Anyone near David City, NE?

Hello, all.

I've been away from RPM for quite a while due to all the issues I was having with accessing/using the site. (but that's a separate story)

I was wondering if there might be someone here in the vicinity of David City, NE that might be able to lend a hand.

I recently bought a tractor out there and have not yet been able to get it moved. It's sitting on a lot and, unfortunately, I'm running out of time to get it out there.

My regular hauling guy can't get to it for a while and I'm currently without a trailer, myself,... so borrowed one from a neighbor last week... only to find that it had no brakes at all. (not a wiring issue)

Of course, this leaves me in kind of a bad spot so I was wondering if anyone hear might be close enough to at least get it off of the lot and to a secure location.

Appreciate any help of leads.

TIA

-FT

Nebraska 1206 is around Norfolk and Lorenzo's in the area somewhere. Ihrondiesel is local to me and has a truck. Maybe he could get it here in the area and you get it from here. 

I have his number if you want me to check. Or I think have your number and I could text it to you. 

INTERNATIONAL 1466 also has a gooseneck. 

Or pete1468, he has a truck as well. What size tractor? 

I have a gooseneck but my 5.7 Chevy isn't a big powerhouse. 

17 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Nebraska 1206 is around Norfolk and Lorenzo's in the area somewhere. Ihrondiesel is local to me and has a truck. Maybe he could get it here in the area and you get it from here. 

I have his number if you want me to check. Or I think have your number and I could text it to you. 

INTERNATIONAL 1466 also has a gooseneck. 

Or pete1468, he has a truck as well. What size tractor? 

I have a gooseneck but my 5.7 Chevy isn't a big powerhouse. 

Thanks.

It's an 826 with cab. It's a little on the shabby side but runs/drives.

You're welcome to let anyone know about it. I just didn't want to call people, myself, & ask b/c that puts them on the spot and I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way.

That's mainly why I chose to post here...

Someone can offer their help if they want - or not.

If someone is interested in hauling, that's something I'd also consider. (looks like about 240 mi)

-FT

If a purchase works out I may be going into central Iowa to bring something back home. I could swing down and haul the tractor east. Will know within a week.

I texted to ron and pete and IH1466. Maybe they'll respond here. THESD5488 is local to us here too. We are all within about 50 miles of each other. 

57 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

How soon do you need it moved? My trailer is at a paint shop right now, not sure when exactly it will be done. 

I'm already past my 14 day window, so I'll be lucky if they aren't charging me a daily storage fee. ?

-FT

2 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

How soon do you need it moved? My trailer is at a paint shop right now, not sure when exactly it will be done. 

If you need a trailer for behind your F 250 you can use mine. It's followed a Ford before and survived! 

• Haha 1

I really don't do much hauling for hire as I'd have to charge to much with a triple axle trailer and truck and no back haul.  Plus I'm busy enough with a full time job and dirt work/ dyno business.

If all you need is moved I will be traveling in the area the next few days and could move it. I wouldn't worry about a secure area. People in Nebraska are great. 

Sorry  Don't have time to haul it to busy with work 

Have you called the people you bought it from.  I buy stuff on Big Iron and Auction Time and always call the seller right after sale and talk with them.  Never had a problem with leaving it longer. Talk with the seller first 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:06 AM, sandhiller said:

If a purchase works out I may be going into central Iowa to bring something back home. I could swing down and haul the tractor east. Will know within a week.

It's already paid for... I just needs to be picked up.

If your deal works out, please check in with me.

Thanks.

-FT

18 hours ago, RKO said:

If all you need is moved I will be traveling in the area the next few days and could move it. I wouldn't worry about a secure area. People in Nebraska are great. 

Sorry  Don't have time to haul it to busy with work 

Have you called the people you bought it from.  I buy stuff on Big Iron and Auction Time and always call the seller right after sale and talk with them.  Never had a problem with leaving it longer. Talk with the seller first 

Yeah, I talked to them the other day.

They didn't sound thrilled and said they'd like it out of there before too long.

-FT

5 hours ago, FarmallTom said:

Yeah, I talked to them the other day.

They didn't sound thrilled and said they'd like it out of there before too long.

-FT

Dealer or farmer.  Is it the one that sold on Big Iron that looks like they cut the top part of the cab off 

I buy some stuff off internet auctions and so far only had one bad seller.  He was from Ohio. Listed tractor as with new tires with a little  knock in motor. Was suppose to have 14 day to get have loading dock and would help load.   Called him right after sale and he said if I didn't get it in the next two days he was going to resell it.. So I left that day got out there and the place looked like a junk yard. Loading dock was 2 2x12s 4 foot long and his help was him watching.  He had removed the new tires and put junk ones on along with the 3 point weights and other parts . The motor was locked up with hole in block he had cover up. Would not let me get close to pull it so I could load it. He Didn't want me to back over his weeds.  Had enough and called auction company and told them the deal.  They said to leave it and they would check it out. I took a bunch of pictured and sent to auction company.  Next day auction company called and said they would refund my money. And would help with expense of trucking bill.  They took him to court and seller  lost he was MAD as heck 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, RKO said:

Dealer or farmer.  Is it the one that sold on Big Iron that looks like they cut the top part of the cab off 

I buy some stuff off internet auctions and so far only had one bad seller.  He was from Ohio. Listed tractor as with new tires with a little  knock in motor. Was suppose to have 14 day to get have loading dock and would help load.   Called him right after sale and he said if I didn't get it in the next two days he was going to resell it.. So I left that day got out there and the place looked like a junk yard. Loading dock was 2 2x12s 4 foot long and his help was him watching.  He had removed the new tires and put junk ones on along with the 3 point weights and other parts . The motor was locked up with hole in block he had cover up. Would not let me get close to pull it so I could load it. He Didn't want me to back over his weeds.  Had enough and called auction company and told them the deal.  They said to leave it and they would check it out. I took a bunch of pictured and sent to auction company.  Next day auction company called and said they would refund my money. And would help with expense of trucking bill.  They took him to court and seller  lost he was MAD as heck 

Glad you got some satisfaction out of the deal gone bad. Unfortunate that it goes that way sometimes

Was someone able to help you with this or do you still need someone to go pick it up for you ?

Im only an hour or so away from David City , If you still need help I can go get it and store it for you inside untill you can come get it,  

I promise not to put more then 2 or 3 hundred hours on it ?

just kidding ,  she will just sit here waiting for you. 

• Haha 1
On 8/23/2019 at 10:26 AM, lorenzo said:

Was someone able to help you with this or do you still need someone to go pick it up for you ?

Im only an hour or so away from David City , If you still need help I can go get it and store it for you inside untill you can come get it,  

I promise not to put more then 2 or 3 hundred hours on it ?

just kidding ,  she will just sit here waiting for you. 

Thanks, Lorenzo.

I THINK I’ve got it worked out... If everything works out, it will be picked up & delivered this week.

Thank you also to ALL of those who have volunteered their assistance with this. I really sincerely, appreciate it.

I’ll try to remember to keep you updated on it’s arrival. (And, of course, pictures) ?

-FT

• Like 4