vtfireman85

I found my new home defense weapon

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

Easy there Lizzy...

Now Seth, I wouldn’t actually hit anyone with that. It’s a Norlund Saddle Cruiser. Fairly rare item these days. Norlund is famous for their “Hudson Bay” style axes from up North of you somewhere. Besides, with a head smaller than a dollar bill it might just make somebody mad. 

I have several of these at home and in pickups. For the price you can't have too many. Loaded with 7+1 00buck, 2 shot or 5 shot depending on where they are stationed. Each pu has shotty, handgun and AR15 cuz you just never know. So far only been used on "4 legged criminals"😋 but with the highway system, and drug runners, I know I meet them every day on the road. They run stuff to the Rez. Occasionally hear of bad scum being arrested. I would rather be prepared and hope I never have to use than the other way around.

IMG_20190821_155607205.thumb.jpg.2db31a0792be70ebcef293cc968e40ea.jpg

I like how compact yours is with the folding stock. 

.......we don't have to cater  for the   "low life ''  ....as you blokes seem to have to......I do have a firearm in the house......a now, possibly illegal    Marlin 39A..brought new when I turned 16years old...back in 1958....yeah  due to the fact it can hold in excess  of 10 rounds of  .22   rim fire..it could be deemed a Muslim  Killer.......sigh

My old cook   heard  some rifle  shots....."obviously   centre  fire"  she said...this quite recently    , about 2.00 am .......she thought  it sounded like up in our top paddock, where a mob of sheep were....so she goes up in the old Blazer...(yeah...ok.... ok   but it is made in USA...allright ??!!)........past our place, on the road by the neighbours paddock....finds three blokes with rifles..and a very dead deer  in the pickup......so she turns around  ...blocks the road with the Chev......(narrow  , gravel road....)...phones up the neighbour ....Whose now   two deer  had been shot......he phones the cops...and blocks the other side of the poachers   vehicle with his Case IH    four wheel drive tractor.  Some 70 minutes later   , cops show  up...give wife and neighbour a serve  for "blocking " a public road..........but the poachers  had the  license  plates covered ....plus shooting off public road...trespass...etc etc...those buggers got stung.....

..Cook wasn't fazed  by all this......(I was away  at the time...)

..we also have a large can of fly spray for   unwelcome guests.....of the eight legged variety:rolleyes:

Mike

6 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That should scare anybody just by pointing it at them (assuming they know what it is).

My home defense is a little bit rifle and a little bit pistol. Makes a nice “critter gitter”

A1C76C45-38F5-478A-A827-543EFA415652.jpeg

I don’t pack that one obviously. I leave that to a Dan Wesson Valkyrie.

And if you run out of shells you just knock’em on the head with it.

• Haha 1

I have never seen anyone bigger than a 12 gauge!

• Like 1

why is it a double barrel speaks volumes especially when pointing in your direction?

16 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I have never seen anyone bigger than a 12 gauge!

Is still want an Ithaca Roadblocker, even though reports are that they are prone to jamming 

8 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

why is it a double barrel speaks volumes especially when pointing in your direction?

Like this one it’s a stagecoach modelAD767ECB-B37C-43A4-8BC5-77C529BAB7F2.thumb.jpeg.8109c26c25270f07db1f0961148eb0e7.jpeg

• Like 1

Personally I like this kind!

colt-king-cobra-target-1024x601.jpg

On 8/21/2019 at 10:45 PM, Sledgehammer said:

Just go old school

A03142DA-2B68-4133-86C6-8D4C0BB504B5.jpeg

If the axe blow doesn't get em,  the tetanus will eventually lol

On 8/21/2019 at 10:45 PM, Sledgehammer said:

Just go old school

A03142DA-2B68-4133-86C6-8D4C0BB504B5.jpeg

If the axe blow doesn't get em,  the tetanus will eventually lol

FYI, I would strongly suggest anyone that is going to discharge a large caliber weapon in an enclosed space like a house put hearing protection on before hand or figure on spending $5,000 for hearing aids that won't completely correct the permanent damage the muzzle blast did to your hearing.  

1 hour ago, kansas farmer said:

FYI, I would strongly suggest anyone that is going to discharge a large caliber weapon in an enclosed space like a house put hearing protection on before hand or figure on spending $5,000 for hearing aids that won't completely correct the permanent damage the muzzle blast did to your hearing.  

Hope I never have to 

A senior citizen in Colorado yesterday used a baseball bat to remove a bear with cubs that was attacking her husband inside their house.

• Confused 1

225FB705-65DA-4AFE-9223-ABBBD1A8BF9A.jpeg.3bda020de60ab36ffb187cdfce294420.jpeg

not a good day 

• Confused 2