ChrisNY

New Addition

So a new addition to the family, not sure why as I really don’t need another project but have always liked the little 100’s and they are easier to haul to shows than the big ones. 

This one is a 55 and very straight, not a dent anywhere, everything works as it should, runs very smooth no smoke,couple minor leaks is all. Needs a couple new rear rims as tires are loaded and seep around valve stems. Is pretty well optioned with fast hitch and original tach, Rockford heavy duty clutch, nice set of cultivators. 

Not real familiar with these little guys so am sure will have questions for you guys as I go.  

49A266C2-D44E-45A9-91A8-6036931CD91E.jpeg

2C22D6C7-099D-41E3-BAE9-F953575E83C2.jpeg

27B475F5-C929-4958-A1C3-B9500DA681F0.jpeg

E9B682AA-876A-4231-8A71-AD1F0BCBC248.jpeg

• Like 9

Congrats!  :)   You certainly have tractors of all sizes in that barn now! 

Looks like a clean one. 

Guys that know these little guys feel free to point out anything you see

Looks like a nice clean group of tractors there, including the latest addition.

Great find! Makes it even better when it has a few options. 

I have a ‘48 cub it’s my only tractor but it great to have around. I’ve got a woods 48 inch belly mower for it and I spread manure with it as well as other small jobs. From the work I’ve done on it I would say it’s easy to work on (I would think it’s about the same on the larger small frame tractors)

Will you use it some with the cultivators or will it just be a show piece? 

I like the other equipment you have in the stable, looks to be well kept👍

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Great find! Makes it even better when it has a few options. 

I have a ‘48 cub it’s my only tractor but it great to have around. I’ve got a woods 48 inch belly mower for it and I spread manure with it as well as other small jobs. From the work I’ve done on it I would say it’s easy to work on (I would think it’s about the same on the larger small frame tractors)

Will you use it some with the cultivators or will it just be a show piece? 

I like the other equipment you have in the stable, looks to be well kept👍

Will use it in the garden with cultivators but thats it. Mostly just for show. 

• Like 1

Awwwwsome !!!

Congrads Chis !!

HP

Nice Chris! For as many A's I see I don't see too many 100's or 130's. Looks like it has a tach, never saw that on one either.

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Nice Chris! For as many A's I see I don't see too many 100's or 130's. Looks like it has a tach, never saw that on one either.

Me either, thats kinda why I wanted one. A’s, Super A’s and 140’s everywhere, 100’s you don’t see as often. I have never seen one with the “ factory” optioned tach either..and it works. 

You don`t wanna get into that tractor Chris.

They are very complicated and parts are sky high.

I`ll do you a favor and run up and take it off your hands to save you the grief.:ph34r:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, MTO said:

You don`t wanna get into that tractor Chris.

They are very complicated and parts are sky high.

I`ll do you a favor and run up and take it off your hands to save you the grief.:ph34r:

Well it must be my lucky day, because other than a couple seals, its all good, lol

• Sad 1

nice one! I bought a 100 with a front blade, 1pt 1 bottom plow, and a 1 pt York rake. original owner worked at York. mine runs good but my sheet metal is nowhere as straight as yours is.

2 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

nice one! I bought a 100 with a front blade, 1pt 1 bottom plow, and a 1 pt York rake. original owner worked at York. mine runs good but my sheet metal is nowhere as straight as yours is.

I know, now I need one point FH implements 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

Will use it in the garden with cultivators but thats it. Mostly just for show. 

That's an awesome use for it and then you can get more enjoyment than it just sitting around

you should have been at the  national auction when it was in Maryland. i never saw so much 1pt equipment in 1 place.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bitty said:

That's an awesome use for it and then you can get more enjoyment than it just sitting around

Yup, wife has already claimed it as hers to go with the 460 as they are more “ her size” 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice find, Chris!  I've got. 130 and a 140 , both with 1 point fast hitch. The 140 has a one arm loader. Both are fun little tractors to drive and parade. Got several one point attachments but favorite is the carrier. Put a bus seat on it and haul the grand kids around.  They like that it can be let down to the ground so they can walk right on then get lifted up. 

Jerry

• Like 1

Very nice! We have a 140 and its a little powerhouse!