Casey123

Hough transmission seal

Hey everyone. Wondering if anyone out there knows where I can buy a transmission output shaft seal for a 196? Hough 30B loader. It has the gas 6 cylinder iH engine. 

Edited by Casey123
Spelling

You probably have to get it out or at least so you can see a number and match it. If that does't work, once it's out measure it,

DWF

I would really hate to do that in case I can't match it up. I had that happen before which caused me 4 months downtime. I have been adding 1 liter every 2 days to stay running.

You can put the IH/Hough part number at this link  to cross it over to a SKF number.  I doubt the seal is anything special.  That loader will have the P600 Hough transmission.

http://www.skfpartsinfo.com/

Or post the IH part number here and someone can help you locate one.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Do you have a manual for this machine to get a part number? I would rather have a seal in hand before I start replacing.

Thanks, Al

Casey,    No book here.  Your Komatsu dealer maybe can help.  They are the ones that took over Dresser who took over IHC Construction machinery.  Been a long time ago now though, so they may not know what you are talking about.  You may need to find a parts manual.  E Bay or Binderbooks.

good luck

Dennis

Yea, a couple years ago I purchased a repair manual for this machine but couldn't find a parts manual at the time. I will start the search again. Thanks anyway.

Al

I think I have 2 parts manuals for 30B one good one poor.