vtfireman85

I found my new home defense weapon

I was looking for something for my in-laws when I came upon this thing. haven't been in the market as such and havent been looking. this thing is COOL

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/870-side-folder

fullsizeoutput_490.jpeg

• Like 3

you just need a john wayne double barrel from the movie big jake, the shower scene was plenty convincing 

• Like 2

My favorite home defense is a pistol caliber short ar

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I was looking for something for my in-laws when I came upon this thing. haven't been in the market as such and havent been looking. this thing is COOL

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/870-side-folder

fullsizeoutput_490.jpeg

Most of  dealers I have spoken to , recommend these types or the short barrel shotgun for in home defense .  Point and shoot.  

In todays environment armed protection in house is as important as the kitchen sink.

Tony 

• Like 2

Didn't Uncle Joe say something about women using a shotgun for protection a while back??

Is a cool gun.

Dennis

Hard to beat an 870.  Recoil is the only concern I would have if they don’t have very much experience handling a gun.(in-laws). Those light weight stocks don’t have any weight to absorb recoil. My 2 cents...  For you, get 3 or 4 because it does look fun and would be cool. 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Hard to beat an 870.  Recoil is the only concern I would have if they don’t have very much experience handling a gun.(in-laws). Those light weight stocks don’t have any weight to absorb recoil. My 2 cents...  For you, get 3 or 4 because it does look fun and would be cool. 👍🏼

Good point, it would be 20 ga, and fired folded up I presume it to be like the shockwave, recoil isn't a big deal with that. But it is likely to kick some worse than a 28" bbl with walnut stock

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ve had both 12 and 20 gauge like that 20 is very manageable a lot nicer to shoot

3 hours ago, ky966boy said:

I’ve had both 12 and 20 gauge like that 20 is very manageable a lot nicer to shoot

Does it fire with the stock folded?

I just ordered one 

11 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

In todays environment armed protection in house is as important as the kitchen sink.

Tony 

Unfortunately I agree.  I absolutely hate that I feel that way and I feel the same away about being out and about in the community.   I don't see that feeling getting any better either. 

I keep a .45 in the house and one in each vehicle at a bare minimum.  99% of the time I have something much smaller and a lot less noticeable on my person.  15-20 years ago I didn't feel the need as prepared. :(

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I just ordered one 

HA HA that didn't even take any convincing from the rest of us! :)   

When you do it so easily we all don't get the same satisfying feeling of spending other people's money! :):)

1 hour ago, B.B. said:

HA HA that didn't even take any convincing from the rest of us! :)   

When you do it so easily we all don't get the same satisfying feeling of spending other people's money! :):)

Sorry, you’re right. I’ve been waiting for just the right one and when I found it it was a knee jerk reaction 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Does it fire with the stock folded?

Yes

Bought my wife a Saiga 12 a few years back, while you could. 5 shot mag, 3" double oo buck in it, 5 shot rifled slug back up. We both pack handguns all the time. Sad one feels the need, but we will not be a victim. No neighbors to see or help us. On our own. Nice shotgun you bought.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cobfly said:

Bought my wife a Saiga 12 a few years back, while you could. 5 shot mag, 3" double oo buck in it, 5 shot rifled slug back up. We both pack handguns all the time. Sad one feels the need, but we will not be a victim. No neighbors to see or help us. On our own. Nice shotgun you bought.

I hope to never need it 

Had an incident a few years back, a moron was on a 3 state spree of 1 home invasion and 4 stolen rigs. Stole rigs from highschool parking lots and farmers. Came to our place to steal a rig, wife pinned him down with a shotgun out of the safe, I came home a few minutes later, grabbed a pistol from the shop, got him in a cross fire till the cops came. They went right past me gun in hand and tackled him and then told us what we had done. Told us don't use hunting weapons for self-defense, get dedicated weapons and pack. Even explained legalities. Gotta love rural Idaho.

My home defense weapon 0EF067C1-3145-4D8D-ADEA-6BE3921316E0.thumb.jpeg.af424eef5626110cfd86f6e079a4608c.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ky966boy said:

My home defense weapon 0EF067C1-3145-4D8D-ADEA-6BE3921316E0.thumb.jpeg.af424eef5626110cfd86f6e079a4608c.jpeg

I have one of those in 44 Mag.... :)

I have a 1911 by the bed, an SR9 in the truck, an LCP in my pocket, and a shockwave on my way to the door, I really like a shotgun for a nighttime grab’n’go this ones going to get a flashlight maybe a laser it also accepts remchokes, I don’t know that I’ll use it, but it’s a nice feature. I still don’t like the slide release location on the 870. 

I tend to gravitate towards handguns that resemble the 1911 in function at least, the Ruger SR series were my favorite, anyone who knows a 1911 can pick up an SR and go without a thought. I don’t like to mix and match features in self defense handguns. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just go old school

A03142DA-2B68-4133-86C6-8D4C0BB504B5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ky966boy said:

That should scare anybody just by pointing it at them (assuming they know what it is).

My home defense is a little bit rifle and a little bit pistol. Makes a nice “critter gitter”

A1C76C45-38F5-478A-A827-543EFA415652.jpeg

I don’t pack that one obviously. I leave that to a Dan Wesson Valkyrie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Just go old school

A03142DA-2B68-4133-86C6-8D4C0BB504B5.jpeg

Easy there Lizzy...

• Haha 4