Sign in to follow this  
forwhldrv

Added another

Found this SM about 2 hours away. The guy that owned it passed away in 2016 it’s been in a shed since then I have seen this tractor run in 2014. I bought it dirt cheap hoping to make a loader tractor to use around the house and farm. It has a live pump and vertical distributor and a Char lyn  power steering on it. I have the cylinders soaking with PB blaster now I figure it’s worth more for parts that will fit my other SM if needed or rebuild it to have another. I am surprised it looks like a factory belly pump delete I figured belly pumps were on almost all of these.  

537CA7B2-C995-4231-8B5B-CA59B2E50E11.jpeg

BD3F0B8B-09E0-4855-87D5-EB81BA8CC921.jpeg

FE0BE1CA-ECC7-4725-8D2A-A815F2B40327.jpeg

6EB10CB8-900B-4D12-A18A-5225BBF194DA.jpeg

49BF318F-53FE-44DC-83B5-5A0AA4224671.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like a nice one.   IH wide front,power steering, a bunch of weights, and good rubber

• Like 1

Nice find! I hope it unsticks easily, way too nice for parts....

Its a stage one SM so it would come with belly pump hydraulics, live came later on the stage two ( battery under seat ) models. The live pump from a stage two can be put on a stage one and the belly pump removed or used as a reservoir.( if it was installed originally, might have been factory delete.) It also may have been a magneto ignition and it was replaced with the Delco distributor and the live pump added then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomH said:

Nice find! I hope it unsticks easily, way too nice for parts....

Its a stage one SM so it would come with belly pump hydraulics, live came later on the stage two ( battery under seat ) models. The live pump from a stage two can be put on a stage one and the belly pump removed or used as a reservoir.( if it was installed originally, might have been factory delete.) It also may have been a magneto ignition and it was replaced with the Delco distributor and the live pump added then.

It has plugs in the holes for the belly pump and a cast cover over the belly pump hole just wish the cover wasn’t cracked 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Looks like a nice one.   IH wide front,power steering, a bunch of weights, and good rubber

It even came with good snow tires 

A4BA6153-D85B-41BB-8B7F-5F85CB16B93A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow , what a find! Where was it at?

• Like 1

Good rear weight too...

• Like 1

Nice Tractor,  I like the Hydraulic levers,   Do you know the history of this SM? ,  Like others have said,   I like the rear weights!! 

Good Find!!

Jim Droscha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Wow , what a find! Where was it at?

Tilton NH I got a bunch of M parts Too including a nice Schwartz wide front for an M and found this flyer in a drawer with some othe IH sales literature  

9131F0E3-776B-4561-BBF2-73815F6CEBBD.jpeg

8832EDB5-B8D8-409B-BF51-FAE273046061.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Nice Tractor,  I like the Hydraulic levers,   Do you know the history of this SM? ,  Like others have said,   I like the rear weights!! 

Good Find!!

Jim Droscha

No history of it other than in 2011and then again it 2014 we had bought a I9 and a 600 diesel from the man that owed this tractor and he used this tractor both times to pull on the non running tractors on the trailer with a cable and pulley. I guess he knew it was stuck before he died in 2016 but has been in a shed since then I found it for sale a few weeks ago his wife  is selling the place and downsizing her land and his daughters are cleaning the place up for their Mom. They also have a 39 M there too but the motor looks to have a G cast in the date code and a fuel pump block off plate and a spot for a dipstick. The guy had told us the motor was tired years ago needed a rebuilt in 2011 but they didn’t like my offer of less than scrap price on it. 

5361BB78-64EF-453E-B6C7-F48611D957B2.jpeg

DBCF3288-733C-4550-8401-1BC512C7B413.jpeg

• Like 1

I just had some very good luck with PB Blaster and a stuck SM. Hope yours goes as well. As a loader tractor, I have always had one around, still do, probably always will. Good luck!

PS. Mine has the same snow tires 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I just had some very good luck with PB Blaster and a stuck SM. Hope yours goes as well. As a loader tractor, I have always had one around, still do, probably always will. Good luck!

PS. Mine has the same snow tires 😄

I figured he put em because they were a few more plys  than the three ribs 

• Like 1

I'm always envious of M's/SM's with good matching tires, and even more so if they are 23 degree Firestones.

Oh, and eat your Wheaties if you try to remove that steel plate under the drawbar. Steel weighs more than cast iron, roughly 11% more, and that plate weighs almost as much as ALL the wheel weights.

Nice SM, and the loader looks good too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I'm always envious of M's/SM's with good matching tires, and even more so if they are 23 degree Firestones.

Oh, and eat your Wheaties if you try to remove that steel plate under the drawbar. Steel weighs more than cast iron, roughly 11% more, and that plate weighs almost as much as ALL the wheel weights.

Gravity will get it all the way to his toes😂

‘‘tis a nice purchase for sure. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I pulled with my daughters M last fall I hung a old bed off a Bridgeport under like that