seriously, what is there to respect about that?

That spineless, sissy pos...his wife is more of a man than he is.😠

• Like 2

Media producers tell them  get a story . Get the scoop 

19 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

It’s a culture shift, perhaps reminiscent of the ‘60’s(?) I wasn’t old enough to remember that.

But when you have the radical left in charge of the education, you have the media inciting racism and violence, you have police officers accused of extreme violence, you have athletes using their 10 minutes of fame to gain attention,what’s left to respect? 

I believe though, the lack of respect is emphasized for knee jerk reactions and not typical of society in general. I still have to believe that good people exist not in the shadows as we are lead to believe, but in the main walks of life.

8 hours ago, Indy Farmer said:

Did the monarchy and redcoats in the 1770s demand the same respect you advocate for today? What's your suggestion for Hong Kong citizens today?

For some reason, people have an almost religious need to worship the boot of authority as long as it's their parties' boot on the necks of their neighbors. Once that boot is on the other foot, then it's time to resist authority.

Authority is to be questioned, not welcomed. I do not recognize anybody's claim to authority over me.

There is a lot of difference between demanding respect and earning respect. I don’t see anyone demanding respect however I do see some earning respect with non given.

Trying to decipher your text, leaves me with a few questions, but out of respect for you, and your opinions, I will take it as it’s written and not read into it. 

I could easily take it in a very different direction.