Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MTO

Complacency

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, exSW said:

Those little dogs are tough. Problem is they forget they're little dogs.

Yep, like years back when he went after the bear in the cornstalks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

You know, he pi$$es me off so much as he is always underfoot no matter where I go but we stopped in front of the church early this morning on way to the vet and said a prayer.

I sure am attached to the little PITA!

Sounds like my two, they have 5000 acres to choose from but when I lay under a pickup or tractor or whatever, I have one on each side of me "helping"😂🤣😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Sounds like my two, they have 5000 acres to choose from but when I lay under a pickup or tractor or whatever, I have one on each side of me "helping"😂🤣😄

They sure are “helpful”, yes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

They sure are “helpful”, yes?

Oh yes, like a broken arm😆. Really don't know what I would do without them though. When things are going poorly, nothing like having a dog to pet to calm me down.😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love canine help!  The other week I was lying on the ground working on a car when Chicklet came over to see what I was doing and began giving me a serious face wash!

We have one Jack Russel among all the beagles, he hears something at night and sounds the alarm. You open the door and a whole bunch race out screaming at the world.....The JR runs right back in and goes under the table......

Complacency :  A few years ago I had an older beagle that no longer needed an invisible fence collar, she wouldn't go any where. But ...she did go further out the driveway than where the wire is.  I was backing my truck in to load a bunch up to go hunting. Never saw her, just that sickening bump and knowing what I just did. Terrible feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MTO said:

You know, he pi$$es me off so much as he is always underfoot no matter where I go but we stopped in front of the church early this morning on way to the vet and said a prayer.

I sure am attached to the little PITA!

I'm sure he feels the same way about you Mark. LOL!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife doesn`t share my animal compassion. 

She is tolerant but...

So today I have a friend at work with me and he isn`t taking to his accommodations very well.

He just won`t relax. May hafta get some meds from the vet, dunno.

Gonna be a LONG 2 weeks...

DSC00285.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes, I brought home a souvenir from the surgery. 

Little thing, ain`t it?!

DSC00287.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, exSW said:

Those little dogs are tough. Problem is they forget they're little dogs.

Our little rat terrier and chihuahua mix definitely fit that description!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, it's probably time for a Mrs. Chubs because he 's going to be needing a little ________ while he's laid up. Hate to know that I was laid up and not getting any _________. A great mutt owner, would have thought of it, but thought it was a good time to recommend. LOL . Poor Chubs has to eat dumplins instead.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MTO said:

Wife doesn`t share my animal compassion. 

She is tolerant but...

So today I have a friend at work with me and he isn`t taking to his accommodations very well.

He just won`t relax. May hafta get some meds from the vet, dunno.

Gonna be a LONG 2 weeks...

DSC00285.JPG

Our vet has our girl on trazadone. She's a feisty, wired one and the trazadone does the trick. I hate doing it to her, but it very well could be the difference between healing properly and not.

Her two-week post-op checkup was today. doc said the knee joint feels good and she's healing well. only 5.5 months to go. He said she can go for more-than-just-the-bathroom walks in November!! It's a long row to hoe, MTO, but you'll get there!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does she kiss him after or before the barn snack ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Does she kiss him after or before the barn snack ?

🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure glad to hear that he's doing ok, Mark. Hang in there pal.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KWRB said:

Our vet has our girl on trazadone. She's a feisty, wired one and the trazadone does the trick. I hate doing it to her, but it very well could be the difference between healing properly and not.

Her two-week post-op checkup was today. doc said the knee joint feels good and she's healing well. only 5.5 months to go. He said she can go for more-than-just-the-bathroom walks in November!! It's a long row to hoe, MTO, but you'll get there!

He nor I got ANY sleep last night. He just fussed in the kennel so I let him out and laid on the floor.

He made 200 laps around the house then laid beside me and just whimpered.

This morning I was at vet`s office when the door opened.

Doc told me to try some Buprenex in addition to his vetprofen.

Vetprofen is a nsaid and buprenex is a pain med.

He`s resting comfortably in the back of the CDG now....finally. 

Air gun didn`t even affect him.

WOW KWRB, just read your comments again.

SIX MONTHS?!!

My situation is NOTHING compared to yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

How’s your dog doing?

See above post and thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 7:16 AM, TomH said:

omplacency :  A few years ago I had an older beagle that no longer needed an invisible fence collar, she wouldn't go any where. But ...she did go further out the driveway than where the wire is.  I was backing my truck in to load a bunch up to go hunting. Never saw her, just that sickening bump and knowing what I just did. Terrible feeling.

Aw no......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MTO said:

He nor I got ANY sleep last night. He just fussed in the kennel so I let him out and laid on the floor.

He made 200 laps around the house then laid beside me and just whimpered.

This morning I was at vet`s office when the door opened.

Doc told me to try some Buprenex in addition to his vetprofen.

Vetprofen is a nsaid and buprenex is a pain med.

He`s resting comfortably in the back of the CDG now....finally. 

Air gun didn`t even affect him.

WOW KWRB, just read your comments again.

SIX MONTHS?!!

My situation is NOTHING compared to yours!

You can see why I'm willing to dope her up then! Rather have her doped up then have her wreck the implant and have to restart the clock (not to mention paying for the surgery again)!

We already did it once on the other knee. At least this time around the most risky part doesn't involve her needing to walk outside for bathroom breaks on ice and snow. Her first knee job is so good now, she'll be in great shape after the recovery, so its well worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

A little __________ might be hard on the leg!!!!!😂

Which leg? She B holding that, no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MTO said:

See above post and thanks.

We must have posted at the same time 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, MTO said:

See above post and thanks.

update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KWRB said:

update?

Sigh... he still sufferers with separation anxiety. 

He goes where I go, 24/7.

Tried leaving him with wife and within an hour, she calls me to come get him.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...