Sledgehammer

Who is going to HCOP?

Who is planning to attend the Half Century if Progress show in Rantoul?  It runs Aug 22nd to 25th. 

I will be there Fri/Sat for sure and possibly Thursday also.  A buddy is pulling a camper up but can’t go until Friday. I don’t feel like sleeping in the truck cab like I did last time so we will see what happens. 😊

We'll be there from Friday till Sunday then going to Farm Progress Tuesday & Wednesday then head home Thursday. Looking forward to meeting up again Todd and hopefully some others too!!

• Like 1

By the next one I should have my little helper old enough to join in. 

I am going to go down thursday, see the show and I am taking Smoke Rings with me and will pull thursday evening and then head back home.

AEEA3E26-9FB8-43A9-87EB-9BC599759A1C.png

• Like 1

I'm setting up Tuesday am near the runway in my usual spot. Should be a good show....again. 

If I can get off work Friday I plan on being there Friday and Saturday and pulling in the ITPA show Saturday night. 

We're going over Wednesday and staying until Saturday with the camper. Planning on dry camping with the same guy as 2 years ago. Smoker 2 will be going along for the first time. I don't think she knows what to expect as I've been to all but 2015. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Never a boring moment at this show (unless you're waiting in line to plow). 

Jerry

I'll be setting up on wed afternoon some time.  

Was planning on going but with the weather having us a month behind and have to go out of town the following week for a doctors appointment we decided to cancel our reservations. Just have to much to do and the calendar says time is running out before the weather starts turning. Hopefully 2021 will be a better year

My Dad & myself are going for the first time.  Flying out of Edmonton Alberta to the Twin cities,  then short ride to Chicago.  Drive down to the show area.

Have room,  golf cart booked last month.  No idea what to except,  only heard about because of this forum. 

7 hours ago, redturbo said:

Have room,  golf cart booked last month.  No idea what to except,  only heard about because of this forum. 

The show grounds was a US Air Force Base. Very large show with all colors represented. Widely known for being a working show. There will be plowing going on with everything from horses to steam traction engines to one off large machines like “Earthquake” (large machine like Big Bud). Normally there is corn picking and antique combines cutting beans. Food vendors, parts vendors, toy vendors, etc. The shear number of people is staggering. In 2017 I overheard one of the helpers say there were 100,000 golf carts and side by sides there. It is hectic but also the only place I know of where such a thing exists. You can get right up close to the action and see it all. 

• Like 2

Wish I was.................HCOP is the only show that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Maybe because it actually has tractors working AND pulling............

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Wish I was.................HCOP is the only show that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Maybe because it actually has tractors working AND pulling............

I forgot that part. They have pulls every evening as was mentioned above.  

The Dyno King was telling me at RPRU this could be the last HCOP because the ground changed hands?  Any truth to this?  

4 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

The Dyno King was telling me at RPRU this could be the last HCOP because the ground changed hands?  Any truth to this?  

I think that rumor surfaces every year.

Al

A reliable source has since told me it's bs!  Show will go on.

Maybe we need a meeting at Pete’s trailer once a day just to put faces with names from here?  If everyone wants to and it’s ok with Pete?

• Like 1

Sounds good to me, as long as MTO doesn't show up with a golf cart that doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I just heard that Loyalsock show won't be able to be at the sportsman's grounds again

33 minutes ago, bitty said:

I just heard that Loyalsock show won't be able to be at the sportsman's grounds again

Its done, completely true there.

1 hour ago, Pete1468 said:

A reliable source has since told me it's bs!  Show will go on.

Sweet, I might get to see it then!!!!

Shoot for 5pm at Pete’s trailer. Show is on central time for those coming from east or west.